Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okaay the opening and the ending scenes were pointless on my POV, they both got a loving family and kids, so what? Ah whatever...

And here I thought the Apollo-Norm was unique, turns out there were two other leviathan submersible ships of that class. ♥_♥

Having seen Irresponsible Captain Tylor, the head-on-collision run, though it was mere minutes in duration, was somehow titled "The Longest Day Under the Sea" on my mind. LOL Anyway I was surprised that both of their hulls were not totally compromised even though they've grazed and scraped each other's hulls at such speed.

Oh come on, that was it? There's more story to tell and lots of unresolved questions.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 8, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
loli fanservice discovered!
May 10, 2013 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
Produces: "Gentlemen, we have made a really boring show this time. We have to brighten this with something... Ok, let's throw some loli action".
Feb 23, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2012
This OVA is a decent bit of submarine warfare action with some good 3D and nice action but the whole thing is rushed, characters and plots under developed and anything involving the 707's Captain Hayami's family down right awkward. Could have been better
Sep 18, 2016 4:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second y last ova, with a beatiful submarines battle between the 707 and th UX. Strategy and lucky. The worst, is that i want more...7/10.
Dec 21, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending to this two episode ova I must say! Quite liked the general development of everything.

Quite a nice watch!
Feb 22, 2021 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
How the hell is his wife such a banger? This makes me angrier than seeing those fat bastards in hentai. As for Ayumi...well let's just say that the misplaced loli service treats Hayami's daughter more kindly than a Google search of her name.

Man, it's been years since I watched an anime that I felt indifference & apathy for. It had some decent action scenes, but most of it was just dead air with panning shots of submarines. Even adding in a bit more dialogue, flashbacks or lolis would have been a marked improvement.

5/10, at least it wasn't a total sinker.
Nov 28, 2021 8:53 AM
Dec 2010
cute & lewd loli daughter
Jan 9, 2022 1:20 PM

Nov 2015
So we have a submarine, acting like a spaceship, being steered like a jetfighter, with dockable fighter-like bathyscaphes, commanded by guys with a sixth sense, who know the other guy is still alive because "rivals".

The effect of the torpedo is too exaggerated. If it is so powerful, why not hit the enemy ship directly.

Yeah, no thanks. I mean, I wasn't expecting Das Boot, but SOME realism would be nice.
Also who the hell let those middle-schoolers get on board of a military submarine?

💢

May 19, 2022 9:33 PM

Sep 2020
Overall, decent ova. I have no experience with the source material so I really only liked the submarine action. Everything else seemed pointless: the kid's mini-subs, the bad guys family, the AI brains. And, of course, the loli daughter.

Speaking of which, what was up with Hayami's wife dressing so hot at the end? In the first ep she was like the typical reserved housewife then bam, MILF henshin! Even one of the artwork in the disc extras had her in a seductive dress. Was she secretly a hostess or something while her hubby's out to sea?

Anyways, 7/10 for the Hunt for Red UX.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Submarine 707R Episode 1 Discussion

tofei - Aug 10, 2011

4 by Damnits »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:44 PM

» And the anime award goes to...

Ranivus - Sep 5, 2007

4 by tofei »»
Aug 10, 2011 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.