Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
What anime from the Spring 2024 season are you planning to watch?

I'm back to watching anime, and I actually made a post with a sort of recap of the many anime I watched last season. I'm looking forward to this season as well, as there are a few big name sequels, and some other anime that may prove interesting as well.

Let me know what you're interested in, what you liked in the previous season too if you want, or check my previous post to see what I liked in the Winter 2024 anime season. I'm sure I'll still continue reading some series as well, but right now I'm quite interested in watching anime again.

If there are more series still to be announced before the season starts I may try to provide an update with any of those I might also be interested in.

Link to Spring 2024 Anime Season on MAL

The series airing this season I will likely check out include:
  1. Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3)
  2. Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc)
  3. Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau (Whisper Me a Love Song)
  4. Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote (The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio)
  5. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 (KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3)
  6. Bartender: Kami no Glass (Bartender: Glass of God)
  7. Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf (Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf)
  8. Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season (The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3)
  9. Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season (My Hero Academia Season 7)
  10. Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru (Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again)

For new anime, I'm most looking forward to Whisper Me a Love Song, which seems like it will be a decent romance anime. The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio also looks quite interesting to me, although I have no idea how good it will end up being.

Spice and Wolf I think is going to be a remake, and I liked the original quite a bit. I never actually finished the 2nd season of the original yet though, so I may go back and watch that first because I usually like to watch both versions when there are multiple. Bartender: Glass of God I believe is another remake, but this one I didn't know about. It looked like it could be a chill anime for this season though, which is nice to have.

As far as sequels go, there is a lot, and many are well liked. I'm most interested in Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3, and the Demon Slayer sequel, but I'm also still looking forward to KonoSuba Season 3 and The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3. I haven't seen the spin-off KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! yet, but I have seen all of the main series and specials out. I'm also still currently finishing the 2nd season of The Duke of Death and His Maid, and I've been enjoying the series so far. My Hero Academia I'm less interested in, and I also haven't watched season 6 yet, but it is a series I'd like to probably return to at some point.

I'll also be continuing these anime still airing from last season:
  • Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season (Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy Season 2)
  • Ninja Kamui

Tsukimichi has been surprisingly good so far, although maybe the 2nd season has been slightly worse than the 1st so far. That being said, the 2nd season is still continuing, so maybe it will still be getting into the real content as it finishes this season. Ninja Kamui however, I just have no idea how good it will end up. The start definitely pulled me in, but now I simply need to see more on how it all plays out. I think theres only like 5 episodes left of it too.

Other anime I may check out based on ratings/reviews and what I feel like at the time include:
  • Unnamed Memory
  • Kaijuu 8-gou (Kaiju No. 8)
  • Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu (I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability)
  • Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? (An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride)
  • Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai (A Condition Called Love)
  • Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai (Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night)
  • Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? (Train to the End of the World)
  • Rinkai!
  • Ooi! Tonbo (Hey! Tonbo, Oi! Tonbo)
  • Grimm Kumikyoku (The Grimm Variations)
  • Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi (Mysteries, Maidens, And Mysterious Disappearances)
  • One Room, Hiatari Futsuu, Tenshi-tsuki. (Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included)
  • Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. (Gods' Game We Play)
  • Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru (As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World)
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season

I'm sure I won't get around to most of these, but I'll be keeping my eye on them to see if they are good or not. There's all sorts of genres within these series too, including action, horror/mystery, slice of life, isekai, romance, and a couple sports anime. Quite a few of these may be hit-or-miss, but with so many that I may have an interest in, I'm sure I can find a few that I enjoy.

I'd say I'm most interested in seeing how Unnamed Memory and Kaiju No. 8 do in their reception. I'm most curious however about probably Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night, and Train to the End of the World. They seemed cool but I couldn't really tell exactly what the anime will be like just from the trailers. Otherwise it would be nice if one of the sports anime, like Rinkai! or Ooi! Tonbo, are good, as I very much enjoy having a sports anime to watch as well.

I only ever got part way through the 2nd season of The Irregular at Magic High School, but I could see myself potentially getting back into the series at some point to check out this 3rd season.

As far as movies/specials go:
  • Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - Shin Jidai no Tobira (Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - Beginning of a New Era)
  • Trapezium
  • Oomuro-ke: Dear Friends
  • Look Back

I still need to watch the 3rd season of Uma Musume, and one of the specials, but I plan to get around to this new movie at some point. Trapezium seemed quite interesting. It follows someone looking to be an idol who has self-imposed some rules on herself to meet her goals. As for Oomuro-ke: Dear Friends, I haven't seen the previous movie yet, but it just came out last season, and I was thinking of watching it and then this one as well. Look Back might be decent as well, but I'm not particularly set on watching it yet either.
Pokey26Jun 26, 8:00 AM
Twitch: Pokey26
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fall 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Oct 6

2 by Pokey26 »»
Oct 14, 7:38 AM

» Summer 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jun 26

3 by Pokey26 »»
Aug 18, 10:39 PM

» My Recap of the Winter 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 1:56 PM

» Winter 2023 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jan 10, 2023

0 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 10, 2023 7:31 AM

» Webtoons

Pokey26 - Jun 24, 2022

1 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.