Forum Settings
Forums
New
How'd you get into RG Veda?
Nov 30, 2008 12:24 PM

Aug 2007
No doubt we've all gotten into this series differently.

How'd you come across or get into RG Veda?

For me, it was the artwork. xD CLAMP's artwork ranks high with me, but my breath was taken away when I saw a pic of child!Ashura in a cherry blossom tree. Though... I also thought that Ashura was a "she" back then..

A few years or so after that, I found the manga, and bought it on the spot. I've been a fan of it ever since.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 22, 2009 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
The ArtWork is sooo for me ... I fell in Love whit the Art at first :P
80% of MAL's Anime Fanbase= Yaoi Fangirls^^. If you don't give shit about the statistics and just want to see two guys fuck madly, Read/Watch some Yaoi!!!
Feb 1, 2009 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
Akumu-chan said:
The ArtWork is sooo for me ... I fell in Love whit the Art at first :P

The artwork's just so detailed! xD I can't even pick a favorite.

(Nice icon by the way. |D)

Feb 7, 2009 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
Yesss... Yasha-ou fucking Hot!! Ashura fucking kawaiiii!! Evil Ashura mmmm his brutal nqx nqx nqx.
Personally i think that Ashura-ou is really hot too *kyaaaaa* Like him ...so lovely. I will make a sin for him too :D
80% of MAL's Anime Fanbase= Yaoi Fangirls^^. If you don't give shit about the statistics and just want to see two guys fuck madly, Read/Watch some Yaoi!!!
Feb 12, 2009 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
Akumu-chan said:
Yesss... Yasha-ou fucking Hot!! Ashura fucking kawaiiii!! Evil Ashura mmmm his brutal nqx nqx nqx.
Personally i think that Ashura-ou is really hot too *kyaaaaa* Like him ...so lovely. I will make a sin for him too :D

xDDD

Evil Ashura is just... woo...And
Mar 15, 2009 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
I was intoduced to this manga by a friend who is an absolute Clamp fan. When I started to read the story I fell in love with it! But as a Clamp story I was afraid of the ending...Also I had quite a time accepting the fact that Ashura is a boy!:P
But my absolute favourite in the story is Karura-Ou! I always had a weak point to characters with an animal accompanying them guess that's one of the reason that I love her. (Hmmm now I realized why I'm a fan of Yuzuriha...:DD)
The only thing I couldn't understand is that why there is no NORMAL love in the story????:P
Mar 16, 2009 9:05 AM

Aug 2007
Finarien said:
I was intoduced to this manga by a friend who is an absolute Clamp fan. When I started to read the story I fell in love with it! But as a Clamp story I was afraid of the ending...Also I had quite a time accepting the fact that Ashura is a boy!:P
But my absolute favourite in the story is Karura-Ou! I always had a weak point to characters with an animal accompanying them guess that's one of the reason that I love her. (Hmmm now I realized why I'm a fan of Yuzuriha...:DD)
The only thing I couldn't understand is that why there is no NORMAL love in the story????:P

Welcome to CLAMP and their twisted love stories. xD

CLAMP doesn't just incorporate love; they also wrap tragedy around it a bit; the only exception to this, in my opinion, is Card Captor Sakura.

(Just curious, what did you mean by "normal"?)
Mar 16, 2009 2:21 PM

Feb 2009
Hmmm normal...like Boy+Girl!:) Not some yuri or yaoi feeling.:P It doesn't really bothers me if there is some tragedy around it, after all we are talking about clamp!;)

Well Tsubasa Chronicle is kind of ok too I think.

Either way I'm a big fan of them I read a lotof stuff from them! I love that they draw every single little armor piece sooo extravagantly detailed and beutiful!
Mar 17, 2009 10:42 AM

Aug 2007
Finarien said:
Hmmm normal...like Boy+Girl!:) Not some yuri or yaoi feeling.:P It doesn't really bothers me if there is some tragedy around it, after all we are talking about clamp!;)

Well Tsubasa Chronicle is kind of ok too I think.

Either way I'm a big fan of them I read a lotof stuff from them! I love that they draw every single little armor piece sooo extravagantly detailed and beutiful!

Well, CLAMP is known for ambiguity when it comes to some pairings.

While Ashura/Yasha is up in the air due to Ashura's issue of being genderless, the other pairings are pretty much:

But then again, that is CLAMP, and they're known for that sort of thing... as well as having a character lose an eye. xD

Tsubasa Chronicle is representative of, as I've seen or read somewhere else, the whole "soul mates" theme that occurs in just about each CLAMP series. Where you see one, you see the other somehow. At least, that's how I see it.
Mar 19, 2009 10:26 AM

Feb 2009
Well yeah at the second pair you mentioned I reread the story for I guess two or three times to make sure I understand perfectly what has happened!O.o It was quite a shock for me however I'm not sure if I can call it love there...
Cause for the first pair you mentioned I would say that yes they were a pair even if it was shocking!:)

And what is losing an eye for them? Losing your life is rather appropriate!XD
But again I liked in Tsubasa Chronile (though I still haven't finished, I just watched the first seson) that there were no eye losses so far...however there were deaths...hmmm...either way it was not the death of the protagonists. XD
Apr 22, 2009 5:39 PM

Jun 2008
i love the artwork. CLAMP is one of my absolute favorites. i love their whole idea of the "person who means the most to them."

i mean you can't get any better than soul mates.

and i find i don't like people who cannot tolerate all types of relationships.
Apr 26, 2009 11:05 AM

Aug 2007
Suzuhana said:
i love the artwork. CLAMP is one of my absolute favorites. i love their whole idea of the "person who means the most to them."

i mean you can't get any better than soul mates.

Well said, especially with the idea that you'd stated. The first CLAMP series that I'd finished fully--Tokyo Babylon--made it clear that in all of their works, love is love, regardless of gender.
Apr 26, 2009 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
Suzuhana said:

Hmm I didn't say I can't tolerate. If I wouldn't be able I would just drop this manga halfway through. But it's always shocking for me to see other types of realtionships.
If they truly love each other then I just don't care. After all one of my favourite manga is Angel Sanctuary and that also has a special kind of relationship but their love is also undeniable!
Apr 28, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2007
Finarien said:
Suzuhana said:

Hmm I didn't say I can't tolerate. If I wouldn't be able I would just drop this manga halfway through. But it's always shocking for me to see other types of realtionships.
If they truly love each other then I just don't care. After all one of my favourite manga is Angel Sanctuary and that also has a special kind of relationship but their love is also undeniable!

I think because you had posted this:
Finarien said:
)

is the reason why Suzuhana said what she did. It even gave me that impression, though. Just be careful on how you say things, okay?
Apr 28, 2009 4:48 PM

Feb 2009
Hehe I din't mean it that seriously. I was joking or something like that...^^""
Sorry sometimes I have a hard time expressing my thoughts in another language. There are times when the reault is just not the one I wanted it to be.
My bad!^^""
Dec 10, 2009 7:01 PM
Sep 2009
Waaaaaay back I got an issue of Anime Insider for Christmas, and (as fate would have it) it contained a special about the group CLAMP. There was a list of all their original works, complete with reviews and ratings. At the time I had no idea who they were, and simply read it for the sake of reading it.

Their first manga series I read was X/1999, and after that fell in love with them and their art. Then when I was at the library one day, i found volumes 1 and 2 of RG Veda and couldn't resist. I read them and then went and bought the rest of the series. It was AMAZING! There are so many awesome characters, that I can't pick one favorite! And the art.... FRIGGIN AWESOME! And the art just got better as the series progressed! The same with the story. It starts out completely confusing, but then gradually becomes clearer and clearer until the final volume when EVERYTHING is explained in detail.

Though for some strange reason, the rating given to RG Veda in that issue of Anime Insider was only 3 out of 5. Personally I think it deserves 10 OUT OF 5! RG VEDA'S AWESOMENESS CANNOT BE RATED BY AVEREAGE STANDARDS!!!!
Oct 26, 2010 5:02 AM

Jan 2010
I read my sisters Tsubasa mangas and somehow foung RG Veda trough there. xD
Dec 25, 2010 8:20 AM
Apr 2010
RG Veda was my first manga which I ever read, I bought in England when I was 17 years old and it was amazing (Clamp is the best). I really didnt know that Ashura is a boy that time, I was a little disapointed when I realised it :D :D
Na Slovensku je stále málo manga/ anime šialených ľudí, treba to zmeniť deti ...........Zama!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Character Discussion Series: The Six Stars

AzureKitsune - Jul 13, 2009

1 by Shiroth »»
Jul 28, 2009 12:52 PM

» Character Discussion Series

AzureKitsune - May 29, 2009

0 by AzureKitsune »»
May 29, 2009 8:09 AM

» Favorites

AzureKitsune - Mar 23, 2009

2 by AzureKitsune »»
Mar 31, 2009 6:35 PM

Sticky: » Link List

AzureKitsune - Mar 12, 2009

0 by AzureKitsune »»
Mar 12, 2009 8:36 AM

Poll: » The status of RG Veda in the CLAMP fandom

AzureKitsune - Feb 3, 2009

0 by AzureKitsune »»
Feb 3, 2009 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.