Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2012 10:15 PM
Nov 2010
so how do you guys feel about people like Gucci, Waka, 2chainz, and producers like Lex Luger, Drumma Boy, etc?

personally i love listening to it in the car and whenever i need to get hyped up. it may not be very thought provoking music but damn does it bump.

anyways what are your thoughts on it?

example of music:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2012 3:07 PM

Feb 2011
Definitely agree with said above.
Like honestly I love Nas but you cannot play "The World Is Yours" at 8 P.M. at a party & expect me to get hype as shit.
I still can't do Gucci though just because he had the nerve to do lyrics like "Killed the pussy, killed the bitch, turned her into a weirdo."
& I can't even do Future because niggas had the nerve to rate his album like it was the new messiah of hip-hop albums, he's almost Based God but he actually isn't trying to troll people, he's just that damn tarded.
Aug 21, 2012 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
Gotta be honest, I find that ridiculous. How can you even support this shit, this is exactly why real hip hop is underground. People have no talent whatsoever.
I do agree with the party thing though, it`s kinda hard. It does help with good speakers though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQphrA27H2I
That`s a banger though, what a chill fucking tune. There is a lot of songs you can put on a party, just need to look hard. Maybe some Vinnie Paz/Outerspace/AOTP/JMT/Snowgoons or something. Usually have tight beats, way better than that shit like waka
Aug 21, 2012 2:28 AM
Nov 2010
@n00b you dropped this man:

vinnie paz, outerspace, aotp? at a party? hell no. when was the last time you've been to a party where a girl request you play some jmt, vinnie, or any babygrande artists? i'll wait. no one wants to listen to deep lyrics at a party. they just want mindless beats filled with 808 drums that they can dance to. also the song you posted would be more for something like a kickback where people are just relaxing and drinking.

also this whole "real hip hop is underground" is garbage. just because you don't like waka, gucci, or other artist does not make their music not "real hip-hop." hip-hop is just a word to describe music that involves rhyming over a beat. it's as simple as that.

/rant
Aug 21, 2012 9:53 AM

Oct 2008
what about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S1ns70mjW0

As for the party thing, it depends. I had luck several times putting on music from one of them because people enjoyed it. Guess it kinda depends on where you live and the people you are with.

And no, what the hell are you talking about? How can that stuff seriously be considered hip hop? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sl5UDeFh44
Ridiculous. You are entitled to like whatever you find enjoyable, but never put that shit in the same category, it simply doesn`t belong. There is a big line between what hip hop is and what lil wayne is. If you don`t see the difference, I really wonder why you even like that kind of music........
Aug 21, 2012 12:34 PM
Nov 2010
@n00b still no. maybe it would've rocked in a party back in '09. music has changed a lot since then in terms of beats.

i'm talking about in a club setting. no one will appreciate deep music in a club.

you're applying your own biased when talking about hip-hop. which is what most so called "hip-hop heads" do. nowadays the scene is just full of elitist who think they are better than everyone because they listen to "real" shit. which i think is a stage anyone who gets in to hip-hop goes through (i know i did for a while) but just because you consider it to be shit does not make it any less "real" than the type of hip-hop you listen too. what you need to remember is music is subjective.

also have you ever listened to dedication 2 or da drought 3 by lil wayne? he has the same subject matter as other artist who are "underground." this is of course at a time when he was just starting to get big and not so much pressured by his label to release music.
nowadays though i will agree with you that he does make nothing but shit music (most likely due to not drinking sizzurp anymore, kinda how eminem got extremely wack now that he's clean) but it's still hip-hop.
Aug 21, 2012 2:10 PM

Oct 2008
Alright, still I feel that shit would bump in a club, but it depends on where you are.

Of course I am biased because I know about a lot of hip hop, that`s exactly why I come across as an elitist. Doesn`t change the fact that some of the stuff is just far away from what hip hop really is. Either way, I don`t think we will come to an agreement on anything, and I don`t wanna hijack this thread.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» General Discussion

BinaryStar - Feb 3, 2015

0 by BinaryStar »»
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 PM

» Fav. Producers?

chocolaetmaelk - Nov 19, 2012

5 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 AM

» Who's your favorite rapper?

FiendishJZA - Aug 25, 2012

7 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:27 AM

» GeminiEye's video thread

GeminiEye - Jan 13, 2013

4 by GeminiEye »»
Feb 28, 2013 1:59 AM

» The 2012 List

Counterpart - Oct 26, 2012

7 by FiendishJZA »»
Dec 14, 2012 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.