Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2022 9:59 PM

Dec 2009
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret the story, especially with the ending that makes it even harder to comprehend or reason, but...
Nonetheless, it was very entertaining in its horror and unexplainable manifestations.

The theme of memory and how it can fail us in accuracy is interesting as a concept to create this strange horrific being that, in the beginning of the story, starts from the male protagonist being unable to find his friend's cd player (of which he believes is in his drawer), to then the incident of releasing this female being that haunts the supposed protagonist from anything he or someone near him pulls out after he opens a locked drawer in a forest.

I can't figure out the logic to any of those characters in that horrific story, but in overanlyzing, I wonder what they stem from.
From the supposed male protagonist who's memory has failed after becoming insanely deluded into believing he had a little sister, Sakiko, who has his dead mother's name ... all through mismembering his childhood life with his friends as her events, while the being screams at him to remember throughout the story.

The father who's neglectful towards his son is very curious in wondering why he has that supposed personality.
The friends I can't reason more than simply being used as foundations to remind Rin of his true memory.
The random female secret admirer of his was odd, but aside from that... I guess in the end, the reality is the woman Sakiko has some kind of mental illness and imagined all of this, even though she doesn't have a child while any other character exists, except for her husband who she comes home back to.

Who the fuck knows. I wish the Mangaka would explain, but overall, even though arguably flawed with its incomprehensible meaning, it was entertaining as a short horror and intriguing concept of memory.

Seeing the being come out of several places, dragging the teacher, possessing one friend, all throughout Rin being horrified then lead to become insane with multiple "Sakiko's" surrounding them was fun. 6/10.
Mar 17, 2:21 AM

Oct 2017
This is very interesting. It definitely needed 3-5 chapters more. Really ambitious for a short series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hiki Chapter 1 Discussion

Drumbottle - Mar 15

0 by Drumbottle »»
Mar 15, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.