Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (English Edition)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 20, 2022 11:52 AM
Apr 2021
(Sorry if you can't understand because I've written this in French, if you find a way to translate it, please don't hesitate to answer in English)

Quand j'ai vu le clip *Me me me* réalisé par Hibiki Yoshizaki pour la Nihon Animator Mihonichi, sorti en 2014/2015, j'ai tout de suite pensé à Stocking de Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, et je me suis demandé à quel point il s'était inspiré des personnages de PSG et de toute la création de Hiroyuki Imaishi car c'est : mêmes thématiques abordées, même compositeur de la musique (Teddyloid), références directes aux personnages de PSG (genre sa culotte/les chaussettes de Stocking) ; bref, bien que Hideaki Anno, celui qui a très largement organisé la Nihon animator mihonichi puis qui a embauché peu de temps après Hibiki Yoshizaki dans son studio, soit sûrement ami avec Hiroyuki et qu'ils ont travaillé ensemble sur la Nihon Ani, c'est quasiment plus qu'une simple inspiration, alors que Hibiki n'avait pas encore de notoriété, n'a pas de lien direct avec PSG, que Anno n'a pas travaillé sur PSG et qu'il avait quand même déjà quitté Gainax il y a un certain temps si je dis pas n'importe quoi.

Et puis quand j'ai vu que Anno et Hiroyuki avaient beaucoup participé à la Nihon Ani j'ai commencé à me poser d'autres questions et j'ai trouvé des trucs un peu bizarres bien que je ne sois pas sûr, c'est la que je requiert votre avis :

Le principe de cette série collaborative, dont Anno est principal contributeur, c'était apparemment de faire découvrir les nouveaux réalisateurs et les promouvoir, alors oui on y voit des artistes peu connus qui sont mis en avant, mais il y a aussi beaucoup d'épisodes où c'est carrément de la pub pour Evangelion, alors que c'est probablement l'unique franchise qui ait jamais rapporté de l'argent à Gainax puis à Hideaki Anno par la suite. Après on se rend compte que Hiroyuki, Sushio et Akira Amemiya (c'est à dire le staff de Hiroyuki chez Gainax qu'il a amené avec lui chez Trigger) ont eux aussi participé, notamment pour faire de la pub à leur anime SSSS Gridman, alors qu'ils ont fondé Trigger quelques années auparavant et que leur réputation n'est probablement plus à faire avec Kill la Kill déjà sorti en 2013.

Mais alors quel était le but de cette émission ? Faire la promotion des nouveaux réalisateurs ? Ou bien y avait il une seconde finalité ? Par exemple, créer une sorte de (mauvais/bon ??) prétexte pour permettre aux tout nouveaux studios sortis de la faillite de Gainax (donc Trigger et Khara Studio) de se faire de la publicité entre eux sans se gêner et faire des références à leurs propres œuvres respectives, de quand ils étaient encore chez Gainax et de leurs nouveaux studios ? Bref je me fait probablement des idées mais je me demandais si c'était pas révélateur de quelque chose (ou bien absolument pas ? Peut être était ce juste une sorte d'hommage rendu à ces piliers de chez Gainax, sans intentions particulières ? C'est même probable, c'est un très bon moyen de rendre la série attractive et d'attirer d'autant plus le regard sur tout les réalisateurs, ceux qui étaient encore méconnus inclus), et c'est pour ça que j'en parle ici.

Attention bien évidemment, je ne remet absolument pas en cause la légitimité des réalisateurs qui ont participé, ils méritaient sans aucun doute d'être mis en avant, qu'ils soient venus de Trigger ou pas, je me pose juste des questions. Beaucoup étaient effectivement des réalisateurs peu connus venus pour être mis en avant. Mais quel rôle ont bien pu joué Hideaki Anno et Hiroyuki Imaishi dans la mise en avant de leurs propres création dans une émission consacrée aux nouveaux réalisateurs, même si l'un n'empêche pas l'autre ? Ou plutôt je devrais demander : quelles étaient leurs intentions premières ?
TMTR_MathiasMar 20, 2022 12:02 PM
Mar 20, 2022 1:20 PM
Apr 2021
I've translated it, just in case (sorry if the English isn't correct):

When I saw the video *Me me me* directed by Hibiki Yoshizaki for the Nihon Animator Mihonichi, released in 2014/2015, I immediately thought of Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and I wondered to what extent he was inspired by the characters of PSG and all the creation of Hiroyuki Imaishi because it is: same themes addressed, same composer of music (Teddyloid), direct references to the characters of PSG (like her panties/stocking's socks); in short, although Hideaki Anno, the one who organized the Nihon animator mihonichi very widely and then hired Hibiki Yoshizaki shortly after in his studio, is surely friend with Hiroyuki and that they worked together on the Nihon Ani, it is almost more than a simple inspiration, whereas Hibiki had not yet any notoriety, has no direct link with PSG, that Anno didn’t work on PSG and that he had already left Gainax some time ago.

And then when I saw that Anno and Hiroyuki had participated a lot in the Nihon Ani I started to ask myself other questions and I found some strange things although I’m not sure about it, that’s where I need your opinion:

The principle of this collaborative series, of which Anno is the main contributor, was apparently to make discover the new directors and promote them, so yes we see little known artists who are put forward, but there are also a lot of episodes where it’s downright advertising for Evangelion, when it’s probably the only franchise that has ever made money for Gainax and then Hideaki Anno. Then we realize that Hiroyuki, Sushio and Akira Amemiya (that is to say Hiroyuki’s staff at Gainax that he brought with him to Trigger) also participated, especially to advertise their anime SSSS Gridman, whereas they founded Trigger a few years ago and their reputation is probably not to be made with Kill la Kill already released in 2013.

But then what was the purpose of this show? To promote new directors? Or was there a second purpose? For example, creating a kind of (bad/good??) pretext to allow the brand new studios that have come out of the bankruptcy of Gainax (so Trigger and Khara Studio) to advertise each other without hesitation and make references to their own respective works, from when they were still at Gainax and their new studios? Anyway, I’m probably getting some ideas, but I was wondering if it wasn’t revealing something (or absolutely not? Maybe it was just a kind of homage paid to these pillars of Gainax, without any particular intentions? It is even probable, it is a very good way to make the series attractive and to attract all the more the eyes on all the directors, those who were still unknown included), and that is why I am talking about it here.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, of course, I do not question the legitimacy of the directors who participated, they definitely deserved to be put forward, whether they came from Trigger or not, I just wonder. Many were indeed little-known directors who came to be showcased. But what role did Hideaki Anno and Hiroyuki Imaishi play in putting forward their own creations in a show dedicated to new directors, even if one does not prevent the other? Or rather I should ask: what were their primary intentions?
TMTR_MathiasMar 31, 2022 1:23 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Oct 1, 2015

51 by AoButa16 »»
Oct 11, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 13 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 12, 2015

30 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Mar 2, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 35 Discussion

Iconoclast - Oct 8, 2015

32 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 33 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 24, 2015

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 32 Discussion

Intereo - Sep 17, 2015

35 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 16, 7:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.