Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Air Gear
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 7, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Not a fan of the ending, too rushed.

Music was excellent however
Jul 16, 2014 10:43 PM
Sep 2010
all I can say is I still have hope for another season to be made.
Sep 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2011
It's over.

Fuck.

Fun anime all in all, the ending was a bit of a let down through. I probably won't read the manga, but will watch the OVAs at least.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 9, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
I saw a glimpse of this years ago and finally decided to watch the whole thing.

5/10 for me. I liked the concept, but the anime tries to take itself way too seriously at times which ruins the mood of the fighting and comedy scenes.

Simca was cool in the beginning, but quickly got annoying towards the end. After 25 episodes I feel like I've only gotten to know Ringo. Every other side character was ultimately useless.

I'll check out the manga in hopes of amore fleshed out story and characters.
Nov 24, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
"Fuck!"
Honestly this series was amazing, but some of the characters and not to be sexist but mostly women characters were written like shit.

I loved the series, but that ending kind of pissed me the fuck off.
Nov 24, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2014
"Fuck!"

Honestly amazing series, but some characters and not to be sexist, mostly women characters were written with a slight mix of bitch/annoying.

I loved the series but what type of fucking ending what that?

ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE 60 POUND CHEST?
Sep 9, 2015 2:11 PM
Sep 2013
Fuck !

Damn, I just finished the serie and I loved it, such a amazing serie.

Special mention for the ost, honestly, just the perfection.

Fuck, there is no a second season currently however it's time to watch the oav and pray for a second season.
Dec 25, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2013
What the hell, that was one of the worst endings I've ever seen hahaha! I should remember never watching anything made by Toei ever again, it always turns out to be shit in the end. It gets 2 points because of best girl Ryo. 2/10
Aug 23, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
Very terrible ending, very interesting concepts though. Had some really weak writing at certain times but entertaining nonetheless.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 12, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2015
The story had no point but it was funny and Ikki made me laugh all the time. My favourite character was the split personality Agito/akito he was the coolest in the show.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 6, 2017 8:40 AM
Aug 2014
So the final battle wasn't even between teams and Ikki gets as many tries as he wants. What the hell.
May 5, 2017 3:09 PM

Jan 2017
He built up lots of friends who trust him in the end. The crow finally flew. I really hate this ending and the ova skips way far into the plot. Guess I will have to find the manga
May 11, 2017 8:54 PM

Apr 2016
well that was far from perfect but not gonna lie, it was pretty damn cool. It kinda reminds me of sonic riders, one of my favorite game ever and that's why i think i enjoyed this anime a lot.

there was a lot of little things that i didn't liked but the thing that bothered me the most was the ending. it ended so suddenly and they didn't even had the time to celebrate. they could have showed that in the credits instead of a simple black screen but no... >.<

I give this anime a 6.5/10 (mostly for the enjoyment)
now time to read the manga!!
Sup
May 15, 2017 10:00 PM

Jul 2015
What I'd do to have more. We see a glimpse of the future and then the show stops
Jun 13, 2017 8:07 PM

May 2015
Awesome series! Really liked it, especially the soundtrack! Bummed about the sudden ending though. Guess I'll have to read the manga then.
Jul 17, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
That ending. I don't even have words for how I feel. It's somewhere between disappointment, anger, and surprise.

Considering it's been 10 years now I don't think we'll be getting a sequel.
Mar 4, 2018 3:21 AM

Jan 2013
If anime got more boring pls remake this anime and a complete one Q.Q
Nov 22, 2019 11:34 AM

Sep 2019
I hated the anime air gear and here is why:

Story: 3/10, personally I liked the concept and that is the reason I set my mind to watch it in the first place. It's pretty decent and easy to get. And like other spots anime it's makes you hipped well not in my cast). Well there are some points I wanna highlight like when that megane girl spoke how did ikki learn such tricky moves and uses the law of Physics to use those moves up against his opponents even tho he's a illiterate really makes my ask the same question how? Maybe this'll be a secret forever.

Animation: 4/10, well I don't wanna complain about the animations but it wasn't good enough to catch my application.

Character: 2/10 the character development is rubbish. It's like they didn't give time to other characters besides ikki. Like the three sisters, simca, his friend blond dude). So it's feels quite empty.

Soundtrack: 5/10 it was decent.

Overall 3/10 I didn't enjoyed it at all and it still makes me angry to a certain degree where my inner self tells me to burn this shit with the author.
Sep 22, 2020 9:50 AM
Sep 2020
I get it can feel a bit eye-rolling to have brought everyone back to lie down for Ikki's jump but it does try to make you appreciate the journey a little bit. The flashback of Ikki jumping off the tower doesn't really make sense as they showed Rika seeing Ikki getting swooped up by the bird from jumping off the rock with the horn from an earlier episode. The whole vest thing I have to assume it's a manga thing where he takes it off (I haven't read it yet).

The music was damn good for this final episode as they either remixed them a bit or they put sections of the soundtrack they didn't use for any other episode which was a good move.

And about that ending, it's not very fulfilling but I found it somewhat memorable and wanting more for better or for worse. It's a sudden ending that leaves everyone hanging but it really sticks with you as the music cuts out when Ikki lands, you hear Ringo and Ikki's exchange, and then dead silence as the show cuts to credits. This episode was nothing but chills down my spine and its still a very enjoyable show rewatching years later despite itself.
Dec 10, 2020 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
There are still 3 OVA episodes, but basically a go read the manga ending.

It was a fun ride and I liked the series overall, even tho it started slow and without a proper hook.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2021 5:28 AM
Mar 2018
The series was dumb fun, especially watching the dub

9/10
May 17, 2021 9:34 PM
Feb 2021
This series I actually enjoyed it I just finished watching and I gotta say I ship ringoxikki and also I try to look up for a season 2 but I found out it never got one due to low ratings and ran out of money I think it kinda sad knowing that it been like 15 years and this anime hasn’t gotten a s2 which it’s kinda shocking Bc of how gud it is I know that I’m not going to read manga but still I’m going to miss this anime a lot damm it but neither ways I’m going to watch this 3 ovas hopefully the turn out to be gud
Sep 4, 2021 7:05 PM

Mar 2021
Air Gear was a fun watch, it's just a shame it had to end where it did. It didn't even feel like a final episode. It was a good episode, but it just didn't wrap anything up, like at all. It definitely needed another series. A really fun show though, with fun and interesting characters. It's definitely worth the watch, and the soundtrack was one of the best in any anime.

Air Gear get's a solid 7/10 from me.
Feb 25, 2022 9:00 AM
Dec 2021
good anime! I liked this. Greninja.
Jul 5, 2023 10:06 AM
Feb 2022
Te quiero mucho Ringo. Gran ultimo salto, aunque pierde el factor increíble después de tantos intentos. Una serie con altos y bajos, pero está bien.
Oct 20, 2023 5:41 AM
Oct 2023
wish there was a season 2 i really loved it that last episode brought tears to my eyes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 2 Discussion

Kira01 - Jun 7, 2009

22 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 7, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 1 Discussion

Kira01 - Feb 7, 2009

25 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 28, 7:05 AM

» Help: Air Gear filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Mar 10

3 by Oishi_Samurai »»
Mar 11, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 10 Discussion

ChronosXIII - Oct 15, 2009

17 by Dragosama »»
Feb 29, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 22 Discussion

yolomojo - Nov 4, 2009

13 by ELuck42 »»
Nov 26, 2023 9:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.