Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2022 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
The game is expected to become available starting January 10, 2023. For reference, the original Japanese version has been available since June of 2021. This is not a rhythm game, although you can see the MV.
You play as the producer from the anime and can exchange sms messages and even receive calls from the idols - although I'm not sure how that would work in the English version. Maybe they will add subtitles?
This game has one of the best, if not the best CG for an anime-based mobile game. Even surpassing Idolmaster.
The story mode is also amazing - it's basically anime. If you like the anime, I would definitely recommend trying it out, it's fun!

the game is up for anyone who wants to pre-register.
game website: https://ip.boltrend.com/en
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Dec 5, 2022 10:04 PM
Mar 2017
Great news, I can’t wait to see Liznoir in 2023
Dec 5, 2022 10:50 PM

Feb 2020
being a JP player i was mildly interested in it, tho now i just hope they don't mess things up even further like the beta test which i tried out. Like:

1. Lots of mistranslation or outright untranslated parts throughout the game, especially regarding skill descriptions: this may or may not be better addressed come release, but it just doesnt seem like they're capable of properly TLing the game
  2. plenty of bugs on their client: it may just be an old client they got from QualiArts (QA) which may have also been used in the early JP days w/similar bugs; however, it just isnt that polished. Could be a beta thing... or a lack-of-care thing...
  3. Unable to properly reroll in the game: they made it so you have to wait 30 days or something to completely delete your account data in-game, thanks to forced-binded Boltrend account?? (cant remember for sure) in JP, all u have to do is delete the data in-game, make a username, then just skip tutorials, but the EN client needs u to hop a few more hurdles. Scummy, to put it simply, could only hope they adjust this

and probably more i cant remember. though the most important thing is their previous records with other games. Boltrend doesn't seem to have a good reputation at all in the mobage community (poorly-managed projects, no communication, etc.), which leads me to question how QA even thought of giving the rights to Boltrend to publish a global version. Just too unfortunate for a game with a decently-sized JP fanbase

I hope yall enjoy the game, but do note that the original JP release may be much more worth spending time in
BoazanianDec 5, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 5, 2022 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
@Boazanian I see, I didn't know about Boltrend's previous record, but here is hoping that they do a good job at maintaining the English version. The beta test is meant to find and fix bugs before releasing the game. In the worst case, they can postpone the release if there are too many bugs needing to be fixed.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Dec 5, 2022 11:52 PM

Feb 2020
DreamingBeats said:
@Boazanian I see, I didn't know about Boltrend's previous record, but here is hoping that they do a good job at maintaining the English version. The beta test is meant to find and fix bugs before releasing the game. In the worst case, they can postpone the release if there are too many bugs needing to be fixed.

I guess yea, most we could do is wait and see. They would have a good few months to tidy things up if it came out in January, just not convinced it's a good job when their Twitter account is basically dead
Dec 6, 2022 4:10 AM

Dec 2021
As a JP player myself, I agree with Boazanian considering I have seen some of the things they are doing with the game on discord with the beta footages. Having to deal with a version that's almost 2 years behind JP in terms of content is just inferior imo considering there's this excitement on guessing about upcoming new content plus we always get the latest stuff in JP. Sure there's some catch like obviously its JP like watching a raw anime but content is up to date.

An iDOLM@STER mobile game named Million Live Theater Days used to have TW and KR versions but the content they have is 2 years behind JP while most of the playerbase were already established in JP as a result, events are mostly dead due to they were events for JP 2 years before and eventually it was shut down after over 2 years of operation.

Source: https://project-imas.wiki/THE_iDOLM@STER_Million_Live!_Theater_Days

Some other games as far as I know try to lessen the gap between JP and overseas versions but better not get hopes up due to publisher having a murky reputation.
TovarishTonyDec 6, 2022 4:15 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

76 by Viok »»
Aug 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

31 by Viok »»
Aug 23, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.