Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2011 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
It was coming: A recipe consisting of ramen! Why forsake my namesake this long? Eh, who knows. Anyway, I just prepared this for dinner tonight, and even though it needed some tweaking, I got it tasting pretty good. This is how it went...

"Fried Ramen"

1 packet ramen noodles (without seasoning)
mixed vegetables (chose tonight: peas, carrots, corn, onion, green beans)
1 tsp hondashi (dried fish stock)
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp soy sauce

*for garnish
Sesame seeds
Green onion
Lemon

In one pot, boil the ramen noodles as directions follows (3 minutes!) Drain, leaving 1/4 cup of water. Strain noodles and set aside.

Mix the hondashi in the water left over and set aside.

In a pan, heat a little cooking oil and saute your vegetables. Before vegetables are fully cooked, add the noodles and toss in pan. Then add the hondashi mix, mirin, and soy sauce. Toss in pan until the liquid is incorporated into the noodles.

Plate your food, garnishing by sprinkling sesame seeds on top, a little green onion on the top of the middle, and/or a lemon wedge on the side.

NOTES

This recipe is pretty basic, meaning you can do alot of your own modifications.

If you choose to use the seasoning instead, add that instead of the hondashi stock and don't use the soy sauce. The seasoning already has lots of salt and is where most of the sodium comes from, so the excess seasoning from the soy sauce isn't needed.

This can also be served with either beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, or tempura of anything. Saute your meat or seafood to almost cooked before sauteing the veggies and noodles.

If you have a sushi-style prepared shrimp, it looks good with it as tempura on top.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.