Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2010 1:20 AM

Oct 2009
A thread where you can suggest some animes that you'd like to see us watch during our weekly meetings, or just suggest some great animes that you've seen! If your passionate about a certain series then why not tell everyone around you about how great it is!

Disclaimer: Not all anime titles suggested are guaranteed to be viewed in the club as there is only a limited amount of time we have available, and all animes we have currently started have top priority for the time being.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 24, 2010 1:27 AM

Oct 2009
Unashamed first post in own thread!!! =(^-^)=

6 series to watch before you die (in no particular order):

1. Awesome: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Comedy: School Rumble
3. Action: Tenjho Tenge
4. Epic: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
5. Romantic Comedy/Fantasy: Zero no Tsukaima
6. Slice of Life/Music: K-On!
Otherwise-sixOct 25, 2010 9:43 AM
Oct 24, 2010 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
Seen all except Tenge.. but we are watching somewhat so all good.

MY LIST!

1. Kara no Kyoukai
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Clannad
4. School Rumble (AGREED!)
5. Katanagatari

I'll only list 5 because I could go on forever.
I'd only recommend School Rumble to watch in club though.
Oct 25, 2010 7:40 PM

Mar 2009
Tenjho Tenge

was cool until flashback...which ended up comprising 80% of the episodes =/
Oct 25, 2010 8:41 PM

Oct 2009
Rhastaroth said:
Tenjho Tenge

was cool until flashback...which ended up comprising 80% of the episodes =/

Aww... Don't be like that... I'll agree that some of the flashbacks were a bit long and tedious at points (and some repeated themselves a lot) but in the past, you get to see Bunshichi more often! Who doesn't love Bunshichi!?
Oct 26, 2010 1:52 AM

Mar 2009
Looking at both your guys' lists, for anime you both haven't seen I'd recommend:

1. Kino's Journey (Just plain good, should be good discussion-wise as well with episodic feel to it)

2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (NOT girly. Some of the best action sequences I have witnessed. Second season is bomb.)

3. Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba (Anime shorts by same guy that wrote Eve no Jikan. Since they are quick watches and will probably generate lots of discussion, should be good for an anime club)

4. Appleseed (2004) and ex machina movies (ex machina is god-tier animation)
Oct 26, 2010 7:20 AM

Oct 2009
Are the Ex Machina movies related to Appleseed in any way? I've seen Appleseed and Vexille, and if they are even a little bit like either of those fantastic movies then I'm definitely in for showing it to the club!
Oct 26, 2010 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
Hey I watched Mizu no Kotoba!
Only once which tells me nothing really, but you know.
Oct 26, 2010 12:24 PM

Mar 2009
Otherwise-six said:
Are the Ex Machina movies related to Appleseed in any way? I've seen Appleseed and Vexille, and if they are even a little bit like either of those fantastic movies then I'm definitely in for showing it to the club!

Yeah ex machina takes place after the first movie. Our main characters are now soldiers in Olympus, the main plot involving them protecting the city from mysterious foes. I haven't heard of Vexille before, looks pretty cool.
Oct 26, 2010 12:58 PM

Oct 2009
Rhastaroth said:
Otherwise-six said:

Yeah ex machina takes place after the first movie. Our main characters are now soldiers in Olympus, the main plot involving them protecting the city from mysterious foes. I haven't heard of Vexille before, looks pretty cool.

Yes!Yes! We must watch this in club!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for your Favorite!

Otherwise-six - Oct 24, 2010

16 by Rhastaroth »»
Nov 5, 2010 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.