Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
hum, the story is interesting so far
Oct 19, 2019 9:00 PM
Feb 2010
Chapter 2:
More ramblings:

Good points:
The fight was ok I guess...

Ymmv Points:
- This scene where Seiya needs to disassemble and wear his cloth manually… Just too early to be played as a deconstruction?
- Maybe everything with the masks. Shaina, Marin and the Pope appear like this since the first chapter, turn misplaced as soon you learn the setting is supposed to be the eighties Greece, and just find their way with the story as all the sanctuary is supposed to be a secret organization with their own set of rules so anything goes... As loose as it sounds the Greek have a story with masked plays so maybe that's it...
- At first I thought that it was cause Kurumada is bad at drawing girls faces but then Shaina's mask broke and you see that this isn't really the case, but then you note that there are lots of instances where people are drawn with closed eyes... the amount of mooks with helmets conveniently covering their eyes particularly comes to mind... Ok, suddenly the masks with empty orbes make a lot of sense... Good that he found some lore to justify it later... Even if I find it a weak lore it makes a lot of sense with some interpretations I have of Athena's character...

Bad Points:
- The Grand Priest/Pope preaching to Seiya about the sanctity of the Cloth, and how it can only be used for the sake of the mankind, as he treats to send people after him if he doesn’t complain. And in the very next scene his teacher (Marin) just tells him it’s ok to disregard said warning…
Aug 2, 2022 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Right away, the fight between Seiya and Shaina was a lot better than how it was animated. I remember Shaina's Thunder Claw being overly dramatized when proclaimed. Of course, I did watch the English version. But even then, the animation for the attack was kind of stiff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 1 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 26, 2012

5 by AndersonMSz »»
Dec 26, 2022 11:07 AM

» Where to read the original chapters?

Henriqueta - Sep 11, 2022

2 by Henriqueta »»
Sep 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 110 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 26, 2017

6 by hypermegakakar »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:34 PM

» Saint Seiya Manga Ending Question (Spoilers)

removed-user - Aug 11, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 98 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.