*Not talking about animation style
----------------------------
Although this is still from Toei Animation,
this gives us a perspective on how a seasonal
One Piece would be released.

If this tells the whole story of
Fish-man Island and isn't a recap,
then we can expect Wit Studio to release
The One Piece in sagas of 15-30 episodes.
Quite similar to this One Piece Log: Fish-Man Island Saga
Oct 14, 11:11 AM
May 2024
Fishman Island isnt the longest arc so I wouldnt assume they will make Dressrosa or Wano be only 15-30 episodes but yeah either way thous ewould much shorter than currently. 😅
Oct 15, 1:36 AM
Nov 2022
What sought of question is this it's please delete this forum
Oct 15, 8:22 AM
Sep 2015
Reply to grindelorian
Fishman Island isnt the longest arc so I wouldnt assume they will make Dressrosa or Wano be only 15-30 episodes but yeah either way thous ewould much shorter than currently. 😅
@grindelorian Right. Wano/Dressrosa might or have to be longer. Fishmen Island Special will adapt pacing wise 2,71 episodes/chapters. So lets say if we think of 3 chapters per episode for each arc, we get roundabout:

Fishman Island: 21 Episodes/58 chapters
Punk Hazard: 17 Episodes/46 chapters (46 episodes) or 15 episodes with exactly 3 chapters per episode.
Dressrosa: 34 Epsiodes/102 chapters (118 episodes)
Zou Arc: 8 Episodes/ 23 chapters (29 episodes)
WholeCake Island: 26 Episodes/78 chapters (95 epsiodes)
Reverie Arc: 2 or 3 Episodes/6 Chapters
Wano Arc: 50 episodes /149 chapters (191 episodes)

That would shorten the second half of One Piece to 158/159 episodes. Thats actually insane.
Oct 15, 8:51 AM
May 2024
Reply to TheAnimeWorld
@grindelorian Right. Wano/Dressrosa might or have to be longer. Fishmen Island Special will adapt pacing wise 2,71 episodes/chapters. So lets say if we think of 3 chapters per episode for each arc, we get roundabout:

Punk Hazard: 17 Episodes/46 chapters (46 episodes) or 15 episodes with exactly 3 chapters per episode.

That would shorten the second half of One Piece to 158/159 episodes. Thats actually insane.
@TheAnimeWorld It really is
Oct 19, 11:00 AM

May 2015
Reply to TheAnimeWorld

@TheAnimeWorld
Just the second half? The ENTIRE manga can be shortened from 1100+ to about 400 episodes.
Oct 19, 11:16 AM

May 2015
Hot take: I'd rather and I would much more prefer remasters like this than a remake.
And I've always wanted something like this because the anime only downside is pacing and they can easily fix it so I wish they started from the beginning than Fish-Man Island arc but I'll take this for now, a start is a start!
Oct 20, 3:37 AM

Jul 2020
Reply to TheBerserker
Hot take: I'd rather and I would much more prefer remasters like this than a remake.
And I've always wanted something like this because the anime only downside is pacing and they can easily fix it so I wish they started from the beginning than Fish-Man Island arc but I'll take this for now, a start is a start!
@TheBerserker yeah, the pre timeskip doesn't need a remake cuz it's already good as it is. Now the post timeskip needs work.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 21, 6:15 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to TheBerserker
@TheBerserker That's literally what Toei Animation did in Dragon Ball Kai, good idea, but now that Wit started I don't see it possible.

UNLESS, Wit does the pre-timeskip remake and Toei the post-timeskip remaster. That'd be crazy.
Oct 24, 5:02 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to CosmicusAnima
@TheBerserker That's literally what Toei Animation did in Dragon Ball Kai, good idea, but now that Wit started I don't see it possible.

UNLESS, Wit does the pre-timeskip remake and Toei the post-timeskip remaster. That'd be crazy.
@CosmicusAnima DBZ Kai was much more simple though, they barely touch anything. This One Piece remaster will have better visuals, new sounds effect and ost are a plus, and of course the pacing will finally be fixed.
Oct 24, 7:31 AM

May 2015
Reply to CosmicusAnima

@CosmicusAnima Dragon Ball Kai is partially the reason that made want them to remaster One Piece.

I'm still skeptical about The One Piece. Right now based on the teaser I assume they'll only do Romance Dawn arc (and at best I don't think they'll go past East Blue saga) to celebrate 25 years of the anime, not even the manga which is 27 years old by now. I've read the announcements but until it releases I'm not sure it'll actually be a TV series and not a movie.
ANOTHER EDIT: I just learned The One Piece will probably end up having "25" episodes, if true, it further enforces what I suspect it to be.

Celebrating 25 years of the anime is probably the reason we're getting this remaster too, this year marks a quarter of a century for the anime, it makes sense they make a big deal of it. Also Fan Letter special, which aired exactly at the 25th anniversary date.

EDIT: I knew it! I had to look it up but Fish-Man Island is the 25th arc of One Piece. Things are making a lot of sense to me right now.
Maybe they should stretch it a bit from 21 to 25 episodes, just because!
TheBerserkerOct 24, 4:20 PM

More topics from this board

» The One Pace

Shidoteki - Oct 14

11 by Vipadus »»
Today, 4:06 AM

» 1st Episode Postponement

_MushiRock11_ - Oct 21

12 by TheBerserker »»
Oct 24, 4:25 PM

» Will Nami get sexier?

Catalano - Oct 13

18 by TheBerserker »»
Oct 24, 6:45 AM

» Are You Hype this Arc? 😤🔥

Ridzaxster - Oct 14

36 by TransferUser »»
Oct 23, 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.