Forum Settings
Forums

KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: How to crack some egg (great for beginner cooking)

New
Mar 16, 2012 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
You know, watching some random things about the most easiest things can impress you.. I think recently I watched that Yahoo.com chef dude that they have fry an over-easy egg, made it look like nothing. Thing was, I was mildly in awe... "Holy crap, have I been doing it wrong?" I would ask myself a little. Hell, everyone makes some errors sometimes, right?

Over-Easy egg...

Tools:
a type of frying pan
a type of oil or spray
a type of spatula
a type of egg. I prefer mine to be from a chicken.

***CRACKING AN EGG***
So all my life I cracked my eggs either on a corner of the counter or on the edge of a pan. APPERENTLY that makes it harder to keep the yolk intact. INSTEAD, crack your egg on the flat surface of the counter. It guarantees that the egg opens up more straight and precise, keeping your yolk out of the way of the egg shell edge as you drop it in a bowl or pan. Anyway, now is a good a time than any to season it with the old S&P...

***FRYING AN EGG***
I'm no rocket surgeon, but I thought you needed heat to cook an egg. Truth is, whatever kind of egg your aiming for the heat varies. Over-easy eggs require only medium heat, scrambled can be med-high, poaching needs to be simmering to under boiling... Anyway, over easy eggs will easily glide against the surface of your oiled pan.

***FLIPPING AN EGG***
Again, everything has a different technique. Scrambled eggs are all over the place so just flake around with a fork until just done. Sunny-side up can just be cooked over on one side while you baste the unturned side with the pan's hot oil. This uses some degree of difficulty as you have to kinda flip with the pan and turner combined. As you glide the egg into your turner, just a quick gentle flip to the other side is all it takes. Careful not to break the yolk.

***SERVING AN EGG***
Well, what do you have to put it on? Either an awaiting plate, a toasted bagel, or even some toast. Pick something. Goes for any other egg too.

Ahh.. just try it out for yourself. You may be suprised yourself.... It's always a nice beginner thing, you know?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.