Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 2022 4:48 AM
Mar 2022
Anyone else like me hoping that one day they decide to tell the routes of the three other girls? It's a long shot, but I would have really liked to see the other girls and how their stories with the MC play out. A lot of people think this was generic but I disagree. It's not everyday you get an anime that uses the omnibus format to tell romance stories. At the very least, this wasn't a harem where the MC gets all the girls.

If they do come around to making it, I hope they remember why there was such a backlash to this anime in the first place and give the other girls a good ending. Hopefully that will lead to good sales and maybe another season similar to Amagami SS+ where all the 6 girls (specifically Hikari) get a continuation to their romantic story with the MC.
May 17, 2022 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
not really maybe the continuation of just the first arc because let's be serious the rest were nothing in comparison
May 17, 2022 5:46 AM
Dec 2021
The first arc definitely hooked me for more, but the rest were bland imo.

I don't think this will get an continuation, even if it will, the chance is very slim.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 17, 2022 6:58 AM

Oct 2019
Bad reception. Poorly in sales (Compared to its predecessor) and overall people didn’t really like what they did with the stories.
Maybe not living up to the expectations (Based in the same world of Amagami and KimiKiss) but the cast not being as memorable or colorful as them maybe could have had something to do.
The bar was quite high since Amagami SS is one of the originals and one of the best (If not THE best) in using the Omnibus Format.
It would be good if they could finish what the Studio started and had in mind but at the end of the day it all comes to profits and demand. And neither of those will be a good number for the producers so is a very slim chance we could get another season to wrap up the show (With the remaining 3 girls)
May 18, 2022 3:55 AM
Mar 2022
LGD-Valtar said:
not really maybe the continuation of just the first arc because let's be serious the rest were nothing in comparison

I kinda liked the stories after Hikari's arc, especially Kyouko's arc but maybe that's because I like romances between childhood friends.
May 18, 2022 4:00 AM
Mar 2022
RandomGuyScott said:
Bad reception. Poorly in sales (Compared to its predecessor) and overall people didn’t really like what they did with the stories.
Maybe not living up to the expectations (Based in the same world of Amagami and KimiKiss) but the cast not being as memorable or colorful as them maybe could have had something to do.
The bar was quite high since Amagami SS is one of the originals and one of the best (If not THE best) in using the Omnibus Format.
It would be good if they could finish what the Studio started and had in mind but at the end of the day it all comes to profits and demand. And neither of those will be a good number for the producers so is a very slim chance we could get another season to wrap up the show (With the remaining 3 girls)

From what I remember, the show seemed to be doing well until they botched the conclusion to Hikari's arc. A lot of people seemed to like her character so they decided to retaliate by cancelling their orders on the DVDs. I think that backlash forced the writers to make sure to give the other two girls happy endings instead of the ambiguous ending that Hikari received. By that point though, I think it was too late and they pissed off the fans that the other arcs didn't receive good reception.

And yeah, I know profits dictate a lot with regards to anime making but maybe they can still find a way to revive this show and make a profit off of it. Maybe make a dating sim similar to Amagami and sell that? Though I find it odd why they didn't go with that route first.
May 18, 2022 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
I would like a continuation, but they basically shoot themselves in the foot by ending Tsuneki's arc the way they did, thus killing the franchise. At least Amagami had a proper conclusion.
May 18, 2022 4:17 AM
Mar 2022
Illyricus said:
I would like a continuation, but they basically shoot themselves in the foot by ending Tsuneki's arc the way they did, thus killing the franchise. At least Amagami had a proper conclusion.

No complaints from me there. Well, with regards to Amagami's first season, I believe Rihoko's arc was a letdown to many since she didn't get a happy ending like everyone else did. I think that's the problem with Seinen. It's like the writers for this took the worst arc and decided they would open up with a story like that. Still, they rectified that later on in Amagami SS+ and I'm hoping (even if it's futile) that one day they come back to this, finish the stories of the three remaining girls then make a Seinen+ where they can finally go back to Hikari and do her arc justice.
Jun 10, 2022 1:07 PM
Mar 2020
Came back after 5 years, this is probably my 3rd time of rewatching this anime. Answer is definitely yes, I would like the other 3 get into the anime especially to see how would they do with Miu, dating a girl from other school is actually rare in anime AFAIK.

I had to say, as a big fan of Enterbrain's IPs, Seiren isn't too bad overall although however, only Kyouko's arc that has the same spirit like Amagami SS, everything seems to be natural and wholesome in Kyouko's arc.

Miyamae is too bland of a character (Sadly) and even more bland plot but she still has some sweet moments in it, I still give her arc an approval, can't come close to arcs from Amagami SS though.

The only thing that drags this anime (And whole franchise) down is Tsuneki's arc, I don't really like her arc and plot (Maybe Tsuneki isn't my type of a character and it's clear they go for the fanservice route with Tsuneki) but I understand why 90% of the audience developed feelings to her, with that said, although I don't like her and her arc, her ending is the icing on the cake because I also got pissed off, sympathizing for character that I don't like is just extraordinary, it gave the idea just how bad they screwed up with the plot. Tsuneki is just Rihoko 2.0.

Overall, I'd still give this anime a 8/10 because I'm biased towards omnibus anime but Kyouko's arc has saved this anime. The whole anime is slightly better than Photokano but Photokano itself was just too rushed and It's impossible to ace omnibus anime that has 8 characters within 13 Episodes only.

And I want to speculate, Seiren official Twitter last activity is August 2021, they retweeted a pixiv booth link for Seiren merchs.
They might still planning something out, at least that I was hoping for but I believe Kisai Takayama took the biggest hit for this one since he's pretty much the one that responsible for the script.
Jun 16, 2022 10:51 PM
Mar 2022
EgatammaN said:
Came back after 5 years, this is probably my 3rd time of rewatching this anime. Answer is definitely yes, I would like the other 3 get into the anime especially to see how would they do with Miu, dating a girl from other school is actually rare in anime AFAIK.

I had to say, as a big fan of Enterbrain's IPs, Seiren isn't too bad overall although however, only Kyouko's arc that has the same spirit like Amagami SS, everything seems to be natural and wholesome in Kyouko's arc.

Miyamae is too bland of a character (Sadly) and even more bland plot but she still has some sweet moments in it, I still give her arc an approval, can't come close to arcs from Amagami SS though.

The only thing that drags this anime (And whole franchise) down is Tsuneki's arc, I don't really like her arc and plot (Maybe Tsuneki isn't my type of a character and it's clear they go for the fanservice route with Tsuneki) but I understand why 90% of the audience developed feelings to her, with that said, although I don't like her and her arc, her ending is the icing on the cake because I also got pissed off, sympathizing for character that I don't like is just extraordinary, it gave the idea just how bad they screwed up with the plot. Tsuneki is just Rihoko 2.0.

Overall, I'd still give this anime a 8/10 because I'm biased towards omnibus anime but Kyouko's arc has saved this anime. The whole anime is slightly better than Photokano but Photokano itself was just too rushed and It's impossible to ace omnibus anime that has 8 characters within 13 Episodes only.

And I want to speculate, Seiren official Twitter last activity is August 2021, they retweeted a pixiv booth link for Seiren merchs.
They might still planning something out, at least that I was hoping for but I believe Kisai Takayama took the biggest hit for this one since he's pretty much the one that responsible for the script.

Oh wow, didn't know they were still selling merch of this series. That's actually nice. Also didn't know that they have a Pixiv booth. Do you have a link for that?
Jun 18, 2022 9:14 AM
Mar 2020
Jeje2020 said:
EgatammaN said:

Oh wow, didn't know they were still selling merch of this series. That's actually nice. Also didn't know that they have a Pixiv booth. Do you have a link for that?

You can check their Twitter, the booth also sells Amagami merchs but like I said, they retweeted it in August 2021 so not sure about availability.

https://twitter.com/anime_seiren

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.