Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 1, 11:35 AM
Jan 2021
love
feaefeasffwwe4fwes
Mar 5, 7:46 PM
Aug 2023
While I enjoyed all the episodes, it felt like very little happened over the course of the season. It was mostly all setups, and we haven't gotten to the really good payoffs yet. More is revealed, but what was revealed just lead to more questions that are setups in themselves, and not so much payoffs. I hope the second season is where things really start happening (payoffs to the setups), otherwise it scammy like JJ Abrams shows where it's nothing but setups and very little to no payoffs; the audience it strung along like being baited by a carrot on a stick with mysteries upon more mysteries upon even more mysteries that are never satisfyingly all resolved. While I have faith anime's aren't as scummy as Hollywood using those cheap tactics, I can't help feeling this similarity when reflecting on this entire season, and wondering has anything major happened, and were there any major payoffs? Very little compared to what is expected from a season, so I guess it would be more charitable to say S1 is just cour 1, and cour 2 is when all the good stuff is coming, that the "season" was actually 24 episodes instead of these last 12 episodes where nothing major happened because it was setting up for the later half. If so, I'm very glad I waited until S2 concluded so I could binge watch it all, because I'm not satiated with these 12 episodes because it wasn't enough to fill me up for what I expected from a season.

Again I enjoyed the episodes, characters like the magician was fun. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm saying it wasn't enough because nothing much really happened. House fire, saving the twins...yeah...but it didn't feel substantial. I really want to give S1 an 8/10, but I'm find myself struggling because nothing really happened despite episodes being enjoyable, so 7/10. If S2 falls back into the same pattern as S1, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. They really need to pick up the pace with the developments and payoffs now.
Mar 17, 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
Been a while since corpse god used his powers. Didn't do much though except get the attention of a new set of mysterious people

Mar 30, 10:28 PM

May 2021
First few episodes were great
Kinda fell off after that
6/10
Guaranteed sequel at least
Inhales oxygen
Apr 8, 4:25 PM
Jun 2023
I love overpowered main characters xD
Jun 19, 6:57 PM
Nov 2016
Man, this is great. The manga was a hot mess but the anime turned out pretty damn fine. Glad i gave it a shot.
Why hasn't anyone told me about this ? You peak mid cooking folks go on and on about crap like Chainsaw or Yaiba or Jujutsu, guess DMDP was too hard to grasp for the common shounen fan.

Also, mad world. CSM got a 8.5 while DMDP only got a 7.3 here on MAL.
Absolutely wrong. DMDP is a 7.5 and CSM a 6 at best. Humanity failed me again. You guys had 1 job... sigh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by spicarie »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.