Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2022 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
According to the official justification, the author no longer sees the strength and motivation in himself to "draw sex and boobs" being a married young father. In this regard, after chapter 104 and a formal (intermediate?) happy ending, the manga goes on an indefinite pause.

The last arcs were very random and delusional (usually for this manga, but it was clearly felt that the author was already losing motivation in the last two volumes), but at least this time Rui didn't end up killing characters and dismembering them. What do you think of it? Will you miss this work and/or wait for a cleaner end?
Dec 5, 2022 4:46 AM

Jul 2016
I only read the official English translation.

I have physical volumes 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. (omnibus)

Halfway there.
Dec 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
IpreferEcchi said:

Halfway there.

It’s not that the manga didn’t have problems before the tournament arc, but I can say that it is after it that the plot will begin to have very frank problems like repeating the same ecchi clichés or the disappearance of the last logic in the romantic part of the plot. But these are the last 2-3 volumes.
Sep 30, 3:48 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
IpreferEcchi said:

Halfway there.

It’s not that the manga didn’t have problems before the tournament arc, but I can say that it is after it that the plot will begin to have very frank problems like repeating the same ecchi clichés or the disappearance of the last logic in the romantic part of the plot. But these are the last 2-3 volumes.
@RobertBobert I don't think IpreferEcchi was saying the manga was "halfway there" to being bad. Just that they've read half the series now. Personally I just picked up the 11/12 omnibus, and I hope they finish translating the rest.

As for the hiatus. Stories end, and it's nice to have a decent amount of content without going overboard like some of the bigger series. Though the reasoning sounds like malarkey.
Sep 30, 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to JakTenba
@RobertBobert I don't think IpreferEcchi was saying the manga was "halfway there" to being bad. Just that they've read half the series now. Personally I just picked up the 11/12 omnibus, and I hope they finish translating the rest.

As for the hiatus. Stories end, and it's nice to have a decent amount of content without going overboard like some of the bigger series. Though the reasoning sounds like malarkey.
@JakTenba It took me a while to understand what the conversation was about two years ago and why you decided to continue it. No, I didn't think he was talking about quality. He mentioned that they were halfway to this point, after which I mentioned the problems of the story at this point. But anyway, the manga started publishing again about six months ago. I don't really follow it after that, but it seems to have continued to be episodic softcore without much of a plan.

More topics from this board

» Movie

MenchiK1 - Sep 21, 2021

6 by RobertBobert »»
Oct 2, 3:49 AM

» Manga resumes Serialization March 15 2024

Sinerem - Feb 19

6 by RobertBobert »»
May 2, 9:52 AM

» Shouldn't Mao Mao should get her own spin-off as well?

elmonosuke - Oct 21, 2021

1 by breebearani »»
Dec 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Poll: » Hagure Idol: Jigoku-hen Chapter 76 Discussion

Ealstrom - Sep 15, 2021

2 by Ealstrom »»
Sep 20, 2021 3:23 PM

Poll: » Hagure Idol: Jigoku-hen Chapter 74 Discussion

Sadsadface - Sep 17, 2021

0 by Sadsadface »»
Sep 17, 2021 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.