Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 15, 2022 2:05 PM
Aug 2021
In 2017 there was a long interview to commemorate Aoyama Gosho's 30 years as a professional mangaka (which was also the 30th anniversary of Magic Kaito). In it Gosho has some interesting things to say about the manga and its future.

===

Q: Well then, let's talk about the beginning of Magic Kaito.

A: Previously when I talked about setbacks, I said that the editor of Magazine (T/N: Weekly Shounen Magazine, Gosho first applied for this before moving to Sunday) told me: "If you don't change your drawing style, you can't stay at Magazine anymore." Actually he also said, "Try to draw what you want to draw the most." So after thinking about it seriously, I decided "then let's draw the story of Kaito". Before that, I had drawn a short story called "Nonchalant Rupan" (Sarigenaku Rupan, T/N: Rupan is Lupin), and my assistants liked that story a lot. It was the beginning of "Magic Kaito". One day, I announced that "I have decided to start serializing Kaito", and the assistants cheered for me after hearing it, "Oh oh ~ it's starting!". Therefore, although this may not be a good thing to say, the manga I want to draw the most from the bottom of my heart is "Magic Kaito". Well, I surely shouldn't have said that right? But, actually, I'm quite surprised that fans seem to know that.

Q: I see. For that reason, a memorable series was born. Will it continue in the future?

A: It's still going. It hasn't ended yet. "Magic Kaito" probably won't end until I die. "Conan" will end one day, but this one won't. In fact, I have considered that after the early arc of "Magic Kaito", I'll let Kaito and Aoko open a detective agency. But then I started to draw "Conan" and had him solve various cases, so that development was no longer possible.

====

There you have it. Magic Kaito will never end because it's Gosho's favorite child (you could already see this when some traits of Kaito is based off Gosho himself).

But when will there be a new chapter, that's another story. This year is the series' 35th anniversary but aside from the Twitter account tweeting panels of past chapters, there has been no sign of continuation.

There is also an interesting information from this interview: Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon is inspired by Kid.
Jan 22, 8:09 AM
Jan 2020
2024: Its back while Detective Conan is going indefinite hiatus
Mehehehee
Jan 22, 8:10 AM
Jan 2020
2024: Its back while Detective Conan is going indefinite hiatus
Mehehehee

More topics from this board

» Return of Magic Kaito after 7 years

ren999999 - Mar 18

3 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 21, 9:06 AM

» Will there ever be more chapters?

onpuworld - Apr 28, 2021

2 by Pothepanda496 »»
May 25, 2022 6:10 PM

» Magic Kaito Returns After 3 Years

archit18 - Apr 19, 2017

1 by Roloko »»
Jan 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Poll: » Magic Kaito Chapter 33 Discussion

k11chi - Oct 13, 2014

5 by uzee »»
Oct 23, 2014 3:31 PM

Poll: » Magic Kaito Chapter 32 Discussion

k11chi - Oct 6, 2014

3 by kaneki-ken1 »»
Oct 23, 2014 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.