Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2007 12:04 AM

Feb 2007
The Moetron blog has an entry about the OVA that came with the special edition 4th volume of the manga. There are screencaps and a music video. Listen carefully to some of the English lyrics in that video (the English parts are subtitled sort of).

It seems they were a bit blatant with the fanservice for this. I suppose their excuse for showing so much of Rin and Kuro is because they aren't "well-developed." I guess it's because it's a DVD-only release. Of course, I doubt the TV show will be this revealing.

The OP seemed to have a certain bear at the end...
AsrialysSep 15, 2007 10:33 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 12, 2007 6:11 AM
Aug 2007
Yeah I thought the OVA was really good, certainly much more fanservice than I'd expect from a tv version, although Moetan does quite well in that respect..

Maybe they'll do something like what Negima!? did - OVAs for fanservice and the series for the content without fanservice (although that would be difficult for Kojika, let's face it). ¯\(°_o)/¯

The voic eactors ended up working pretty well, though I still don't totally buy
Eri Kitamura as Rin - can't get the fact that she's Saya out of my head. Funny shift in career going from an IG-anime lead character to loli temptress.

I just hope the tv series is as faithful to the manga as it can be, as the manga is strangely able to juggle fanservice and some pretty dark emotional themes.

How should we go about adding the OVA to MAL? anidb has listed the episode as an OVA component of the tv series, but if we consider it as such here, we can't say we've seen an episode until the show has started airing..
Sep 12, 2007 6:58 PM

Feb 2007
lol Well, just because we've already seen it doesn't mean we have to add it to our list and show everyone. However, I just found out that members can request to add anime without going to the threat about editing the database. I suppose someone can make the MAL entry...
Sep 12, 2007 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
Asrialys said:
we have to add it to our list and show everyone.

And showing everyone you watch an anime that takes the lolicon fanservice too far is a good thing?

*runs before the SOL brigade comes*

Sep 12, 2007 8:34 PM

Oct 2006
OmegaJudgement said:
And showing everyone you watch an anime that takes the lolicon fanservice too far is a good thing?

*runs before the SOL brigade comes*

Jesus christ... just don't fucking start, eh? Seriously, this thread is obviously about Kodomo no Jikan - if you haven't or don't intend to watch the item in question, you have no reason to post. What purpose could trying to spur yet another debate possibly serve? Take the juvenile behavior somewhere else, please.

ANYWAY, I haven't watched the OVA yet, but I plan to if I see it come across as a torrent. And there's no reason not to add it to the database, is there?
Sep 13, 2007 5:39 AM
Aug 2007
>>And showing everyone you watch an anime that takes the lolicon fanservice too far is a good thing?

But it IS a good thing. :p
Sep 13, 2007 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
I've seen the OVA. Now I GOTTA watch the anime.
Sep 16, 2007 2:53 PM

Mar 2005
*moves to Kojika OVA board*
Sep 17, 2007 5:44 AM

Jul 2007
I wasn't expecting to like this at all but found it to be hilarious. I can see why it was so controversial. However, to me it was just so damn funny and the girls are very cute. I want Rin's hair.

Personally, if you don't like the show please don't come in here with your judgmental attitude. Seriously, who are you (general you) to tell anyone that their taste in damn ANIMATION is omfg so wrong? Stop turning everything into a moral outrage please. Go crusade against REAL little children being abused and raped, not an ANIMATED girl in a comedy show who wants to have sex with her teacher.

When did the anime start again?
Sep 17, 2007 5:54 AM

Mar 2005
the anime starts next month :)

um, there's like two threads for this single OVA, so please direct all future posts to the actual discussion thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4968

*locks*
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan OVA Episode 3 Discussion

ShadowGilgamesh - Jan 21, 2011

48 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan OVA Episode 2 Discussion

another_anon - Jul 16, 2009

23 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan OVA Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 16, 2007

34 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 4:36 PM

» Avi of episode released.

Kokujin-kun - Jan 26, 2009

5 by Liddo-kun »»
Aug 22, 2009 6:17 AM

» Kodomo no Jikan OVA - July 11th!

Nozila - Jun 26, 2008

1 by Nozila »»
Jun 26, 2008 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.