Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 4:00 PM

Mar 2018
lelouch was never ressurected in the original timeline. only the alternate rebuild movies timeline which changed quite much of the stuff from the original
Jul 8, 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
preaching to the choir

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 8, 5:03 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
preaching to the choir
@Fortress_Maximus lots of people coming to this unaware of the movies' timeline shenanigans. don't just assume stuff, dude lol
Jul 8, 5:29 PM

Jul 2017
It wasn't even clear if lelouch %100 died in the original series. So what youre saying doesn't really matter even though its true
Jul 8, 5:33 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Kitsune_089
It wasn't even clear if lelouch %100 died in the original series. So what youre saying doesn't really matter even though its true
@Kitsune_089 there is a reason they call it ressurection. lol, people still stuck with 2000s fan thories
Jul 8, 7:48 PM

Jul 2017
Phantomnocomics said:
@Kitsune_089 there is a reason they call it ressurection. lol, people still stuck with 2000s fan thories

well he doesn't even get "resurrected" in that film either, just his memories return

The original series deliberately doesn't clarify if lelouch is dead or not and leaves it to the watchers interpretation
Jul 8, 10:33 PM
May 2016
Phantomnocomics said:
lelouch was never ressurected in the original timeline. only the alternate rebuild movies timeline which changed quite much of the stuff from the original

Incorrect. The original timeline is purposely open ended, so far this could have happened in the original timeline too.
Jul 9, 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
you can say that especially that roze is based on the alternate timeline and not the original timeline of code geass
Jul 9, 7:22 AM

Sep 2016
How to continue the same show without calling it the same show:
  1. Make redundant recap movies with just a few changes and call them alternate version.
  2. Make sequels of the recaps and claim the original is still untouched.
  3. Make people defend this ridiculous farce.
  4. Profit!
Jul 9, 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
@deg pretty much, deg, as always, pretty insightful

@ktg that's headcanon, ressurection take place in the rebuilds movies where characters that were dead in the original like
don't in the rebuilds. rozé is supposed to be a sequel to ressurection

@kitsune_089 he gets resurrected because without his memories and mind, his self is dead. that's the whole premise of the movie, i applaude your mental gymantics tho

@fortress_maximus, and you said i'm preaching to the choir? lmao, see what i meant

Jul 9, 11:25 AM
May 2016
Phantomnocomics said:

@ktg that's headcanon, ressurection take place in the rebuilds movies where characters that were dead in the original like

@kitsune_089 he gets resurrected because without his memories and mind, his self is dead. that's the whole premise of the movie, i applaude your mental gymantics tho

@fortress_maximus, and you said i'm preaching to the choir? lmao, see what i meant

Yes, it's supposed to be a sequel, but in reality nothing really happened that would prove that it's a sequel of the new timeline while it's not for the old one.

When we encounter something in this series that proves it, then we can talk about it.
Jul 9, 12:18 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to ktg
Phantomnocomics said:

Yes, it's supposed to be a sequel, but in reality nothing really happened that would prove that it's a sequel of the new timeline while it's not for the old one.

When we encounter something in this series that proves it, then we can talk about it.
@ktg nothing? Excuse me but did you watch the rebuilds or no? be honest.

The setting and characters in "Code Geass: Rozé of the Recapture" reflect the alternate timeline and not the original;

The presence of the Neo Britannian Empire and the character dynamics involving Emperor Karis al Britannia and the Einbergs are new elements introduced in the alternate timeline of the movies.
The focus on mercenaries and the new resistance group, the Seven Radiant Stars, are developments that fit within the narrative established by "Lelouch of the Re;surrection'' and not the original.

plus, the official site confirms that the project is a sequel to the movies.

PhantomnocomicsJul 9, 12:22 PM
Jul 9, 12:35 PM
May 2016
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@ktg nothing? Excuse me but did you watch the rebuilds or no? be honest.

The setting and characters in "Code Geass: Rozé of the Recapture" reflect the alternate timeline and not the original;

The presence of the Neo Britannian Empire and the character dynamics involving Emperor Karis al Britannia and the Einbergs are new elements introduced in the alternate timeline of the movies.
The focus on mercenaries and the new resistance group, the Seven Radiant Stars, are developments that fit within the narrative established by "Lelouch of the Re;surrection'' and not the original.

plus, the official site confirms that the project is a sequel to the movies.

@Phantomnocomics Yes, nothing. Nothing happened that proves that it cannot be a sequel of the original.

All of your examples don't really work, because it does not contradict the original series' story. It has just a different focus - according to you. To me, it's like a remake of the original story. Someone with a powerful Geass joins the resistance. That someone has partner who "for whatever reason" follows him!her. The resistance fights for Japan against a british army. That someone also hides his/her true identity.
Jul 9, 2:12 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to ktg
@Phantomnocomics Yes, nothing. Nothing happened that proves that it cannot be a sequel of the original.

All of your examples don't really work, because it does not contradict the original series' story. It has just a different focus - according to you. To me, it's like a remake of the original story. Someone with a powerful Geass joins the resistance. That someone has partner who "for whatever reason" follows him!her. The resistance fights for Japan against a british army. That someone also hides his/her true identity.
@ktg

''to me'',

and that's what the definition of headcanon is. the official sources have spoken and that's that. it's a sequel to the rebuilds/ressurection
Jul 12, 2:22 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to ktg

@ktg shearly is alive in this timeline and she wasn't in original timeline
Mao doesn't appear in this timeline so far
So he can return too
A lot of things are different.
From original
Jul 12, 9:18 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Abstudios07
@ktg shearly is alive in this timeline and she wasn't in original timeline
Mao doesn't appear in this timeline so far
So he can return too
A lot of things are different.
From original
@Abstudios07 The only reason those things turned out that way in the movies is cuz they scrapped all of Shirley's plot from the movies since they couldn't fit it in. That's the only reason the movies are different from the original which is extremely stupid. There's a reason many don't like the movies and this spinoff/sequel and that's one of them. Fine example: this typesetter's note from the second movie:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479096072942256131/1261355899121959035/image.png?ex=6692a8b9&is=66915739&hm=e0bf02d3e1345fdab482c6b00db361cea257edd9306549f29e594d119b5fabce&
Jul 12, 9:21 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to JoeHoganExperien
@Abstudios07 The only reason those things turned out that way in the movies is cuz they scrapped all of Shirley's plot from the movies since they couldn't fit it in. That's the only reason the movies are different from the original which is extremely stupid. There's a reason many don't like the movies and this spinoff/sequel and that's one of them. Fine example: this typesetter's note from the second movie:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479096072942256131/1261355899121959035/image.png?ex=6692a8b9&is=66915739&hm=e0bf02d3e1345fdab482c6b00db361cea257edd9306549f29e594d119b5fabce&
@JoeHoganExperien I m one of those people who dont like movies and sequal movie they kinda Runied everything then again this is totally something else I won't and will not consider this a sequal to that show even if it is. I would not acknowledge it
Jul 12, 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to Abstudios07
@JoeHoganExperien I m one of those people who dont like movies and sequal movie they kinda Runied everything then again this is totally something else I won't and will not consider this a sequal to that show even if it is. I would not acknowledge it
@Abstudios07 i just wanna know how are there people who still argue rosé is a sequel to the show and not the movies timeline. facepalm, buncha clowns

props to your awareness effort, abstudio
PhantomnocomicsJul 12, 3:43 PM
Jul 12, 10:59 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@Abstudios07 i just wanna know how are there people who still argue rosé is a sequel to the show and not the movies timeline. facepalm, buncha clowns

props to your awareness effort, abstudio
@Phantomnocomics ohh, that's my old YouTube channel name.

I guess people do that cuz they want a connection to the original series which was so legendary to them they want a justification to say it's good and it's connected to that great serise.
It's helps them ignore the mistakes done in sequal as they're to blind to the truth.

They won't accept it, cuz truth hurts the most.
So if this delusion can help them cope with this. I think it's fine I'm totally fine if someone is enjoying the show let them be.

Code GEASS ended with R2, Everything after that doesn't matter. It would never effect to me like I did with resurrection that was a mistake. But I fixed it as soon as I watched the movie.
So let them enjoy the show if this helps them. But as long as enough people knows what's the truth I believe it's fine. Cuz majority knows this show have nothing to do with original code GEASS.

End of story: have a good night.
Jul 12, 8:11 PM
May 2017
Zarutaku said:
  1. Make redundant recap movies with just a few changes and call them alternate version.
  4. Profit!

They are still untouched tho cuz you dont need to watch this like the Eva Rebuild:
Jul 13, 1:45 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to dxtremecaliber
Zarutaku said:
  4. Profit!

They are still untouched tho cuz you dont need to watch this like the Eva Rebuild:
Thanks for proving my 3rd point.
Jul 21, 6:23 AM

Feb 2012
The latest broadcast episode reused 4:3 clips from the TV series, not the wide-screen recap movies to explain Damocles.

And the newest PV for the theatrical versions shows Akito the Exiled and Oz of the Reflection characters.

Really, Rozé expects you to watch to have watched all Code Geass series prior. You have to have seen R1,R2, recaps, re;surrection and even Akito.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 22, 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
The latest broadcast episode reused 4:3 clips from the TV series, not the wide-screen recap movies to explain Damocles.

And the newest PV for the theatrical versions shows Akito the Exiled and Oz of the Reflection characters.

Really, Rozé expects you to watch to have watched all Code Geass series prior. You have to have seen R1,R2, recaps, re;surrection and even Akito.
@Fortress_Maximus ?

I'm a bit lost on what your post is about. No one has said to only watch the Rebuilds and then jump to this.

If that's the case, this isn't what the thread is about. I don't know whether you meant it as a PSA for those who may pass by the thread or for the thread itself.

Obviously, anyone with half a brain cell knows they need to have watched the original series before moving on to the movies and then to this.

Who would go to the Rebuild movies without watching the original? It's like watching the EVA Rebuilds without any knowledge of the original EVA. Pretty idiotic.

Jul 23, 6:54 AM
May 2011
As annoying as I find "Lelouch Lived" truthers to be, at what point does the "alternative" timeline just become canon? The more they drag this out, the more apparent it becomes that the original was a mistake insofar that the executives couldn't continue to milk the series without its biggest draw - Lelouch.
Jul 24, 11:45 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to Fail_Man_X
As annoying as I find "Lelouch Lived" truthers to be, at what point does the "alternative" timeline just become canon? The more they drag this out, the more apparent it becomes that the original was a mistake insofar that the executives couldn't continue to milk the series without its biggest draw - Lelouch.
@Fail_Man_X The alternative timeline has become the "official canon" ever since the Resurrection movie came out. The OG Code Geass has been left behind as a completely finished series and the alternative timeline took over so they can keep milking this franchise for how many more years they wish to.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 5

51 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 3 Discussion

FarCritical - Jul 5

46 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Jun 21

88 by Phraze »»
Oct 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Sep 6

107 by mat619 »»
Oct 14, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FarCritical - Aug 23

51 by StarNightwatcher »»
Oct 11, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.