Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 1, 2021 7:20 AM

May 2014
After watching the first season, I was really optimistic. Maybe in the S1 art/animations weren't glorious or chapters speed wasn't fitted enough to storyline, but in overall it was a good show.

I started reading the manga and I was even more convinced, that is great title. That's why I was hyped for the second season.

Unfortunately, the S2 turned out to be worse than the first!
They gave us in second half of S2 a filler (supposedly from LN). The entire arc on the island has been neglected. Character development was tragic. I felt no attachment to the people who died but the authors made a drama of it at all costs, which resulted in few facepalms during watching. All because the story was flattened and carried out too quickly. This is the biggest disadvantage.

On the irony, the filler was better than the first half and it had moments of surprises, but after all, didn't add anything to the whole story (or just confused the threads unnecessarily compared to the manga). Also pros: soundtrack and OP/ED.

What do you think? Did they screwed up this season?
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Nov 1, 2021 8:45 AM
Jan 2021
Actually I enjoyed the orc half better than the filler arc. At least in the first half the characters remained the same. Anyways I still liked this season for Yotsuya alone lol
Nov 1, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
It's a shame because I believe it has a lot of potential. Wasted with the accelerated plot events not giving enough time to care an develope the main characters and the secondary characters (who I also believe are great characters and have interesting stories to tell).
Nov 1, 2021 10:47 AM
Feb 2021
I hated this second season for all the reasons you mentioned in your thread but first was also so average that I was not hyped or had any expectations from the second overall this show is meant to be neglected I don't know if manga is better or not and also I get to know about filler arc after reading your thread I doubted that this was some really poor written show..
Nov 1, 2021 10:58 AM
May 2019
I have to disagree with you, imo, this season was much better than the previous one, sure, it was kinda flat, but it was better, they were talking about issues that are usually neglected, i.e. the fact that they're the bad ones in the island arc, and overall it was an interesting arc, the arc after that, was decent, they had some flaws and I didn't get attached to the characters who died, unlike in the previous arc, when Kahabell got old and died. But overall, this season was a step in the right direction, I hope we'll get season 3.
But I'm also kinda disappointed that we didn't get what we were promised at the end of the previous season, them being in space would've been interesting
Nov 1, 2021 12:30 PM
Jan 2019
Yeah same. Underwhelmed for sho

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

47 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 8, 1:16 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

34 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

65 by bpleshek »»
Jan 1, 7:19 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

75 by dhell26 »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.