Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2010 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
Chapter I: The poison that kills Beatrice.

It was a small room shaped like a heptagon. Furnished with products of the best quality, silver silk curtains which glittered to the rays of light and comfortable sofas, it looked like a small piece of heaven. You could distinguish a female figure in the depth of the room, fairly looking with balanced proportions, sitting with her legs crossed. Her dull face was only supported by her hand, which in turn was being supported by the arm of the sofa. Her posture designated clear boredom. She had golden hair, eyes in the color of sky and was wearing an elegant dress many would long for.

The woman tilt her head.

‘Ronove.” she called out, apparently to someone lurking nearby.

A sudden swarm of shiny golden butterflies who appeared out of nowhere engulfed the room, seemingly materializing into a young man, no older than thirty, with long brown hair, a mustache and an attire resembling a butler’s.

‘You called, Milady?’ he asked.

‘ Aye. Boredom’s been killing me lately. I believe it’s time I started a new game.
Hopefully I’ll come across something worthwhile this time.’ The witch replied.

‘Shall I set up a game board, then?’

‘Yeah, you do that…’

‘Certainly.’ Said the butler in a willing tone.

Golden butterflies filled the room once again as the man dissolved into thin air.
Ronove wasn’t exactly your typical butler. He had the status of the 27th highest ranked demon among all, and now served the witch in the position of Head Furniture. Even though loyal to his madam, and ‘quite useful’, as she claimed, he was impudent with his language, often forgetting to direct her the required respect when talking to her. Nonetheless, that didn’t seem to annoy the witch – perhaps she even enjoyed it. Regardless, Ronove was a rare piece, talented at many things.

Moments passed and the witch still hadn’t moved an inch. She maintained the same posture all this time while staring blankly at the wall, probably drowning into her own thoughts. It’s been a habit of hers lately, actually. It signed her excessive boredom.
She only returned to reality when Ronove returned to the room.

‘Preparations have finished, Milady. You can go ahead and use the game board now.’
‘You had me waiting long enough’ she pointed out.

‘Ku-ku-ku’ laughed the demon

‘Some unexpected emergency came up so I had to deal with it.’ He continued.

He had probably slacked while getting his freshly baked cookies out of the oven. Yes, Ronove had hobbies like that, and was quite good at them. The witch soon realized and didn’t ask for further explanations; she simply didn’t care. Instead, she returned to normal postured and faced the table in the middle of the glossy room.

The ‘game board’ lied on top of it.

The board itself looked like an empty chessboard. A square gaming top with no pieces laid on – these would be added later. However, they differentiated from the chess ones. They weren’t made of glass or metal, no. Those pieces were made of flesh and bones, they were living humans and the board itself was the world.

The witch had no reason to hold back. Boredom was the only poison killing he, so she was desperate to find an antidote – and she only found that in toying with human lives. After all, she was known as one of the most brutal and merciless witches in the whole universe,

Beatrice, the Endless Witch.

‘Let the game being then.’

*Cackle, cackle, cackle*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 22, 2010 7:04 AM

Jan 2008
While Beatrice was filling the room with echoes of laughter, a new form had appeared and taken a seat on one of the sofas opposite to her. It was a woman – or rather a girl – that look far more young than Beato. Her relatively short green hair extended up to her shoulders, and her matching colored eyes were dazzling. Despite having a small built her chest was way oversized for someone like her. That confirmed the fact that Witches could change their human appearance however they wished.

‘Long time no see, Beatrice.’ She finally spoke.

But her words didn’t seem to reach the Endless Witch, so she tried calling out to her once more.

‘…long time no see, Beatrice.’ This time she said it louder and even smiled.

However, Beatrice would fail to notice her. She was too busy laughing her undignified giggle all over the place. The young witch didn’t wish to be ignored for a third time so she pulled back and ordered some black tea from Ronove, who was standing nearby.

‘Certainly, I’ll get It for you immediately. Would you also like some cup cakes to accompany it?’

‘No, that’d be fine. Thank you Ronove.’

‘Then, I’ll be bringing your tea. Please don’t hesitate to ask me for something else were you to change your mind.’ The butler said in complete honesty.

‘I won’t.’

By the time those two have finished their conversation, Beatrice had stopped her creepy laugh and was waiting for her chance to speak to the girl.

‘You said something? Sorry, I didn’t hear you. Was too busy doing something else – aha ha ha ha ha’ and she kept on laughing.

‘You look more energetic than ever, Beatrice. Did you get a boyfriend or something?’

The girl now joined Beato into giggling.

‘No, nothing of the sort, unfortunately – or should I say fortunately?’ She replied.

The two witches that looked as if they knew each other for a long time kept on joking around until Ronove made his comeback with their tea. He slowly poured their tea cups to full – English standards, as he used to say – and asked them again if they needed anything else. With that, he left the room once again so the witches could start their game.

‘Even an Endless Witch like myself needs a minute (or two) off to enjoy some good laugh. I have a whole eternity in front of me after all, I need to find some way to keep myself from getting bored, right?’

To her, gaming and joking with other witches was the only source of energy she could get. She was truly in need of other beings to keep her needs satisfied.

‘So, Lady Cecilia’ Beatrice kept on saying,

‘Seems like the roulette has selected you as my opponent today. Hopefully you’ll keep me entertained. How do you feel? Are your bones trembling yet? Are you forcing yourself to remain calm?’

As Beatrice announced, her opponent was a witch called Cecilia. She was an experienced witch who has probably been around for far more time than Beatrice herself had, so her young appearance was often misleading towards novices. Beato, however, was no novice. She knew exactly how immense her powers measured, but she was far away from fearing her.

‘I should probably be asking the same thing to you, dear Beatrice. You seem to be forgetting who you’re talking to, after all.’ She replied in a calm tone.

‘Rest assured, I have not. Now, shall we begin?’

‘Let’s not wait any longer.’
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How to reach the channel.

neeTHREE - Jul 22, 2010

0 by neeTHREE »»
Jul 22, 2010 3:55 AM

» READ: Umineko RP How-to

neeTHREE - Jul 21, 2010

3 by neeTHREE »»
Jul 22, 2010 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.