Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2023 6:54 AM
Nov 2022
Insufferable main protagonist
Dec 29, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2021
Not enjoying it, dropping. Anyway, here's what the text scroll said at the beginning of the episode, in JP and English, since Crunchyroll didn't bother to translate it.

You guys are on your own for the other ones.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Feb 5, 2:36 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to slvrcofe21
I don’t care what anyone says. This anime is a fun watch. There are several times when I lol’ed. The ghosts passing on thanks to Alvin. Karla’s responses and trying to wink. Her lullaby was hysterical. How can anyone sleep with those lyrics? 😂 it’s a laid back, funny show and I’m here for it.
slvrcofe21 said:
it’s a laid back, funny show and I’m here for it.

Same ditto. I think this "laid back" approach doesn't work for many viewers. We don't even use the term -- "Slice of Life" (which some viewers already call "boring") is the better-known genre, and SoL more often refers to the *setting* rather than the actual behavior of the characters, who can be as genki as any shounen.

I like how this anime subverts the tropes without being too in-your-face with it, aside from the manzai. No scantily-clad big-boobed females in the party (though the OP promises some later), the FMC isn't falling in love with the MC, no suggestion of an epic quest (the entire episode quest is "gathering herbs"), and the monsters don't automatically attack the MC. (In fact, Alvin may be the most dangerous character in the anime, as he assumes fighting is the only answer, yet is fully aware that he's not capable of doing it.)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

105 by Snedis »»
Feb 25, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

» What makes this bad? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - May 7, 2022

67 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 4, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.