Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2021 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
So she definitely was a Replicant after all, in fact just like the others she couldn't originally fight back, but powered through after something weird happened in her eyes...

And it looks like there's a ring of corrupt government officials that just like hunting replicants for sport while spouting for their rights on the surface. Typical. Police Chief might be next on her list.
Nov 27, 2021 9:31 PM
Jun 2020
Nevermind she's a Replicant.
Nov 27, 2021 10:14 PM

Jul 2011
I know I should be horrified by the Replicant hunt, but the part that got me in distress was Elle trying to break Joseph PC gamer. Which hopefully she didn't ended really breaking.
Nov 27, 2021 10:47 PM

Oct 2019
Damn, wonder why she broke free. Intense urge to fight back? or something/someone altered her restraints?
BlichoBoy said:
I know I should be horrified by the Replicant hunt, but the part that got me in distress was Elle trying to break Joseph PC gamer. Which hopefully she didn't ended really breaking.

Haha, I feel that right there.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 28, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
So the police chief is trying to sweep Davis' solid evidence under the rug because he was involved in the Doll Hunt!
Nov 28, 2021 1:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ngl I think the soundtrack alone is what is single-handedly keeping me watching this.

Some shots of the city at night look like a next-gen game cutscene with rtx on. Then the humans look like ps2 graphics

But DANG the SOUNDTRACK.. MMMM ugh oh daddy baby it's so good

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Nov 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that was a dark episode. Poor Elle had to go through that trauma once again. All of those replicants and poor Miu died for no reason. No wonder Elle is engulfed in anger and wants to have her revenge on all of them.

Looks like she's getting closer to the people who did that to her and all of the others.
Nov 28, 2021 5:29 AM

Feb 2015
Seems like my assumptions were true. We know that Wallace is trying to find a way to lift the ban on replicant production (not gonna happen until 2036). Hunted replicants were new/modified Nexus prototypes. Memory implemented and supposed to be submissive. Maybe They were planning to convince lawmakers with the hunt footage? The only mystery is who interfered and what is black lotus.
Police Chief now wants to cover this whole thing that he also involved in and probably gonna assign a Blade Runner to hunt down Elle.
Nov 28, 2021 7:26 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A flashback episode in which Elle recalls her memory of being hunted down as a repiclant for sport and now she wants revenge. However, finding these people is going to be impossible for her since she is still a wanted criminal. Meanwhile Davis has connected the dots regarding Black Lotus and knows that the suspect is a replicant, but the police chief told her to drop the case and is going to use her evidence to track Elle down. I wonder why Davis left the Blade Runner program? The plot thickens.
Nov 29, 2021 5:55 AM

May 2016
My biggest questions here ::
How the heck she changed her clothes she was wearing a bikini, and while she was in the truck how did she wear the boots she was barefoot????
They must answer these questions and then this anime will be complete gold 👌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2021
The biggest issue is that they marketed this as anime and of course that brought the massive wave of childish anime fans who love to get everything spoonfed and complain about looks. You never saw this silly CGI debate in the original Clone Wars, because they just marketed it as a Star Wars cartoon series to expand on the universe. Blade Runner should've done the same, partnering with Crunchyroll was a bad move.
Nov 30, 2021 2:22 AM
Mar 2016
Ahoy17 said:
The biggest issue is that they marketed this as anime and of course that brought the massive wave of childish anime fans who love to get everything spoonfed and complain about looks. You never saw this silly CGI debate in the original Clone Wars, because they just marketed it as a Star Wars cartoon series to expand on the universe. Blade Runner should've done the same, partnering with Crunchyroll was a bad move.

No, it‘s because the characters look like from cutscenes on PS2/Xbox/GC/Wil or early PS3/360. This series isn‘t over 10 years old. It‘s from the year 2021…
Nov 30, 2021 2:30 AM

Nov 2021
the-cst said:

No, it‘s because the characters look like from cutscenes on PS2/Xbox/GC/Wil or early PS3/360. This series isn‘t over 10 years old. It‘s from the year 2021…

So, just because a series is from 2021 they need to stick to a certain animation standard? I still don't see what's the big issue. It's the equivalent of giving a videogame a low rating because of the graphics instead of the actual gameplay/story.
Nov 30, 2021 2:50 AM
Mar 2016
So, just because a series is from 2021 they need to stick to a certain animation standard? I still don't see what's the big issue. It's the equivalent of giving a videogame a low rating because of the graphics instead of the actual gameplay/story. [/quote]

There is a big difference between gameplay and story. Please don‘t write them just as one thing of game.

By the way: In your message before this you‘ve just mentioned the looks and not the other possible problems of this series.
Dec 2, 2021 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
I don't have words to say.... just giving rating to the episode 3/5.
Dec 5, 2021 6:57 AM
Apr 2016
LoliSenpai0x said:
My biggest questions here ::
How the heck she changed her clothes she was wearing a bikini, and while she was in the truck how did she wear the boots she was barefoot????
They must answer these questions and then this anime will be complete gold 👌

She just took the clothes of the dead people around her, certainly?

The main issue for me, was the fact that they have cinematographic video footage of Elle fighting a hunter lol. And why does the dude hosting Elle has this footage. Seems pretty random and convenient for me
Mar 13, 2022 8:14 PM
Oct 2019
how many times do we have to watch this hunting scene?

the whole premise that they don't want to shoot them from a distance because it's no fun is completely ruined by the fact that shooting them from any distance when they literally cannot attack you or defend themselves should also be not "fun"

then she decides to go on a rampage in this dude's apartment because...idk, the director thought it was be cool?

idk. i just don't have patience for this right now.
Jul 20, 2023 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
AHA I instantly could tell the police chef is one of the hunters at the first words he said, this voice is so unique. Isn't that Ootsuka Houchuu ? or is it someone who sound like him ?

This anime isn't on his record but it does sound like him.
TitadouJul 20, 2023 10:32 AM
Sep 3, 2023 10:00 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting flashback.
Is she really human? If she's a replicant, which Nexus is she? How come her eyes turn like that, and she can bypass a replicant's inability to harm humans?
Franky is such an asshole for hurting and killing those pretty girls!
May 30, 2:28 PM

Mar 2019
Wouldn't it be smarter to take the other car key and keep it instead of throwing it away? (⁠٥⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 10 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 15, 2022

12 by Jonas-K »»
May 30, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 8 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 1, 2022

12 by Jonas-K »»
May 30, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 1 Discussion

koluffy - Nov 14, 2021

44 by Jonas-K »»
May 30, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 13 Discussion

Vysarine - Feb 5, 2022

26 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:58 AM

Poll: » Blade Runner: Black Lotus Episode 12 Discussion

Vysarine - Jan 29, 2022

9 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.