Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2013 2:25 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a shitty fiance.

But that's the typical type of Kings in fairy tales after all.

I'm surprised how long it takes her to knit a sweater. I whole fucking year for 1.
It's not one with a complex pattern. Sweaters only take 50 hours or so. And that's all she did was knit so it's not like there was other stuff in the way.

~and nobody learned their lesson~
~The End~
Feb 10, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder where I can watch this subbed?
Mar 19, 2017 7:13 PM

Feb 2013
This was one of my favorite movie back when I was a kid. Would watch it every time it was shown on TV.
Mar 19, 2017 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
lanblade said:

I'm surprised how long it takes her to knit a sweater. I whole fucking year for 1.
It's not one with a complex pattern. Sweaters only take 50 hours or so. And that's all she did was knit so it's not like there was other stuff in the way.

She had to make the yarn herself with thorns (from some specific bush.), not wool, and than use it to make the 4 sweater. I don't see how this being an ordeal and a much slower process than using normal balls of wool isn't completely obvious.
Mar 19, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
Dmpstrbaby said:
lanblade said:

She had to make the yarn herself with thorns (from some specific bush.), not wool, and than use it to make the 4 sweater. I don't see how this being an ordeal and a much slower process than using normal balls of wool isn't completely obvious.

She made all the yarn with the stinging nettles for all 6 sweaters in a single year as a child from near the cave. THEN she started knitting after leaving the cave. The cave had the spinning yarn wheel. If she needed to make yarn all the time she wouldn't leave the wheel behind nor leave the cave, and the stinging nettles she needs only grow in graveyards as there was one right near the gave. There is no graveyard in the middle of the woodlands where she ran away to. It's clear that she didn't need more yarn b/c she abandoned the machine to make yarn and the location to gather the plant.

She knitted at a speed of 1 sweater a year after she had all her yarn. We never see her make more yarn during the montage.
This knitting speed is incredibly slow even for beginners. Especially since she doesn't do anything else with her time (besides eating and sleeping).

When that evil witch destroyed the last yarn she had left to finish the final sweater, she went to collect more thorny plant to make more yarn (and was caught in the graveyard). She was then sent to the dungeon and the prince let her have her stuff back; she made the last bit of yarn with just a rock and finished that final sweater all within like a week b/c she was being executed (which they wanted done fast b/c the believed he was the one causing disease in the village).
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.