Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 16, 1:52 PM
Feb 2022
I have not seen anyone address this scene. I mean Alexia straight up tried to murder an innocent guy who just rejected her advances. From her point of view Cid is not Shadow or really powerful guy just a weak loser. Despite that she still tries to kill him !!!. Wow. And this is supposed to be for laughs.

This bitch is straight up evil and needs to be locked away in a mental asylum.

This is not a Bait post this is something i found to be really disturbing. And this character down the series is supposed to be a major character and we are supposed to root for her development. I mean this jealous bitch could easily repeat this behavior in the future against any other person who just ticks her the wrong way.

She did not even apologize to Cid after fatally injuring him. Nor did she show any curiosity about how he is totally healed from that attempted murder attack. I mean in her point of view she just basically murdered him and ran away. And could have used her royalty status to cover up the attack.

Now some people will say that i hate her. So no I do not hate her and want to like her character and her growth but this the part that makes me dislike her character.

I never hated her character before this action of hers.

And her rejection by Cid was brutal in the light novel. First one middle finger, then double middle finger. Well, Seeing her immediate reaction to that I think she deserved that from Cid.
Jatin587Oct 16, 2:17 PM
Oct 16, 2:01 PM

Jan 2021
Logically, you make sense, but this scene was funny, so I don't care.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 16, 2:02 PM
Aug 2021
Bro never Heard about comedy and gags, It isnt meant to be serious😭 its there to make the whole scene funnier, in the anime there are a lot of scenes that for a pov doesnt make sense
Oct 16, 2:12 PM
Feb 2022
SuntProstMare said:
Bro never Heard about comedy and gags, It isnt meant to be serious😭 its there to make the whole scene funnier, in the anime there are a lot of scenes that for a pov doesnt make sense

A murder is not supposed to be a gag. This just reflect on Alexia's horrible personality
They could have used anything else as a gag. Maybe have Alexia break Cid's arm. Anything else other than staright up murder. This is what i was saying in my post that the fans seem to be unconcerned by this highly disturbing action of hers.
Oct 16, 2:23 PM
Nov 2022
Nah this was funny asf. The joke just didn’t land for you.
Oct 16, 2:27 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
Good thing cid is a beast then
Oct 16, 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
You... may be autistic. Just something to look into.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 16, 2:31 PM
Feb 2022
Kaze1214 said:
Nah this was funny asf. The joke just didn’t land for you.

Well I was surprised. But it was definitely not a joke or a gag.
Oct 16, 2:34 PM
Feb 2022
LostSpectre said:
You... may be autistic. Just something to look into.

Don't worry bro I am mentally sound and healthy. Better give yourself a thorough checkup before commenting on other's state of mind.
Oct 16, 2:43 PM
Feb 2024
you're not supposed to dodge the joke
Oct 16, 4:27 PM
Nov 2018
If it was normal, they would have continued the relationship after the ordeal, or he would have rejected the relationship, and she continued to chase him. The fact she just got upset and killed him was unexpected and funny. I think that's why not one question it.
Oct 16, 7:29 PM
Jan 2024
most isekai anime don't explain it's events very well so just take it as a funny scene and move on
Oct 16, 7:42 PM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
If it was normal, they would have continued the relationship after the ordeal, or he would have rejected the relationship, and she continued to chase him. The fact she just got upset and killed him was unexpected and funny. I think that's why not one question it.

You explained that very well.

It wasn’t that “murder” is funny, as the original poster said, but the completely unexpected response, that surprised and caused laughter.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 16, 8:11 PM
Aug 2021
Jatin587 said:
SuntProstMare said:

A murder is not supposed to be a gag. This just reflect on Alexia's horrible personality
They could have used anything else as a gag. Maybe have Alexia break Cid's arm. Anything else other than staright up murder. This is what i was saying in my post that the fans seem to be unconcerned by this highly disturbing action of hers.

you are funny at parties, 4/10 ragebait bcs i responded😂👍
Oct 16, 8:30 PM
Jun 2023
yeah i also felt that ,,

but this is one of those shows that doesn't follow a any rule , like good or bad,,,I mean this all from mc twisted perspective,,,I just didn't care after that,,,i also felt funny too,, i don't think this was meant to be serious,,,like if she really wanted to kill him ,Cid would have done something to avoid it,, because he is npc afterall ,,he can't show that he survived from that attract,,, so this if kind of like a filler maybe ??
Oct 16, 11:53 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
Moppit said:

You explained that very well.

It wasn’t that “murder” is funny, as the original poster said, but the completely unexpected response, that surprised and caused laughter.
@ejleon it is good anime, it need 8 rating
Oct 17, 12:41 AM
Nov 2018
@Ejleon Especially right after when Cid mentioned how there was a new school wonder. The body less murder.
Oct 17, 1:12 AM
Aug 2021
I Mean...She Probably Hit Him With The Intent Of Not Killing Him
She's Not Evil...She's Just Crazy And I Love Her, My Best Girl
Oct 17, 1:22 AM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
@Ejleon Especially right after when Cid mentioned how there was a new school wonder. The body less murder.

I’m sorry, could you please explain that scene to me, I don’t quite remember it.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 17, 2:21 AM
Apr 2022
Jatin587 said:
I have not seen anyone address this scene. I mean Alexia straight up tried to murder an innocent guy who just rejected her advances. From her point of view Cid is not Shadow or really powerful guy just a weak loser. Despite that she still tries to kill him !!!. Wow. And this is supposed to be for laughs.

This bitch is straight up evil and needs to be locked away in a mental asylum.

This is not a Bait post this is something i found to be really disturbing. And this character down the series is supposed to be a major character and we are supposed to root for her development. I mean this jealous bitch could easily repeat this behavior in the future against any other person who just ticks her the wrong way.

She did not even apologize to Cid after fatally injuring him. Nor did she show any curiosity about how he is totally healed from that attempted murder attack. I mean in her point of view she just basically murdered him and ran away. And could have used her royalty status to cover up the attack.

Now some people will say that i hate her. So no I do not hate her and want to like her character and her growth but this the part that makes me dislike her character.

I never hated her character before this action of hers.

And her rejection by Cid was brutal in the light novel. First one middle finger, then double middle finger. Well, Seeing her immediate reaction to that I think she deserved that from Cid.

Is this your first time watching no anime coz let me tell you a few things:

ever heard of a character type called tsundare, yeah that's the type of character she is and its their whole to act the opposite of how they feel beat people for no reason and act like they're the victim.

And a little spoiler you'll find this in almost every anime. So good luck dealing with that.

Here are a list of things that might annoy you as well:

1) punching the Mc for no reason.
2) stabbing their for walking in accidently.
3)putting them In various arm lock.
4)breaking their bones.
5) insulting them when you actually wanna do the opposite.

They are know as troops and you'll find them in every anime.

But hey,
Don't worry about that stuff coz you'll learn to ignore them soon enough (or you'll just give up on anime altogether).
Oct 17, 2:24 AM
Apr 2022
Jatin587 said:
SuntProstMare said:

Well, welcome to the band of crazy where murder is just a gag and anything can be laughed off coz we've experienced things so much worse then this that murder just like a light snack.

You see humans have that thing in their minds that makes them happy at the suffering of others.
It's the other side the the feeling you get when your friend wins the prize that you were aiming for.
Pendragon572Oct 17, 2:29 AM
Oct 17, 3:53 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ejleon it is good anime, it need 8 rating
@Sayan_Pal I'm very sorry to disappoint, but I rated this anime a (6) Fine, because I really disliked most of the anime and I especially disliked he main male MC.

The best part of the first season, was the classic music from Ludwig van Beethoven, that is basically the only reason why it got a (6) Fine.

Oct 17, 4:44 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
@Sayan_Pal I'm very sorry to disappoint, but I rated this anime a (6) Fine, because I really disliked most of the anime and I especially disliked he main male MC.

The best part of the first season, was the classic music from Ludwig van Beethoven, that is basically the only reason why it got a (6) Fine.
@ejleon if u not like ignore then,u cannot force others to drop it
Oct 17, 8:24 AM
Nov 2018
@ejleon After Alicia "murder" Cid. There was a lot of blood left behind and the next day the teacher found it. Basically it looks like a crime happened without a body. So in the episode it was mentioned as a new school wonder about a bodyless murder.
Oct 17, 9:49 AM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
@ejleon After Alicia "murder" Cid. There was a lot of blood left behind and the next day the teacher found it. Basically it looks like a crime happened without a body. So in the episode it was mentioned as a new school wonder about a bodyless murder.

Oh, now I remember, thank you for jogging my memory, that did make me laugh 😂

Oct 17, 6:04 PM
Aug 2024
Brace yourself bro coz her sister is million times worse
Oct 17, 6:06 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ejleon if u not like ignore then,u cannot force others to drop it
@Sayan_Pal Well that was never my intention, people are free to watch / like / dislike what they want, but I also am free too 😅

Oct 17, 8:00 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
@Sayan_Pal Well that was never my intention, people are free to watch / like / dislike what they want, but I also am free too 😅
@ejleon then stop and ignore it,donot do ther to drop it
Oct 17, 8:31 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sayan_Pal
@ejleon then stop and ignore it,donot do ther to drop it
@Sayan_Pal Oh, are you telling me to drop the anime? I already watched both seasons and rated them.

I don't just watch anime I know I like, I pick anime I am interested in at the beginning of the season, then watch it all, even if I end up not liking it.

I don't like dropping anime or judging them based on a few episodes, I watch the whole season and then judge, that's fair in my opinion.

Oct 17, 9:26 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
@Sayan_Pal Oh, are you telling me to drop the anime? I already watched both seasons and rated them.

I don't just watch anime I know I like, I pick anime I am interested in at the beginning of the season, then watch it all, even if I end up not liking it.

I don't like dropping anime or judging them based on a few episodes, I watch the whole season and then judge, that's fair in my opinion.
@ejleon ok,but u cannot force others to drop it
Oct 17, 9:32 PM

Apr 2021
Sayan_Pal said:

I am going to explain this as easy as possible.

Please stop telling me what I can or can’t do, when I’m not doing anything.

I never told anyone to drop it or stop watching it.

I never forced anyone to do anything on MAL.

Everyone is free to like or dislike what they want.

But I don’t need to like the anime, please recognize this.
ejleonOct 17, 9:39 PM

Oct 17, 9:45 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
Sayan_Pal said:

I am going to explain this as easy as possible.

Please stop telling me what I can or can’t do, when I’m not doing anything.

I never told anyone to drop it or stop watching it.

I never forced anyone to do anything on MAL.

Everyone is free to like or dislike what they want.

But I don’t need to like the anime, please recognize this.
@ejleon ok,i understand now

More topics from this board

» Is Cid still oblivious ?

meteor4000 - Oct 19

11 by meteor4000 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

740 by greed2 »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

773 by Sayan_Pal »»
Oct 12, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

261 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

124 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 3:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.