Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 2022 5:42 PM

Jan 2019
Isn't "daisuki" something you usually only tell to someone you love romantically?

Does the dialogue in ep 11 mean Equa has special feelings for Feles or nah?
May 26, 2022 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
man idk lol I think it was just some bromance
May 26, 2022 8:39 PM

Jul 2015
No. "Daisuki" does not always mean romantic love.

Unless you are some sort of Crusader, who geniuenly does not believe, that two girls can be friends, any sort of interaction between them implies that they are gay and treats lesbian relationship like just a fetish.
Yes, those people do exists.
PieromyslMay 26, 2022 8:55 PM

May 27, 2022 7:30 AM
Jan 2021
Daisuki definitely holds that connotation, but isn't exclusively used that way. It doesn't necessarily mean romantic love, but I'd still say there's a small element of romance in how she said it.
That romance however, doesn't have to be sexual, and I don't feel like Equa has sexual feelings for either Ferres or Martese. As SawsyMikey puts forward, it comes off more as a "bromance" type of love.
A true sense of love and appreciation for the other party, without any sexual desire.

Now think about everything these girls have gone through, all the times they've had to trust and rely on one another to make it through all the rough situations - how many times they've kept each other safe and how many times they've been hurt for one another. Now add in mundane day to day things they do together, further making memories together, getting more and more intimate with the idea of being around one another.
Now add on the fact that she's had it made very, very clear just how dearly Ferres feels about Aqua, and Aqua has to face that.

That's the kind of stuff that binds people together. I would say there's an element of romantic love, but no sign of sexual desire.
May 29, 2022 3:15 PM

Jan 2019
Kippershy said:
Daisuki definitely holds that connotation, but isn't exclusively used that way. It doesn't necessarily mean romantic love, but I'd still say there's a small element of romance in how she said it.
That romance however, doesn't have to be sexual, and I don't feel like Equa has sexual feelings for either Ferres or Martese. As SawsyMikey puts forward, it comes off more as a "bromance" type of love.
A true sense of love and appreciation for the other party, without any sexual desire.

Indeed, and I wasn't necessarily talking about sexual desire. It could be just platonic love, as you described.

I definitely do feel think that the show has been pretty clear on Feles' (and specially Martes') feelings towards Equa being a little more than just friendship, but, on the other hand, no such hint had been given for Equa's feelings towards them. So, at the very least, I do believe that choice of word was stronger for Feles as she heard it than as Equa might have intended for it come across.

Kippershy said:
Now think about everything these girls have gone through, all the times they've had to trust and rely on one another to make it through all the rough situations - how many times they've kept each other safe and how many times they've been hurt for one another. Now add in mundane day to day things they do together, further making memories together, getting more and more intimate with the idea of being around one another.
Now add on the fact that she's had it made very, very clear just how dearly Ferres feels about Aqua, and Aqua has to face that.

That's the kind of stuff that binds people together. I would say there's an element of romantic love, but no sign of sexual desire.

I agree, this is a good explanation. I figured that "daisuki" was just a stronger "I love you" and not necessarily implied romantic love, but I still think there's a romantic element to it, at least from Feles' side. Anyway, thank you for the thoughts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Estab-Life: Great Escape Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 30, 2022

18 by Deago »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Estab-Life: Great Escape Episode 1 Discussion

fourberie - Mar 23, 2022

32 by Deago »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:18 AM

Poll: » Estab-Life: Great Escape Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 1, 2022

25 by Stealth012 »»
Sep 21, 2022 4:04 AM

» Episode... 13!?

removed-user - Jun 8, 2022

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 9, 2022 6:10 AM

Poll: » Estab-Life: Great Escape Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 25, 2022

10 by Viewland »»
Jun 1, 2022 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.