Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2007 12:45 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This ep wasn't to bad. It was a bit slow but still overall goodness. I'm also getting the picture that the older guy with the scar on his face is gonna be this series Char aznable/Rau Le Creuset I could be wrong though. Just something about the guy and the way he acts gives me that feeling.

Lets hope next ep has a bit more action.
Oct 22, 2007 9:32 AM

Oct 2006
Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea, but are all other Gundam's just mindless mecha action..?

I don't know what do you guys mean with slow, really... where getting more than one battle per episode. That's more then enough IMO. I'm liking the series as it is, I don't want any mecha going "wtf-I-pwn-all-gg"...

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. I'm getting more and more fond of the music themes used.
I get the feeling that the supposed mastermind behind the Celestial Beings, Schenberg, his actually dead. That he planned all this ahead and now were only seeing a recording of him. I might be wrong though.
Oct 22, 2007 11:49 AM

Oct 2007
Kayrhandros said:

*clip*

I get the feeling that the supposed mastermind behind the Celestial Beings, Schenberg, his actually dead. That he planned all this ahead and now were only seeing a recording of him. I might be wrong though.

I thought the same thing. (imo its better that way)

I'm loving the mecha designs, very cool (slick gundam's and clunky mobile suit's alike). Episode 3 was great, I thought the action was fine actually; well, it's all episode specific. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this series.
Oct 22, 2007 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, I really like the mecha designs. If it turns out that what Kayrhandros says is somewhat close to the truth, that'd be pretty darn awesome :D
Oct 22, 2007 2:56 PM

Jan 2007
I thought this episode was pretty good. I'm enjoying the pace and the battles were cool. I'm looking forward to more as the charcters starts meeting with each other more.
Oct 22, 2007 4:00 PM
Oct 2007
Nyoro~n's translation is pretty much garbage - see here:
http://www.darkmirage.com/2007/10/22/gundam-00-nyoron-translation-errors/

You're much better off getting Conclave & Mendoi's or even Anon's - both are MUCH better than Nyoro~n's subs, which have completely opposite meanings half the time.
Oct 22, 2007 4:41 PM

May 2007
Kayrhandros said:
I don't know what do you guys mean with slow, really... where getting more than one battle per episode. That's more then enough IMO. I'm liking the series as it is, I don't want any mecha going "wtf-I-pwn-all-gg"...

Lol, yeah, too much gundam fighting gets a bit out of hand. Though I'm a bit disappointed that the Gundam designs aren't as impressive as we've seen in other series before it.

I actually had the same exact thought as you Kay when I saw the recording again. Somehow he knew all of this was going to happen at some point and if you think about it, the recording that was sent out to the public is very general, saying things about "the world is at war" and "we will fight to bring peace." There's nothing really specific that pertains to the current time. So it definitely gives a small piece of evidence in favor of it.

Sagi Crossroads...interesting name. I wonder what will become of the relationship between Setsuna and Sagi.

This series seems like one of the better ones for Fall anime. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

Edit: @silverfire: Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was about to download them too. Luckily for me, the torrent was going slow and I ended up with Mendoi's. I'll definitely have to be on the look out.
VK11Oct 22, 2007 5:05 PM
Oct 22, 2007 7:01 PM

Jun 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea, but are all other Gundam's just mindless mecha action..?

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. I'm getting more and more fond of the music themes used.

I was referring to the story. Nothing has really progressed since the first ep. We know all the same things that we did before, with the exception of the new anti-gundam group. I'm happy that it's more realistic but with only 25 eps in this series I hope they don't hold to many secrets till the end.
Oct 22, 2007 7:04 PM

Nov 2006
ALL I WANT TO KNOW: where the hell was my yaoi?!

Comment: Visit us at #conclave & #mendoi @ irc.rizon.net | Enjoy your yaoi.
Comment: Canon gay? In MY Gundam?

I was duped...:'(
Oct 23, 2007 9:26 AM

Oct 2006
lol windy... I can't say I'm sorry for you though :P

vindemon64 said:
I actually had the same exact thought as you Kay when I saw the recording again. Somehow he knew all of this was going to happen at some point and if you think about it, the recording that was sent out to the public is very general, saying things about "the world is at war" and "we will fight to bring peace." There's nothing really specific that pertains to the current time. So it definitely gives a small piece of evidence in favor of it.
Exactly. But it also brings up one problem. If he really is dead and that's just a recording, who is really leading the Celestial Beings. Are they following the orders "Schenberg", or did he delegate his leadership to another person. Or maybe he's just a facade to keep the other factions busy. Either way I'm really interested to see what developments we get on this.

DeathfireD said:
I was referring to the story. Nothing has really progressed since the first ep. We know all the same things that we did before, with the exception of the new anti-gundam group. I'm happy that it's more realistic but with only 25 eps in this series I hope they don't hold to many secrets till the end.
I guess there was no major progression story-wise but there was some. In light of the CB actions there's already one of the many factions in conflict over the world deciding to abandon it and give way to peace. It's also logical to think that the kid leaving in the same building as Setsuna will have some kind of relation with him.

It's just the first episode so I think if they set up the grounds nicely and then move on to a more fast paced storyline the show will be great.
So far, like I said before, I'm liking it.

As for subs, Mendoi-Conclave are definitely the best pick. Translation is the best of the three, plus I really like the typesetting they're using.
Oct 23, 2007 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
I kinda liked this more than the previous episode. It's cool that we finally see some changes happen because of Celestial Being.
Oct 23, 2007 5:11 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

Iirc isn't MSGundam 00 running 2 seasons?
Oct 23, 2007 10:57 PM

Jun 2007
wander said:
DeathfireD said:

Iirc isn't MSGundam 00 running 2 seasons?

I have no idea. I would hope so but from the looks of it only 25 eps are set to come out :(. It is gundam though so id expect 50 or so eps and a crap done of movies and side storys of the series xD
Oct 24, 2007 9:47 AM

May 2007
the exia was kinda weird... i mean

Oct 24, 2007 7:38 PM

Mar 2007
Marek92 said:

Because he wouldn't get any real sword fighting experience out of it, since it slashes through everything cept other beam swords, and he's a new pilot, so he definitely needs it considering he's been nearly been getting owned by all these lower models even though he has the advantage of speed/maneuverability, that and one shouldn't reveal their full arsenal at the beginning of the fight

I agree with the whole Schenberg being dead idea, that or hes in some cyrotube or whatever those sleeping chambers are called, waiting to be awakened when he's needed . . . I also thought that there was going to be a second season as well considering how much they try to take from each arc, so 25 seems a bit short
SukotsutsuOct 24, 2007 7:41 PM

Dibs on Ishida!
Oct 24, 2007 10:19 PM

May 2007
Sukotsutsu said:
Marek92 said:

Because he wouldn't get any real sword fighting experience out of it, since it slashes through everything cept other beam swords, and he's a new pilot, so he definitely needs it considering he's been nearly been getting owned by all these lower models even though he has the advantage of speed/maneuverability, that and one shouldn't reveal their full arsenal at the beginning of the fight

I agree with the whole Schenberg being dead idea, that or hes in some cyrotube or whatever those sleeping chambers are called, waiting to be awakened when he's needed . . . I also thought that there was going to be a second season as well considering how much they try to take from each arc, so 25 seems a bit short

thanx,
a lot of other sites also say it gonna run 50 eps.. so 2 seasons.... (i really hope they don't cancel it!)

Oct 26, 2007 9:23 PM

Feb 2007
yeah I just noticed the 25 ep thing.. so I assume multi seasoned.
:>
Oct 29, 2007 4:53 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Yup, it's supposed to be two seasons.

As for Schenberg(?) being dead... in the subs I watched, he was a major figure 200 years ago. Unless they've doubled human life expectancy, I think it's safe to say he's dead. They don't know where his assets went, and he's not *supposed to* have an remaining family. I'm wondering if that's truly the case...

Two favorite parts: when Louise told Sagi that he was supposed to be chasing her, and Acre's "love affair" with the gundams.
Oct 31, 2007 8:00 PM

Jun 2007
They said he was dead in like the second ep...sooooo maybe he really is dead?
Aug 25, 2008 10:00 PM

Jan 2008
As I'm watching this series now, it really isn't living up to its hype. When is it going to start getting good? I like the main character though, but only when he's not in his Gundam, which isn't very often. Although, I'll continue to watch the series because it still has potential...
Oct 14, 2008 1:27 PM

Sep 2008
i dont know why. but as soon as Setsuna chopped off that other suit's arm. i had that cant touch this song or w/e stuck in my head lol
Dec 28, 2008 4:31 AM
Nov 2007
Graham gets his but kicked by Gundam Setsuna xD. Even before the OP credits >___<

Graham Aker: ooooh a beam saber.
Dec 29, 2008 5:21 PM
Dec 2008
Kayrhandros said:

i think you are right. that looks like where they are going with it as of right now. going to have to watch to see.

lostty said:
As I'm watching this series now, it really isn't living up to its hype. When is it going to start getting good? I like the main character though, but only when he's not in his Gundam, which isn't very often. Although, I'll continue to watch the series because it still has potential...

i feel the same way. it's not that good. not as good as wing or even seed (and i don't really like seed to emo for my tastes) they do milk the life out of great series. if you want to see a good gundam watch or rewatch the first one.
to little to late.

Apr 18, 2009 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
I did enjoy this episode, although once again it was a bit slow in the middle. I'm interested to see what those two Union guys are planning in the anti-Gundam organization. The battle between Setsuna and the Colonel in Ceylon was very entertaining because it shows that even fighters with the most experience can't compare with these guys. And then at the end we learn that what Celestial Being is doing migh actually work when one of the conflicts is put to an end. It'll certainly be interesting to see where things go from here.
May 27, 2009 10:32 AM

Jun 2008
Kineta said:

As for Schenberg(?) being dead... in the subs I watched, he was a major figure 200 years ago. Unless they've doubled human life expectancy, I think it's safe to say he's dead. They don't know where his assets went, and he's not *supposed to* have an remaining family. I'm wondering if that's truly the case...

Two favorite parts: when Louise told Sagi that he was supposed to be chasing her, and Acre's "love affair" with the gundams.

Yeah he can't be alive.

Is it just me or the pilot of Exia is useless. Really both guys that he fought today would have kicked his ass if his machine wasn't superior by far. Normally he should have kicked both there asses easily.
Aug 15, 2009 7:21 AM

Sep 2008
Quite intresting that main charcater isn't greatest pilot/driver/soldier ever. And that yellow ball is funny. :D
Feb 6, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
A slightly better episode than the previous one.

I wonder how this "wold change" is going to affect the plot.
Aug 19, 2010 6:48 PM

Apr 2009
obama is unhapping with this situation :p
Nov 3, 2010 7:10 AM

May 2010
this episode was good but im expecting more from this anime
Jan 1, 2011 9:03 PM

Jul 2010
Graham v.s. Setsuna ended too soon! Argh!!

Good episode. It looks the the interventions are paying off.
Apr 18, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Kineta said:

Yeah he can't be alive.

Is it just me or the pilot of Exia is useless. Really both guys that he fought today would have kicked his ass if his machine wasn't superior by far. Normally he should have kicked both there asses easily.

You mean like how Amuro, Kamille and Kira started out as crappy pilots in amazing mecha?

Heero, and Shin were the only protagonists I can think of that started off as amazing pilots.

Not sure about the protagonist from G as I haven't ever seen that one

===

The battleship needs the Gundam in it to recharge?
THATS a new one.
SabinleroseApr 18, 2011 9:25 PM
May 28, 2011 7:06 PM

May 2009
MasaruMKII said:
the exia was kinda weird... i mean he always attacks with the "normal sword" and when he is in real danger (2 times this episode if i counted right) he uses the "beam sword/blade"... and then he kills perfectly.... SO WHY DOESNT HE ALWAYS USE IT?? :s
Most likely because it uses a lot more of the sparkly particles.

lostty said:
As I'm watching this series now, it really isn't living up to its hype. When is it going to start getting good?
You know, the first time I saw the series I didn't really get into it until after about 10 episodes. Took me a while to get to like the characters and for the story to really kick in.

Monad said:
Is it just me or the pilot of Exia is useless. Really both guys that he fought today would have kicked his ass if his machine wasn't superior by far.
This is true. Keep in mind that this is pretty much Setsuna's third real battle or something and that both Graham and Sergei are aces with lots of experience in combat.

We see Celestial Being's plan is actually starting to affect the world with this episode.
Jul 29, 2012 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not a big fan of Mecha series but I find Gundam 00 interesting. At least there's no bromance like in Gundam Seed. xD
Nov 26, 2012 9:46 PM

Oct 2009
I cannot approve idea of CB deciding if world needs wars, or it doesn't. What about ethnoses being infringed? Liberating wars or overthrowing dictators? How can they deprive nations of their right to withstand their freedom? Who gave them the right to decide for all the people of the world? The fact that wars usually are not the only option, and that wars are usually wars of aggression, not of liberation, is another case. But despite wars not always being rightful, and always being horrible, sometimes it really is the only argument and only option. But authors just postulate that wars are bad, so all wars must be eradicated and put CB like absolutely positive, not allowing even a slightest doubt about righteousness of their cause. Oh please, don't give me that crap.
So, I personally will cheer against this organisation.

CG-LOVER said:
The battle between Setsuna and the Colonel in Ceylon was very entertaining because it shows that even fighters with the most experience can't compare with these guys.

The battle between Setsuna and Lieutenant Colonel was indeed entertaining, but by diametrically opposite reason for me: because it shows that even greatly underpowered MS has at least slightest chance of competing with gundams, and destroying it. The fact that Colonel lost in the end is another case, it's not like I would expect so much as gundam losing so casually and early in the series anyway
SerhiykoNov 26, 2012 10:02 PM
Oct 14, 2013 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
I already watched 3 episodes and no progress at all.. . . :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
The mystery behind Celestial Being thickens, really wonder how big of a role that man from 200 years ago had in its founding. Looks like the major powers are on the move to collect info regarding the Gundams. The students are interesting, I wonder what role they'll have in this. "This is the part where you're supposed to chase me!" That cracked me up.

I'm really liking the mature, political conspiracy approach this series is taking so far.
Apr 8, 2014 3:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot believe there is so much negativity about this series in this threads. I'm loving the careful pacing, introducing the characters slowly. Unlike other Gundam's there has been no repetitive EMO screaming in every combat mission and the fights are short and to the point. The MC is not a genius pilot and thats a good thing because otherwise he'd never lose.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2013
It seems Setsuna doesn't like to be touched.
Jul 31, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
Oh ho ho ho, it looks like Celestial Being's goal is already coming to fruition! Show off enough and other people will stop their war for fear of getting their ass hunted down. Personally, I'm fully in support of Celestial Being's method.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 14, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
Well looks like Celestial Being put some points on the board, but just how are they funding and fueling themselves.

The politics haven't even begun I fear.
Sep 30, 2018 10:50 PM
Sep 2018
I do like the concept but the execution so has been rather underwhelming. Aside from the fact that is extremely contrived that some hundreds year old conflict gets magically solved by some 3rd party arm-wrestling (unless there is something else to it yet to be seen), the way the show does exposition and explains their politics is... really boring. On top of that, the characters aren't particularly interesting so far.

Hope it picks up. There is still some potential with the concept of an iffy-looking secret organization forcing peace on others by war tactics.
Dec 31, 2018 4:51 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Come to think of it, the pacing is a little slow, which I didn’t notice when I first watched it. And there is something fishy about a 400-year war suddenly coming to an end.

Once again, Lockon acts like Setsuna’s babysitter lol.
May 27, 2020 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
I'm starting to soak into the world presented by this anime, although this episode felt kinda slow and naive in terms of presenting geopolitics (while they were presented quite alright in the previous episode).
May 17, 2021 1:43 PM

Sep 2017
Serhiyko said:
I cannot approve idea of CB deciding if world needs wars, or it doesn't. What about ethnoses being infringed? Liberating wars or overthrowing dictators? How can they deprive nations of their right to withstand their freedom? Who gave them the right to decide for all the people of the world? The fact that wars usually are not the only option, and that wars are usually wars of aggression, not of liberation, is another case. But despite wars not always being rightful, and always being horrible, sometimes it really is the only argument and only option. But authors just postulate that wars are bad, so all wars must be eradicated and put CB like absolutely positive, not allowing even a slightest doubt about righteousness of their cause. Oh please, don't give me that crap.
So, I personally will cheer against this organisation.

I agree, people who impose their will on others will never be able to achieve peace.
Let's see where this anime goes with this concept.
Oct 3, 2022 10:52 AM
May 2015
it was sooo damn hard
Jan 3, 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
I really like the ending theme.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Jun 9, 5:00 PM
Mar 2022
Good episode man, I liked it alot
Oct 21, 4:47 PM
Feb 2024
Just picked randomly picked this series up rn. Im into it, but I’m not digging Setsunas edgy-emo loner vibe. He seems like a massive liability; being unskilled/untested is one thing, but he ignored his team before and after battle, then went solo and exposed himself. If he’s got that much mental damage he probs shouldn’t be in a mech lol

Anyways, I get we gotta have a weak link to spice things up, but I hope he ain’t the majority of screen time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Jan 19, 2008

89 by symiel »»
Aug 7, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.