Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2008 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
I was thinking to myself, that if the Tamura ends up being animated, how would it turn out. In that chain of thought I realized that, depending on the studio that makes it, an adaptation could have many potential styles. So here are my thoughts on 5 potential studios

Assume 12-13 episode series

JC Staff - This producer is the most likely considering that they're currently airing Toradora, Takemiya-sensei's current manga. In the adaptation JC Staff would probably try to bring out the comedy more. Not to mention, they'd probably add one or two filler episodes. Lastly, they wouldn't be afraid to diverge from the source material. Predicted MAL Rating: 7.65-8.05

SHAFT - Call me odd, but I can definitely see Tamura being adapted and produced by the ef team. Note that this means that Shin Onuma would be the director, not Akiyuki Shinbo. The show would take a more artistic turn with plenty of symbology. Also expect a lower animation budget, not a lot of character motions besides mouth and head. As for the content, the original material would probably be left intact, though SHAFT might modify a few things to add more drama. The pacing will be a little slow, and it will be rather polarizing. Either people'd love it or hate it... but those who do love it, won't stop talking about it. Predicted MAL Rating: 8.05-8.50

GONZO - Complete and utter skewering of the source material. Will try to randomly implement CGI. And of course, gravity defying breasts for Souma. Predicted MAL Rating: 6.50 - 7.35

Brains Base - A LOT of concentration on the backgrounds and smooth solid coloring. Expect a lot of browns and golds. They will probably make a rather effective adaptation that appeal to the largest audience, while on the whole, won't have anything that makes it outstanding. Predicted MAL Rating: 7.85-8.15

Kyoto Animation - HA I wish... Predicted MAL Rating: 8.50-9.00
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drama CD Voice Sample

mflatischler - Aug 2, 2008

8 by allenallenallen »»
Jun 21, 2011 4:22 PM

Poll: » if animated...

mflatischler - Aug 28, 2008

9 by lowwand »»
Sep 15, 2010 10:43 PM

» Favorite moments

Raidanzoup - Feb 11, 2009

0 by Raidanzoup »»
Feb 11, 2009 2:07 PM

» ch 10

Taiga_Ryuji - Aug 18, 2008

1 by nendoroidwaifu »»
Oct 4, 2008 6:08 AM

Sticky: » Info and Stuff

mflatischler - Jul 30, 2008

2 by mflatischler »»
Aug 16, 2008 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.