Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2011 6:08 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah a Siberian husky! Cool!!! I know that voice, I heard it somewhere! >_< I'm ashamed and anxious I can't figure out who Gen's VA was. If somebody knows, please PM me later. Thank you in advance.

I've learned my lesson last time, always take Hashibuto's info with a grain of salt. XP

EDIT: This is SOOO OFF-TOPIC.

Oh God I can't believe I obsessed in finding who Gen's VA was since it wasn't credited here in MAL, anidb or ANN. I scoured the ending credits to see and yes they were in friggin' kanji! >_< I don't know any kanji, fer cryin out loud! Still persistence and curiosity got the best of me since I had the web at my disposal. XP

I got a gut feeling that the single kanji entry in one of the character roles was the one. It turns out I was right, it was rendered as "Gen" and I had the matching VA in kanji, 大塚 明夫 on the other side but the 2 kanji OCR programs I downloaded were useless in matching the kanji from the enhanced and enlarged screen cap I used. To make this story short and a day later, I finally got Akio Ootsuka. That's why his voice was so goddamn familiar, I encountered his voice several times in many anime I already watched.

I'll try submitting the corresponding character and VA entries to the DB moderators so that my efforts will not go to waste. XD And my particular anxiety on this is finally laid to rest.
tofeiAug 8, 2011 10:47 PM
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 10, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2016
What? No...I'm totally not crying...you are...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Massugu ni Ikou (2004) Episode 5 Discussion

tofei - Aug 7, 2011

2 by hanakocheeks »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:00 AM

Poll: » Massugu ni Ikou (2004) Episode 2 Discussion

tofei - Aug 7, 2011

2 by hanakocheeks »»
Jun 23, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Massugu ni Ikou (2004) Episode 1 Discussion

tofei - Aug 7, 2011

2 by hanakocheeks »»
Jun 23, 2023 6:16 AM

Poll: » Massugu ni Ikou (2004) Episode 4 Discussion

tofei - Aug 7, 2011

1 by Blondie »»
Aug 10, 2016 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.