Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Sep 2021
I really liked the season, but I'm only confused about why was Nora aka Jutte spared?

Yes, what happened to her and her mother was tragic, Yes she saved the village girls from their horrible fate.

But at the end of the day, she brutally murdered innocent girls to save those werewolf girls but wasn't held accountable.

And lastly Louise I just feel bad for her yes she also set her up but, come on we all know why she did that so she can prove to her parents and everyone that she isn't a burden.

In my opinion, Jutte/Nora shouldn't have gotten the victim card from Aya Rindo but rather she should've been held accountable for her actions.

Even my man Tsugaru was confused like me. Let me know what you guys think.

Nov 9, 2023 2:28 PM
Jun 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
I really liked the season, but I'm only confused about why was Nora aka Jutte spared?

Yes, what happened to her and her mother was tragic, Yes she saved the village girls from their horrible fate.

But at the end of the day, she brutally murdered innocent girls to save those werewolf girls but wasn't held accountable.

And lastly Louise I just feel bad for her yes she also set her up but, come on we all know why she did that so she can prove to her parents and everyone that she isn't a burden.

In my opinion, Jutte/Nora shouldn't have gotten the victim card from Aya Rindo but rather she should've been held accountable for her actions.

Aya spared Nora because as she says she didn't manage to finish the complete elucidation of the mystery so she is not up to coming with a punishment for Nora, she blamed her detective spirit for keeping her alive
Nov 9, 2023 2:35 PM

Sep 2021
Dinu-I0 said:
Furuhashi1 said:

Aya spared Nora because as she says she didn't manage to finish the complete elucidation of the mystery so she is not up to coming with a punishment for Nora, she blamed her detective spirit for keeping her alive

That still was a poor decision
Nov 9, 2023 3:04 PM
May 2021
That was just a false excuse in my opinion, the real reason was because the “understood what’s to live in a cage” she simpatizantes with her as she was going to be used for breeding and then sacrificed as an offering as per the tribe’s belief.
Nov 9, 2023 3:49 PM

Sep 2021
gizzaleiva said:
That was just a false excuse in my opinion, the real reason was because the “understood what’s to live in a cage” she simpatizantes with her as she was going to be used for breeding and then sacrificed as an offering as per the tribe’s belief.

Yes I know but the actions she took weren't right, no matter how you round it up at the end of the day she also took innocent lives.
Nov 9, 2023 3:57 PM

Aug 2021
It definitely was confusing I side with you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2023 4:37 PM
Apr 2017
The protagonists are not heroes trying to punish evil. They don't care. They just want revenge against the guy that wronged them. That's all.
Nov 9, 2023 4:52 PM
Aug 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
gizzaleiva said:

Yes I know but the actions she took weren't right, no matter how you round it up at the end of the day she also took innocent lives.

I can def understand where you’re coming from but they aren’t arbiters of justice or anything. They’re just detectives and I doubt their hands were clean either.

She understood that letting her run off was the wrong choice to make but since she sympathized with her being stuck in the cage, she used an excuse to let her run free. Not because it was the moral choice, but because she simply felt bad.

Now as for crime and punishment, that’s an entirely different philosophical rabbit hole to dive down into. And I don’t think the author actually cared to dive down that rabbit hole either, lol.
Nov 9, 2023 5:06 PM

Sep 2021
decent_user said:
Furuhashi1 said:

I can def understand where you’re coming from but they aren’t arbiters of justice or anything. They’re just detectives and I doubt their hands were clean either.

She understood that letting her run off was the wrong choice to make but since she sympathized with her being stuck in the cage, she used an excuse to let her run free. Not because it was the moral choice, but because she simply felt bad.

Now as for crime and punishment, that’s an entirely different philosophical rabbit hole to dive down into. And I don’t think the author actually cared to dive down that rabbit hole either, lol.

Fair point you just forget that they became detectives just to solve cases and continue on their journey to find Aya body.

But sometimes Aya Rindo acts too nice with everyone which gave misunderstanding on why she let her slide, if that made sense.
Nov 9, 2023 8:35 PM
Mar 2023
I haven’t read the LN but from what I’ve read in discussions on it, Aya isn’t a good person. She’s a monster. She felt bad for Jutte, but I don’t think she cared about the morally right choice because she doesn’t have morals. I don’t want to delve into the spoilers I read on her character, but her letting a murderer go out of pity isn’t the worst thing she’s done. I’m not saying that as a justification to her decision but rather to emphasize that Aya is a bad person.
Nov 14, 2023 6:50 AM
Oct 2023
Furuhashi1 said:
Dinu-I0 said:

That still was a poor decision

if you think about it, they were all a victim of circumstance. They did what they did to survive. it might not have been morally correct, but who is rindo to judge nora/jutte.
Nov 14, 2023 2:24 PM
Sep 2022
It is confusing only when you look at the situation from your own subjective angle. She is 1000 years old undying head, like she gives a damn about all that noise.
Jan 10, 4:27 PM

Oct 2023
Since we're making a 21st century kind of judgement on this whole thing, I think it would also be fair to point out that Nora is a child. She's what, barely 13 at the end of the episode?

She was born of a mother who was nearly prosecuted for a crime of not wanting to become a breeding stock for her village, had to hide her identity her whole childhood to protect herself and her family, and when she tried to do a good deed and save a human child — the human village paid back by burning her and her mom to death. At that point she's what, 10? Maybe 11? I don't remember, but whatever. Great upbringing so far, oughta put a person on a sensible and people-loving path.

Do you remember yourself at 11? Realistically, how far can you run away and still keep yourself alive and well? She may be a werewolf in theory, but she was brought up hiding that part of her identity, not nurturing it. It may suck and it may be terrible for her psyche, but village living is the most sensible option for her survival at that point. And she even has two options!

Is it the village that tried to burn your family to death and now drools over the fact that you'll become a great breeding stock for the local men? Or is it the village that actually burned your family to death and where you now have to pretend to be the handicapped snitch that brought it upon you, while the whole village praises the deed and revels in the fact that everything dear to you is sinful, monstrous and how-great-it-is-that-they-eradicated-it?

This is a little girl who has been through some very traumatic events and whose further life options for the near foreseeable future are the two places whose fault it is that everything happened the way it did. The adults are terrible people on both sides. But what about children? They are innocent, right? Well, last time she cared about one — it didn't end very well for her. And in a village where all the adults are hellbent on eradicating anything different from them, do you think other children would be much better? And do you think at that point of her life she would care to find out if they were any better? Getting burned to death is a high cost for a mistake of trusting other people, one you generally wouldn't make twice.

So that leaves us with other werewolf girls — the only people in this whole mess who she could relate to, whose pain she understood and whom she both wanted and could help, even if through non family friendly means.

In the eyes on the 21st century law in many progressive countries she wouldn't even get prosecuted at 13. She'd have help of the social workers, therapists, the law itself (A village of killers and a village of child brides? Quite newsworthy, that is). But the story isn't set up in 21st century with our child protection laws. This is a 13 year old girl from the middle of nowhere some 200 years ago. If she was captured, how do you think she'd get held accountable for her actions?

By whom? By a village of humans who'd stone her to death for what she did? By a village of werewolves who'd keep her alive to push out children once she turns 14? It may not be the objectively morally right thing to do (then again, what is in this situation?), but I'm with Rindo Aya on this one — I'd let her go too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

164 by AP24 »»
Oct 7, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

101 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Sep 7, 6:53 PM

» RETURN OF A LEGEND!!! (No, not a new season, calm down LMAO)

WhispyMoon - Aug 21

16 by WhispyMoon »»
Aug 22, 1:21 PM

» Why does the ED song feel so nostalgic?

Oreki_Houtaro24 - Aug 8

4 by Madmaster_X »»
Aug 10, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

65 by Ranxomare »»
Jul 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.