Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 10:52 AM

Nov 2010
What anime from the Summer 2024 season are you planning to watch?

I wanted to look forward at what's to come in the new anime season, although I'm still working on finishing and even starting a few of the anime from last season. I wanted to get my initial impressions out there, as well as see what there is to watch. I'm sure there may still be a few things added just before the season starts or even while the Summer anime season is in progress.

Let me know what stands out for you as well.

Link to Summer 2024 Anime Season on MAL

The series airing this season I will likely check out include:
  1. Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan (Tower of God Season 2 / Tower of God: Return of the Prince)
  2. Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season (Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You Season 3)
  3. Senpai wa Otokonoko (Senpai is an Otokonoko / My Crossdressing Senpai)
  4. Gimai Seikatsu (Days with My Stepsister)
  5. Elf-san wa Yaserarenai. (Plus-Sized Elf)
  6. Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san (Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian)
  7. Isekai Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad Isekai)
  8. Dungeon no Naka no Hito (Dungeon People)
  9. Shoushimin Series (Shoshimin: How to Become Ordinary)
  10. 2.5-jigen no Ririsa (2.5 Dimensional Seduction)
  11. Atri: My Dear Moments

The Tower of God anime was by no means a masterpiece, but it is something I've definitely enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to this season season as well. I ended up reading through the webtoon after watching the first season, and it's been enjoyable as well. There is a lot of content to this series in the webtoon to check out as well for those interested.

It's been quite a while since the first 2 seasons of Kimi ni Todoke, and during that time I've read some of the manga as well. I'm looking forward to seeing it in anime format again with this third season. Quite a slow paced romance, where I had initially thought the first season was already nearing the end.

For the anime, Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian, I have read a little of the manga. I'm not expecting it to be amazing, but I think it was decent at least when I was reading it, so I will probably check it out in anime form too.

Suicide Squad Isekai looks weird to me, while also looking quite interesting. I don't have any strong feelings towards the well known DC characters in it, though my curiosity in how it ends up is making me still want to watch it to find out what it's all about.

The premise for Dungeon People seems cool to me. Adventurer reaches new depths in the dungeon, and sounds like she gets recruited to help set up the dungeon. Unique for sure as an anime, so I'm hoping it does well.

I'll also be continuing these anime still airing from last season:
  • Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3)
  • Quanzhi Gaoshou 3 (The King's Avatar 3)
  • Yao Shen Ji 7th Season (Tales of Demons and Gods Season 7)
  • Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf)
  • Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season (My Hero Academia Season 7)

I haven't actually started watching any of these yet from the previous season, but I'm definitely going to start Slime season 3 soon. I've been waiting on Slime since I have already read ahead in the manga anyways. My Hero Academia I'm still even farther behind, as I haven't seen the 6th season yet either. I am planning to get around to it eventually though.

The King's Avatar 3 and Tales of Demons and Gods Season 7 both started part way through the Spring anime season I believe, so I hadn't originally seen them when looking at what was airing. I will get around to both though. The King's Avatar I wouldn't say is particularly amazing, but still a nice watch to me. Tales of Demons and Gods I very much enjoyed the manga, and ended up reading the Light Novel as well. I will say later on I disliked the direction it was heading, but overall the series does some amazing things when it comes to the world it's building. The anime however, is definitely not great. The animation is very subpar, but I still keep up with it because I enjoyed the base content of the series.

Other anime I may check out based on ratings/reviews and what I feel like at the time include:
  • NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2
  • Isekai Shikkaku (No Longer Allowed In Another World)
  • Bye Bye, Earth
  • Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai (I Parry Everything / I Parry Everything: What Do You Mean I'm the Strongest? I'm Not Even an Adventurer Yet!)
  • Giji Harem (Pseudo Harem)
  • Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season (The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses Season 2)
  • Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! (Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!)
  • Mayonaka Punch
  • Na Nare Hana Nare (Narenare -Cheer for You!-)
  • Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai (Dahliya in Bloom)
  • Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai (My Wife Has No Emotion)
  • Ramen Akaneko (Red Cat Ramen)
  • Sengoku Youko: Yonaoshi Kyoudai-hen (Sengoku Youko)

I still haven't got around to watching the first season of NieR, but it is an anime I've been meaning to watch still. If I get around to it, I may check this second season coming out as well. The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses is another anime I haven't watched yet, but with the second season coming out, it may be something I go back and check the first season too. Sengoku Youko I haven't watched either, though after checking some trailers of the first season I missed, I might have a small interest in checking it out along with this second season.

No Longer Allowed In Another World definitely looks interesting even though I found it hard to tell just how good it would be.

Dahliya in Bloom looked like it may not have enough substance. I'm still interested to see how it ends up so I may check it out. It looked like a very laid back series.

As far as movies/specials go:
  • Kimi no Iro (The Colors Within / Your Color)

Kimi no Iro was hard to tell how much I'd like it, but I definitely like the concept. I think I've read a couple series before with similar themes of being able to see the "color" of someone, and I usually find them nice to read.
Twitch: Pokey26
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 12, 1:47 PM
Nov 2010
I've been watching:

• One Piece
  • Spice and Wolf
  • VTuber Legend
  • Failure Frame
  • The Ossan Newbie Adventurer
  • No Longer Allowed In Another World

Out of these, my top two are "One Piece" because the animation has been SOO GOOD S TIER, and "No Longer Allowed In Another World," which stands out among the isekai I've been watching. It's refreshing compared to the usual fare.

I gave "VTuber Legend" a try, watching three episodes, but I ended up dropping it. It started off well, but I couldn't see where the story was heading, so I lost interest.
Aug 12, 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Nice. I've been meaning to get back to One Piece soon myself. I'm currently part way through the Wano Kuni Arc, but seems like a good time to catch up a bit again. I think there is a few movies out now that I still need to check as well related to One Piece. No Longer Allowed In Another World seemed quite interesting to me too. I haven't started it yet, but it is one of the anime I was considering this season.

I've also had been watching the Olympics a bit, mostly some of the track and field events, and basketball. I saw some recaps of a few other events too, and it's been cool to check out.

Hope you're enjoying what you choose to watch this season.
Aug 18, 10:39 PM

Nov 2010
I'm probably also going to check out Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi (The Elusive Samurai). I don't think it had been announced yet when I first made my list, but I have since seen the trailer and thought it looked like it could be quite good.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fall 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Oct 6

2 by Pokey26 »»
Oct 14, 7:38 AM

» Spring 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 7:19 PM

» My Recap of the Winter 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 1:56 PM

» Winter 2023 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jan 10, 2023

0 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 10, 2023 7:31 AM

» Webtoons

Pokey26 - Jun 24, 2022

1 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.