Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2022 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
I always feel weird when these work related anime come around, because most of the time they seem to glorify the Japanese tendency to overwork or at least normalize the depressing work culture of Japan.

On one hand I can understand the aim of those shows of making a relaxing anime that represents the average Japanese work experience, with endless overtime and a rather strict environment, but on the other find it kind of disturbing to see the destructive behavior accepted as normal without any reflection.

For me, these shows are quite the sad experience.
Apr 11, 2022 11:49 PM

Jul 2015
Actually, no.
Japan is currently undergoing reform, aiming at reducing work hours to prevent overworking or something like that.

Apr 12, 2022 12:50 AM
Apr 2021
I know what you mean. I love japan but I could never live there because of the work culture.

If they are going through a reform then that's great news. I imagine it will take years though
Apr 13, 2022 5:01 AM

Sep 2010
zwolf12 said:
I always feel weird when these work related anime come around, because most of the time they seem to glorify the Japanese tendency to overwork or at least normalize the depressing work culture of Japan.

On one hand I can understand the aim of those shows of making a relaxing anime that represents the average Japanese work experience, with endless overtime and a rather strict environment, but on the other find it kind of disturbing to see the destructive behavior accepted as normal without any reflection.

For me, these shows are quite the sad experience.
Hm... does it really normalize it or glorify it? I've only seen one episode of this, but it looks more like Fushihara's working hours are so excessive and illogical that even the little ghost girl can see that she should go home earlier.
Apr 14, 2022 1:18 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I hope that this kind of anime will lead the Japanese to realize the need to UNIONIZE

Apr 16, 2022 6:49 AM

Nov 2010
Takata said:
Hm... does it really normalize it or glorify it? I've only seen one episode of this, but it looks more like Fushihara's working hours are so excessive and illogical that even the little ghost girl can see that she should go home earlier.
In the second episode there's another worker doing the exact same thing.
Apr 19, 2022 8:01 AM

Aug 2017
For real I've seen way too many anime about how so and so is a corporate slave and then how they relieve their stress from it

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 19, 2022 10:25 AM

Nov 2010
Remocracy said:
For real I've seen way too many anime about how so and so is a corporate slave and then how they relieve their stress from it

My problem with it isn't that this happens, but how it is portrait. I mean that it happens is the sad reality, but making it okay, because magic and warmth of a home make it worth it, is the problem.
Like, you can't change it, but if you work really hard to the point you are basically killing yourself, and you might get lucky and find warmth and relaxation.
Because, well, you could change it, a shitty situations isn't set it stone. Isn't that what is happening in American right now? People quit their underpaid and shitty jobs, and now corporations cry that there is worker shortage. Workers just didn't want to put up with corporate bullshit anymore.
In Japan it needs a culture shift, people have to realize how stupid it is to work long hours, when working efficiency is absolute garbage, and a fully rested worker could have done the same job in half the time.
zwolf12Apr 19, 2022 10:30 AM
Apr 19, 2022 10:37 AM

Aug 2017
zwolf12 said:
Remocracy said:

My problem with it isn't that this happens, but how it is portrait. I mean that it happens is the sad reality, but making it okay, because magic and warmth of a home make it worth it, is the problem.
Like, you can't change it, but if you work really hard to the point you are basically killing yourself, and you might get lucky and find warmth and relaxation.
Because, well, you could change it, a shitty situations isn't set it stone. Isn't that what is happening in American right now? People quit their underpaid and shitty jobs, and now corporations cry that there is worker shortage. Workers just didn't want to put up with corporate bullshit anymore.
In Japan it needs a culture shift, people have to realize how stupid it is to work long hours, when working efficiency is absolute garbage, and a fully rested worker could have done the same job in half the time.
That's the root problem. China, Korea, and Japan all have really bad worker culture problems. It might stem from the idea of filial piety or whatever, but expecting someone to dedicate the entirety of their lives to one thing is really bad because it is just asking for someone to exploit this.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai. Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2022

28 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Oct 5, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 7, 2022

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Oct 3, 1:09 AM

» Can i ask something.....

SakurakoMikage - Mar 31

3 by A-lil-weeb-dog »»
Apr 2, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai. Episode 2 Discussion

Serafos - Apr 14, 2022

37 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:40 AM

Poll: » Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai. Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 5, 2022

31 by RixxEXE »»
Aug 22, 2023 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.