Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2009 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
So, while Tecmo should go anally rape themselves for having nothing but ANOTHER revamp of a Ninja Gaiden game, and 9 months after Itagaki left the company (honestly, Tecmo should be ashamed of just trying to milk out more money from his work), and while I'm furious that they might actually make needed improvements to the game....exclusively on a console which I don't own, and cannot afford with my current finances, and the crappy state of the economy, I have calmed down a bit to wonder if they will at least make the much needed improvements that this game needs. If you ask me, its still a great game, but it was rushed to be released on its originally scheduled date, which pisses me off when I think of how good this game truly would have been if it had been completed, and reached its full potential.

This is still very much an amazing game, and one of my favorites in this generation of games, in which 90% of the stuff we currently have are just designed to hold your hand and baby-feed you, since difficulty is much too "frustrating" for the soft gamers who have started gaming in this generation, but even I see its major flaws. These flaws are all that really hold it back from suprassing its predecessor (which is one of my favorite games of all time).

At any rate, is anyone who owns a PS3 at least hopeful that they will fix the glitches, remove the annoying enemies, COMPLETELY remove the horrid stage known as Chapter 9, and add some new content to the game that doesn't actually suck?

Of course, with Ayane featured as a playable character being the only bonus content that we've heard of, so far (which I know will suck, perhaps even worse than a certain pair of boobies with a war hammer from NGS1), I'm not too happy about where this game seems to be going.

When I think about it, though, even though I am pissed at both Tecmo and Team Ninja for this, I'm also partly hopeful that this game does do well on the PS3, and that it does get the series more attention, popularity, and recognition. Maybe this way we may see a Ninja Gaiden 3, but hopefully as a multi-platform game, rather than just an exclusive to 1 console (which would therefore please both Sony and Microsoft fans).

So, does anyone have any thoughts on this? At any rate, its still NG2, which is an awesome game, so at least the PS3 is getting a good game that we already know is mostly quality stuff. But, still, I want to know what other people think is the fate of this game, and of the NG franchise, in general.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.