Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2013 10:25 PM

Jan 2012
My room is one of the coldest parts of the house (Averaging around 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit) and at first, I liked it because my figures are pretty much in decent shape.

However, it gets below freezing in the winter so I need to use my heater. Is it okay if my heater is set to 64 degrees? Or should I lower it?

P.S My heater is somewhat far from my figures. Here is a scale to picture what my room is like

------------[Heater]
_____
[ My ]---------------------------------- [ Desk ]
[ Bed ]-----------------------------------[Chair]
[____]
--------------------------------------------------------[Window]
Scale:
- : Distance scaling purposes

The Window on the far right of my desk is closed and no sunlight ever reaches inside from that part of the room so my figures don't melt (I have a window near my bed that allows sunlight and air in if I wish so.)

The figures are located on the far right side of my desk near a wall, NOT the window. The window is located a couple of feet away from my desk to keep my figures safe.

Please tell me if my set up is okay or if my figures will die!
Lt_SpinzakuDec 12, 2013 10:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 12, 2013 10:26 PM

Jun 2007
Unless you put your figures like directly on the fucking heater (or if it's a ceiling one, directly below it) or are making the room over 130 degrees it won't do a thing.

Hell, you should be more worried about the sunlight - as that IS damaging to figures pretty easily and seriously. You should keep them entirely out of natural light. It sounds like you do that though, so there's nothing to worry about.

As long as the heater isn't blowing on them or touching them physically, they should be fine - as far as they'll know it's just not winter so the air in the room isn't super cold.
TallonKarrde23Dec 12, 2013 10:37 PM
Dec 12, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Unless you put your figures like directly on the fucking heater (or if it's a ceiling one, directly below it) or are making the room over 130 degrees it won't do a thing.

Hell, you should be more worried about the sunlight - as that IS damaging to figures pretty easily and seriously. You should keep them entirely out of natural light. It sounds like you do that though, so there's nothing to worry about.

Alright thanks! Yea, I took advice from my friends and don't ever let my figurines see natural light.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Just wanted to ask something 'bout Hobby Search.

Wishy - Jul 28, 2010

6 by SpikeSoleil »»
Jul 14, 2017 2:16 PM

Poll: » MyFigureCollection Accounts

Quintessence - Jul 18, 2014

12 by MaryNekoChan »»
Apr 18, 2017 3:25 AM

» What Anime Figures Would You Buy If They Were Made?

loplop - Apr 22, 2009

44 by Jadefire79 »»
Aug 15, 2016 10:25 PM

» [NSFW] - My set of cute & sexy fairies from Tony's Heroine Collection

twoduy - Apr 30, 2016

0 by twoduy »»
Apr 30, 2016 7:15 AM

» Show us your figure collection! / Catch of The Day ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Flame_Haze - Feb 25, 2008

608 by StatuesFigsMore »»
Apr 29, 2016 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.