Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2023 10:00 AM
Jun 2021
Hi guys,
I couldn't find any easily available active forum to post this question on. So although I doubt I'll receive any answers from here I'll just post it here and forget about it.
I've completed watching "Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume" 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Visions of Coleus'. For those who haven't seen it is a 3ep short OVA released just this month. Spoiler:
It is about a short mid trip Rimuru takes during the Summer vacation when he was acting as Shizune's students' teacher. He goes to small sandy/desert country for a mission from the guild. Cut short he had to go espionage mode so at some point he transforms into a man. And my question is how?
I thought it was already established very early that Rimuru could only transform into being's he had consumed/eaten. Therefore only after consuming Shizu he was able to transform into a human. For clearer context, this is happening before, he fights Hinata or kills 10,000 human and becomes a demon lord. I had guessed that till this point he still had soft corner for humans suggested by all the human friendly rules he had made in Jura which eventually led to the massacre. I mean I don't especially remember him killing any humans before his demon lord ascension time. So I wonder whose body that is.
My first thought was it was maybe Shizu's body's male form, but before it was shown that Shizu's body still had Rimuru's iconic slime blue hair but the body he transforms into has black hair and is a new face. Sooo?
I wouldn't have given it this much thought if it was OVA of another anime but it's Slime datta ken and even the OVAs of this anime carries many important clues to actual canon events in their world. I read the mangas too so I know that how much of their world building is carried by OVA and side stories. Another spoiler:
The OVA has involvement of Luminous Valentine and Violet one of the primordial demons. Although just surface level depiction, Luminous's action is something to do with the frozen girl body she stores in her chamber. And in the end it is depicted Violet preparing her next course of action and just a glimpse of the Movie Guren no Kizune-hen is shown.
So this Loophole of Rimuru's transformation without a proper explanation seems very out of place. I was wonder if anyone has any answers? that if I am missing anything Or maybe the Light novel reader would know something.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.