Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2023 10:50 AM

Aug 2022
So at the end of the movie I was curious about something.

when they reunite they say its been 8 years since anzu had seen him and then when they leave the tunnel 13 had past in total. which I'm assuming means another 5 years went by when they reunited to them leaving the tunnel.

My question is what is there age gap at the end of the movie.

also great movie enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 12, 2023 11:16 AM
Oct 2019
8 years age gap, a lot of ppl got confused when they said it's been 13 years at the end, assuming that there is a 13 year age gap between them, forgetting the fact that he collapsed somewhere in the middle of the tunnel, and she had to go inside to reach him (added more time to the 8 years), then god knows for how long he was unconscious in her lap(added more time), then the conversation between them and all the stuff they did xD (added more time), and then the "returning" journey (added more time) so overall she waited for him for 8 years, so 8 years age gap, and when they came out of the cave, it was still 8 years, since they both were following the same "time" inside the cave. So they spent another 5 years in the cave together basically.
Jun 12, 2023 11:21 AM

Aug 2022
Ager_ said:
8 years age gap, a lot of ppl got confused when they said it's been 13 years at the end, assuming that there is a 13 year age gap between them, forgetting the fact that he collapsed somewhere in the middle of the tunnel, and she had to go inside to reach him (added more time to the 8 years), then god knows for how long he was unconscious in her lap(added more time), then the conversation between them and all the stuff they did xD (added more time), and then the "returning" journey (added more time) so overall she waited for him for 8 years, so 8 years age gap, and when they came out of the cave, it was still 8 years, since they both were following the same "time" inside the cave. So they spent another 5 years in the cave together basically.

Yeah ok. I figured that was the case. Thanks for clarifying
Jun 12, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2023
Phantom667 said:

when they reunite they say its been 8 years since anzu had seen him and then when they leave the tunnel 13 had past in total. which I'm assuming means another 5 years went by when they reunited to them leaving the tunnel.

I loved the movie visuals and plot, but I feel like the pacing was a bit awful. there wasn't enough time to fit all the development and stuff imo. do you feel the same way or is it just me?
Jun 12, 2023 2:55 PM
Sep 2022
sayu-simp said:
Phantom667 said:

I loved the movie visuals and plot, but I feel like the pacing was a bit awful. there wasn't enough time to fit all the development and stuff imo. do you feel the same way or is it just me?

I feel the same way, the movie had a great potential to be one of the greatest like your name with that animation and soundtrack but pacing was way too rushed. as I have read comments of LN readers, the movie should have been atlest 2h long coz I also feel like their relationship didn't developed well.
Jun 12, 2023 3:01 PM

Aug 2022
sayu-simp said:
Phantom667 said:

Yeah I agree it did feel very fast paced. It would have been nice if it was longer to give more development to their relationship.

Still enjoyed it a lot though.
Jun 12, 2023 3:23 PM
May 2023
Vansh-isnt-Cool said:
sayu-simp said:

I feel the same way, the movie had a great potential to be one of the greatest like your name with that animation and soundtrack but pacing was way too rushed. as I have read comments of LN readers, the movie should have been atlest 2h long coz I also feel like their relationship didn't developed well.

it sucks that they had to make it so short, had potential to be at least a 8/10 but I had to put it as a 4 purely because of the rushed plot which altogether ruined it. everyone else was very good tho
Jun 12, 2023 9:28 PM
Apr 2023
Phantom667 said:

Hanashiro is 7-8 older by the end of the movie than Touno. If they both are of same age then 8 years gap. If she is younger than him then 7 years gap. Anyways Age is just the number, In the end how they feel about each other matters the most.
TrickyHunter0506Jun 12, 2023 10:19 PM
Jun 13, 2023 12:06 AM
Feb 2022
good movie watcht it couple days ago
Jun 20, 2023 10:15 AM
Apr 2023
This is what I wanted to tell they didn't introduce this 3 character properly. They had proper plot for it but didn't involved them. The could have used the original story it would impacted greatly on the entire movie

Jun 20, 2023 9:19 PM

Oct 2018
Vansh-isnt-Cool said:
sayu-simp said:

Yesss, exactly. It reallly did have the potential to be the next Your Name. When I first read the LN after I first saw the trailers I was completely blown away and thought to myself “this is definitely going to blow up” but alas, they botched it. Overall, I’m thankful that I got to see my fav LN in motion at all since at least it was visually gorgeous and so was the music but that aside it hurt to watch the story unfold. From the very first scene that was already way different from the source material where he meets her at the train station and gives her the umbrella, I was legit cringing with every change they made like I was actually being gut punched with each one and watching the public execution of my fav LN… You were the chosen one, Tunnel to Summer… 

I extremely recommend people pick up the original LN but also happy for the movie-onlys that enjoyed it because, well, ignorance is bliss.
Jun 29, 2023 5:55 AM

Aug 2020
...when i read "this movie could be as great as 'your name.'," it makes me sick.
"your name." is one of the worst "world famous" cases ever; and indicates a disastrous lack of taste of those who stand up for it.

the "tunnel" was fantastic. you, guys, should develop your inner connections more, cuz you're saying unimaginable rubbish just cuz "one should say so, people are talking that way." gross
Jun 29, 2023 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
kebenaj said:
...when i read "this movie could be as great as 'your name.'," it makes me sick.
"your name." is one of the worst "world famous" cases ever; and indicates a disastrous lack of taste of those who stand up for it.

the "tunnel" was fantastic. you, guys, should develop your inner connections more, cuz you're saying unimaginable rubbish just cuz "one should say so, people are talking that way." gross
Giving edgy ratings to widely celebrated works of art isnt a good look. People have different tastes sure, but giving kimi no na wa a 1 just makes u look like a bellend with main character syndrome that thinks their vote is more important than others when they disagree with the current rating to try and dump down the overall by rating it a 1, when it obviously is'nt.

Jun 30, 2023 4:41 AM

Aug 2020
...what about forgetting the pretentiousness, and giving a little space for honesty?
Jul 6, 2023 8:28 PM

May 2010
I was wondering this myself, 8 years is a little awkward for a age gap, especially since he is still in school age. ^_^;
I was honestly hoping he would age while she went back into the tunnel so they could catch up in age lol 
đź’•
Aug 27, 2023 3:42 PM
Jan 2021
MermaidGalaxies said:
I was wondering this myself, 8 years is a little awkward for a age gap, especially since he is still in school age. ^_^;
I was honestly hoping he would age while she went back into the tunnel so they could catch up in age lol 
Glad i wasnt the only one thinkin that 
Sep 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to TrickyHunter0506
This is what I wanted to tell they didn't introduce this 3 character properly. They had proper plot for it but didn't involved them. The could have used the original story it would impacted greatly on the entire movie

@TrickyHunter0506 can you give me some spoiler on what plot they didn't include in the film please
Sep 9, 2023 2:44 AM
Sep 2023
But when he was first entered the tunnel his phone charged, but when he comeback to his home he noticed that battery is low, so in tunnel you just waste time faster, they are the same age at the end of the film.
Sep 18, 2023 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to holo-simp
Phantom667 said:

@sayu-simp same.

the premise between characters doesn't make any sense because of the rushed pacing. hahaha
Sep 18, 2023 11:26 AM
May 2023
shuffle_017 said:
@sayu-simp same.

the premise between characters doesn't make any sense because of the rushed pacing. hahaha

yeah it kinda sucks, had so much potential to be an amazing romance but since it's a film it's all been crammed
Oct 25, 2023 10:07 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to holo-simp
Phantom667 said:

@sayu-simp yeah this should be a proper anime instead of a movie that would definitely add more ro the story cuz the direction and plot is good tbh
Oct 25, 2023 10:20 AM
May 2023
m0rt14k3 said:
@sayu-simp yeah this should be a proper anime instead of a movie that would definitely add more ro the story cuz the direction and plot is good tbh

the animation and visuals were through the roof but there is no roof when the foundation is really poor. sad that the poor pacing ruined it.
5 hours ago
Mar 2021
Reply to holo-simp
Phantom667 said:

@holo-simp i kinda feel the same. A bit

More topics from this board

» How can you make an adaptation as bad as this?

eleven_exists - Sep 23

22 by eleven_exists »»
Sep 24, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jutin123 - Sep 9, 2022

162 by Kurtones72 »»
Sep 11, 2:12 AM

» Isn't MC just a self centered, immature Brat (Spoilers of course) ( 1 2 )

Mathi786 - Aug 6

72 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 18, 8:43 AM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

21 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 6, 3:23 PM

» Damn, it's BAD

Akita_Han - Nov 16, 2023

25 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 17, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.