Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2010 7:18 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, so there is this computer at my house that has a very bad virus... It is called virtumonde. My family doesn't know how that virus got into the computer... So I was just wondering if anyone can help me find a cure for this virus! Please help!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 4, 2010 8:13 PM
Jun 2008
okay follow these instructions, i advise you to write them down.

Virtumonde is adware.
since i know your infection is pretty serious.

step 0: download ComboFix

step 1: download these:
-One: Vundofix
-Two: Trojan
-Three: VirtumondoBeGone

step 2:
Get Offline - pull the cable network, turn off wireless card, turn off your modem. It's very important.

step 3:
Make recovery system point.
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.

step 4:
Restart computer and run Windows in Safe Mode - before you see Windows logo start tapping F8 and choose Safe Mode.

step 5:
Your antivirus and anti-adware programs can show warning - better is to turn off that program before next steps

step 6:
At the beginning - run labeled "One: VundoFix"
Run the application. Click on the Scan for Vundo. Scanning will begin, which can take a long time, depending on how many files are on your computer. In the white box will display the names of infected files. After the scan is complete click Remove Vundo, removal will begin. Confirm by clicking Yes. The application should ask for permission to restart your computer - click Yes. In the C: VundoFixBackups there is a report from the scanning and deleting infected files. When restarting, run Windows in Safe Mode.

step 7:
Secondly Trojan. run: "Two"
Vundo Removal Tool, Symantec. Click Start, and then follow according to the instructions. It should be noted that this application can deal only with older mutations Vundo (Virtumonde).

step 8:
Run VirtumondoBeGone. Click Continue and wait for the report

step 9:
Run ComboFix. Extract the application files will begin. Then, in the two windows that appear click Yes, and start scanning and removal of any Vundo (Virtumonde) infection. During this operation, you are not allowed to move the mouse or perform other actions. After the scan is complete, program will show a text file - a report from the program's action.

step 10: Restart computer and run Windows normally.

step 11: scan to double check your computer with your adware,spyware or virus protection software.

step 12: if not solved ask me for more instruction.
Siberian_ShuJul 4, 2010 8:26 PM
Jul 4, 2010 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
Yay! >u< Thank you sooooooo much!!!!! *hugs* I should try this tomorrow!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Admin Recruitment

Siberian_Shu - Jun 30, 2010

3 by mrichman45 »»
Feb 24, 2013 9:33 PM

Poll: » Smart Phones

portokite - May 23, 2012

0 by portokite »»
May 23, 2012 11:39 PM

Poll: » Curiousity Poll: Favorite Browser

Kyonzi - Jul 2, 2010

3 by Neko_Nozomi-Chan »»
Jun 25, 2011 3:29 PM

» BBCode for Mixpod!

delete_inactive - Jul 25, 2010

0 by delete_inactive »»
Jul 25, 2010 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.