Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 5, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 2021
Is it just me or is every episode out of order. Topics are discussed about things like we should already know and care about them, and Then shown later but not in the way of a flashback. It makes the story seem jumbled and worse than it really is because the story is actually good.
Aug 5, 2021 11:57 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Chrisx8 said:
Is it just me or is every episode out of order. Topics are discussed about things like we should already know and care about them, and Then shown later but not in the way of a flashback. It makes the story seem jumbled and worse than it really is because the story is actually good.

Yes, the production decided to scramble the chronological order and explained why in the anime main page. By now 6 episode came out, with the 6th being immediately subsequent to 5th but before the event of the 3rd, so the order should be 4-1-2-5-6-3, and there is more in between stuff to come. I agree with you, they are just messing up an interesting story.
Aug 5, 2021 2:50 PM
Jan 2021
It’s so annoying it’s ruining the show for me
Aug 5, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2020
Thrasher96 said:
Chrisx8 said:

Yes, the production decided to scramble the chronological order and explained why in the anime main page. By now 6 episode came out, with the 6th being immediately subsequent to 5th but before the event of the 3rd, so the order should be 4-1-2-5-6-3, and there is more in between stuff to come. I agree with you, they are just messing up an interesting story.

It hasn’t bothered me too much until now. This latest episode really screws it up for me.

Now I can’t figure out why they decided this would be a good idea. Usually when they mess with chronology to convert manga to anime there’s a good reason for it. But this just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s still good, I like the art style, I like the story. But blatantly obvious things being out of order are annoying. I kinda want to drop it and watch it in the proper order when it’s done.
Aug 5, 2021 4:59 PM
May 2020
I’m thankful people are talking about it because I was starting to think I was insane. I can’t even comprehend why they would do it?
Aug 5, 2021 9:42 PM
Jan 2021
tobythesandwich said:
Thrasher96 said:

It hasn’t bothered me too much until now. This latest episode really screws it up for me.

Now I can’t figure out why they decided this would be a good idea. Usually when they mess with chronology to convert manga to anime there’s a good reason for it. But this just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s still good, I like the art style, I like the story. But blatantly obvious things being out of order are annoying. I kinda want to drop it and watch it in the proper order when it’s done.
yeah I'm doing the same , for now I'm keeping it on hold and when it finishes airing I will watch it in order
Aug 6, 2021 2:07 AM
Dec 2020
Chrisx8 said:
the manga is in the correct order the anime is really confusing. There is just this part inbetween what ill call 'marriage vamp' and 'city gon' they just completely removed like that happened to 'monster'
Aug 6, 2021 5:25 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
tobythesandwich said:
Thrasher96 said:

I agree, until the episode 4 still made sense to me because it could be considered as a sort of prequel to the first 3 episode, although I think that the first ep in the right order would have been a perfect set up for the whole story and would have worked well to catch the interest of the wiever.
After the latest episode I assumed the producer did this only to leave his print on the series, but this feel more like an ego boosting operation that will be remembered infamously.
Aug 6, 2021 5:44 AM
Jul 2020
Thrasher96 said:

I agree, until the episode 4 still made sense to me because it could be considered as a sort of prequel to the first 3 episode, although I think that the first ep in the right order would have been a perfect set up for the whole story and would have worked well to catch the interest of the wiever.
After the latest episode I assumed the producer did this only to leave his print on the series, but this feel more like an ego boosting operation that will be remembered infamously.

Agreed. I don’t mind if they have to shuffle things. Whether it be for ease of animation or better explanation of a character. But this feels like they literally just made it in order and then scrambled it around. The worst part is the show is obviously suffering for it. So many people are upset by the shuffle (which I didn’t really get until now). All they’re doing is reducing their chances of people either buying the source material, or really caring about it.
Aug 6, 2021 9:32 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
tobythesandwich said:
Thrasher96 said:

Agreed. I don’t mind if they have to shuffle things. Whether it be for ease of animation or better explanation of a character. But this feels like they literally just made it in order and then scrambled it around. The worst part is the show is obviously suffering for it. So many people are upset by the shuffle (which I didn’t really get until now). All they’re doing is reducing their chances of people either buying the source material, or really caring about it.

Indeed I am rating this show a 6/10, because I am considering the official order which is unfortunately the on air order, but if they left the chronological one I might have given this a 7/10.
About viewers less willing to buy the source material I am not sure, usually wrecked adaptations incentivize people to read the manga to get the story as it's supposed to be, especially with readers stating the manga is better. I have seen discussion like that in the forum about many anime.
Aug 6, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2021
No It isn’t just you.

It’s honestly getting super annoying and it’s ruining the show for me.
Aug 6, 2021 11:20 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Lmao, it's only ruining the show for seasonal watchers

gonna binge in the correct order.

Haven't watch but this feel like a bad remix timeline version of Haruhi which they try to replicate.

Someone will make a proper order for Peach Boy after it finish.
Fuwa_sanAug 6, 2021 11:23 AM

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.