Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Sirius's Arabian Nights play is up, and everyone did their best, as had Lerche's similar animation likening it to Idoly Pride. But this is only the first day, and the rest of the performance rehearsals go like clockwork with Kokona and Yae's closeness with each passing day amounting to rave reviews. The play is certain for Yae to step up, though Kokona's performance isn't slouching either. Yet, the only criticism came from Shizuka telling her that her subpar performance has all been for Yae's progress, which she vehemently denies as she's having fun with her performing on stage, regardless of if she's a stepping stone or not.

By now, Kokona should've noticed that the audience was only looking forward to Yae's performance, and the other nobodies of newbies like Kokona are being put on the wayside. Panda sure noticed this as the days pass, and despite Noa telling Kokona to rest, both the former and Chisa coming to ask her about it, and putting the truth into light, it has unfortunately been weaved that way even before the production ever got started. Kokona trying to find Shizuka, but the matter got worse as the audience's critique ingrains into her, which Kathrina passes by with her exercise to help lift her spirits up. The promise with Shizuka almost forgotten that she'll make Kokona a World Dai Star, and looking for President Shamo which reaffirms that she cannot work without her.

Kokona literally coming into her senses, and with Shizuka, will re-enact Aladdin with their Sense...which is for the better.
Outshine even the best, make nothing into something. 
May 14, 2023 10:20 AM

Dec 2021
For a 12 episode show with no idea if its going to get a 2nd cour, the pacing on this one is very slow where so many things have already happened by the time we reach episode 6 and I'm not even the one that usually complains about slow pacing anime but instead the other way around with some shows going too fast on the pacing.

Regarding Kokona not getting the spotlight unfortunately it happens on some other anime or movies too where a side character overshadows the main character. I really hope Kokona awakens on the stage on the next episode with the help of Shizuka.
May 14, 2023 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
Kokona remember her promise with Shizuka. Glad she managed to recover.

also fun moment when Kathrina was surprised by the hug.

looking forward to next week. :-)
May 14, 2023 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Kokona wasn't oblivious about being eclipsed by Yae but she finally realized how wrong it was, and she wasn't purposely being used by the production but Noah really believes in Kokona too.
May 14, 2023 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
Waste of episode, time and production budget.
May 14, 2023 8:11 PM

Sep 2017
I bet Kathrina heart doki doki so fast when she get hug by Kokona😍 
Next episode the climax i wonder what kinda Aladdin Kokona gonna be and maybe Kokona gonna take Yae heart with her acting too!
May 15, 2023 6:29 AM
Jan 2021
I hate its storywriting. That's not unrealistic.

Yet, politically this benefits the Idoly Pride team, OK just give Manaka Iwami and Hasegawa of their wages ...
May 15, 2023 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
I guess when you have the power of friendship to guide you then who the hell needs a director right
May 17, 2023 6:11 PM
Nov 2018
The weirdest isn't actors developing superpowers "like how evolution works".

What's really weird, and creepy, is a world entirely populated by young girls, with a few older women thrown in for variation.

Even the male roles are played by girls. Even the technicians backstage are girls.

I guess it's for the otaku who wants to watch girls without any scary male competition thrown in.
May 18, 2023 2:19 PM
Nov 2018
Also, the anime misses the following:

-A clear goal (just "become good" doesn't cut it, it should be something like "become good in order to win the contest")
-A sense of urgency (there's no time restriction, like "reach the goal before it's time to fill the roles")
-An antagonist
-A romance
May 20, 2023 2:31 AM

Oct 2007
just a little more before the next episode.

I can hardly wait. :)
May 21, 2023 11:36 AM
Feb 2016
Me gusta el anime.

May 21, 2023 12:35 PM
Dec 2017
> What's really weird, and creepy, is a world entirely populated by young girls, with a few older women thrown in for variation. Even the male roles are played by girls. Even the technicians backstage are girls. 

That's 100% real in tangible Japan. It's called Railway Revue, because the theatre and associated 2-year boarding actor's school are owned by a private railway operator. (The spectacle was created to generate rail traffic to a remote spot after they had failed drilling thermal water for an aquapark.) Girls / young women play all the roles including male characters, like Romeo and there is an upper age limit when they must leave, still young enough to get married. Over 90% of audience consists of ladies and "Lady Oscar - Rose of Versailles" is by far the most popular musical, followed by Elisabeth (a.k.a. Sissi, empress of Austria). I don't know if their technicians are all-female though (probably not, considering how much difficulty they have replacing lightbulbs in real life...)
Jun 7, 2023 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
huh, so they didn't really show us the full play, just parts of the play.

And Kokona finally realized her situation, lol.

Tho apparently it wasn't really the production's aim at making Kokona the "step", it just sorta become that way cause Yae's performance is way better at attracting audience.

And then Shizuka goes missing. Cause she got tired of Kokona being a step and losing herself in becoming an actor herself.

But Kokona got a tip from granny and figured out how to get Shizuka back and is planning to make Aladdin take the focus away from Genie.

Shizuka is technically best girl, LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

16 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 16, 4:59 AM

» German language

DreamingBeats - May 6, 2023

6 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 15, 6:03 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

36 by onlybyjan »»
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 3 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 23, 2023

34 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:45 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 2 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 16, 2023

32 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.