Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 19, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't really notice a huge dip in animation quality, this might be because I wasn't focusing, or maybe I happened to watch a refurbished version from the DVD's.

I couldn't fully connect emotionally to all the melodrama, maybe because I didn't really have enough to go on as to what Atsuko's feelings really were. I did feel bad for her but nothing more.

Hatchin is really desperate to protect Michiko, while Michiko is in full denial still. At least Atsuko probably understands now that she will never be able to fix Michiko.

I'm actually now starting to notice a pattern I should have noticed before: Michiko and Atsuko are both chasing after their own "white whales", respectively, and when presented with reality neither of them can accept it. I guess there is such a thing as too much determination.
Nov 27, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2017
aww the ending was so sad :( but oop i guess i wasn't the only one to notice the weird animation

nonetheless i still enjoyed the episode!
Sep 28, 2019 10:38 PM

Oct 2012
Damn Atsuko is really angry
Guess this is the last time we'll see her, I like her
Even though I can't understand what she's feeling
She hated Michiko, but at same time care for her

I guess she just want to her live normally away from this Hiroshi, it's probably bad idea anyway
"Signature removed"
Sep 6, 2022 6:06 PM
May 2020
It is finally over. The afro-cop is finally giving up on Michiko.
Nov 4, 2022 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Despite a few moments where the drawing of some character was uneven this was an amazing episode, the first half with Satoshi was so perfectly tense and the second one was full melodrama and a very good one, the idea of learning to let go despite having going so far for it, Atsuko fully embraced it at the end knowing she could never "catch" Michiko meanwhile Michiko seems getting close to that idea since now she keeps mentioning and emphasising Hatchin along with Hiroshi unlike before when she was all about Hiroshi so maybe she might let go of him? Or probably not.
Dec 19, 2022 1:28 PM
Oct 2020
i still have a little trouble understanding michiko and atsuko's relationship (maybe because i took too many long breaks between episodes), but even still this episode was so touching.
May 13, 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
While I'm also puzzled regarding the Atsuko/Michiko relationship, it was established that at one point they were close and cared about one another, so the ending was kinda moving, in a slightly ambiguous way. Maybe it's kind of like the whole Raylan/Boyd relationship from Justified, "we dug coal together"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Dec 4, 2008

76 by mintkat »»
Sep 5, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

106 by ExpedientWitted »»
Aug 20, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

243 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 24, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

41 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 23, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Feb 10, 2009

76 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 22, 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.