Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 30, 2021 8:57 AM

Mar 2021
Is this only me or does anyone else feel the same.
I mean, I'd rather read the manga instead of continuing the anime.
the story is good, but due to the way it is narrated in the anime, its really confusing as well as boring.
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.
I mean, how are we supposed to understand the story if it's this fucked up?
Jul 30, 2021 9:03 AM
Oct 2020
Yeah its annoying and sucks cause this actually seems like a decent story. I like the characters and the premise a lot but the jumping around just disconnects everything
Jul 30, 2021 9:05 AM
Apr 2020
I’m sorry but your wrong the anime is amazing
Jul 30, 2021 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
I like it. I don't think it's that hard to understand
Jul 30, 2021 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
RamanathPai said:
the story is good, but due to the way it is narrated in the anime, its really confusing as well as boring.
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.
Yeah I agree on this with you... It's really frustrating when a good story gets fucked up just because of it's narration...I don't know why they did this ... Like what's the point of doing this 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Jul 30, 2021 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
Dontbetaken said:
I like it. I don't think it's that hard to understand

take for instance the second episode ending
the village gets destroyed and everyone are so shocked
3rd episode, that guy grator is fighting in an arena to win the prize nd ends with sally and kibitsu and that dark guy on a standoff. I agree animation style and fights are well created, but why misarrange the episodes.
they could've normally aired it chronologically
Jul 30, 2021 9:11 AM
Jan 2021
lgght-249 said:
yeah anime is amazing but it would have been more amazing if they would have kept the continuity of the episodes....if you see the rating is keep getting low because of that after each episode...and it is really annoying at the ending of episode 2 & 3 they left us on a big cliff hanger but both of them haven't answered yet that what happened after that ... We just keep waiting that in next episode they will answer us that what happened after that but episode 4 was a flash back ( or supposed to be 1st episode ) episode 5 was a different story and next episode will be also a different story and just because of this the anime is getting a low score and it's annoying :(
Jul 30, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
Stop crying. This anime isn't confusing. It's like a mystery anime. Things aren't always making sense by the first few episodes. Watch more and connect the dots, it's not complicated.
Jul 30, 2021 9:26 AM
Mar 2021
Hrybami said:
Stop crying. This anime isn't confusing. It's like a mystery anime. Things aren't always making sense by the first few episodes. Watch more and connect the dots, it's not complicated.

I totally agree with you.
Jul 30, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 2021
Hrybami said:

no it isnt a "mystery anime", the events in the manga are ordered normally, but the anime is re-ordering them for no apparent reason.
Jul 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Sep 2018
Hrybami said:

It’s not supposed to be a mistery anime. The manga is amazing and the story is great as is, there was no reason to rearrange the episodes this way
Jul 30, 2021 9:40 AM
Apr 2016
Ye I read the manga and rearranging the episodes is just dumb and ruining it. It's why I've just been watching the chronological version. Also no it's not supposed to be a mystery its the director who thinks that they're a smartass who also did Gekidol which I've heard is also trash.
Rohul1997Jul 30, 2021 9:46 AM
Jul 30, 2021 9:56 AM
Nov 2020
If you can’t handle time jumps, I don’t know what to say. The flashbacks are included because that’s when the director/author decided the audience should learn of the past. In medias res is a popular way to start a story and not knowing things adds to the suspense. It’s definitely not a masterpiece, but the writing is just fine and I would argue it’s above average.
Jul 30, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
I like the series so far, I do not think that the chronological disorder affects much when watching a series, the story is not that complex (I am not saying it is bad) if I am honest, it is more difficult for me to understand the chronological order of Suzumiya , the truth.
LAIK4Jul 30, 2021 10:07 AM
Jul 30, 2021 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
Sinovexx said:
Hrybami said:

no it isnt a "mystery anime", the events in the manga are ordered normally, but the anime is re-ordering them for no apparent reason.

I didn't say it WAS a mystery anime. I said it's LIKE a mystery anime. It's not the end of the world if things are revealed in a different order, like, at alll. This works well in a mystery anime for example, so why couldn't it work in a non-mystery anime? Flashbacks aren't something new and aren't restricted to mystery anime only.
Jul 30, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
I waited till ep4 came out... only to realize episode 3 and 5 are 9 and 7.... just why??
Jul 30, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2021
Hrybami said:
RamanathPai said:
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.

Just wait for all the episodes to get posted then watch again
It's like what they did with "garden of sinners"
Jul 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Mar 2021
Felix-sama said:
Hrybami said:
RamanathPai said:
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.

Just wait for all the episodes to get posted then watch again
It's like what they did with "garden of sinners"

thats the plan Z..... lol
Jul 30, 2021 10:27 AM
Feb 2021
RamanathPai said:
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.

Where do you get this information??
Jul 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2021
Arthagrawal said:
RamanathPai said:
Ep 1 is Ep 2
Ep 2 is Ep 3
Ep 3 is Ep 9
Ep 4 is Ep 1
and Ep 5 is Ep 7.

Where do you get this information??

checked it in wikipedia
Jul 30, 2021 10:48 AM
Jan 2020
I'm thinking I'll just wait for it to finish and then someone will upload a list of what to be watched in order hopefully.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Jul 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Jan 2021
Hrybami said:

Hrybami said:
Sinovexx said:

I didn't say it WAS a mystery anime. I said it's LIKE a mystery anime. It's not the end of the world if things are revealed in a different order, like, at alll. This works well in a mystery anime for example, so why couldn't it work in a non-mystery anime? Flashbacks aren't something new and aren't restricted to mystery anime only.

"so why couldn't it work in a non-mystery anime?" because it doesn't work, simple as that.
so far there's like zero reasons why this would ever work on non-mystery anime, what even is the point of making these reveal when you can just do it normally?
Jul 30, 2021 5:47 PM

Sep 2014
BunnyBaronBarma said:
Hrybami said:

Hrybami said:

"so why couldn't it work in a non-mystery anime?" because it doesn't work, simple as that.
so far there's like zero reasons why this would ever work on non-mystery anime, what even is the point of making these reveal when you can just do it normally?

There's plenty of example of anime with non-linear timeline and it proved to work. I don't know what makes people think it doesn't work when we previously had Baccano, Haruhi, Princess Principal, Jintai...

But I guess people expectation in creativity recently decreased. You need to provide a homogeneous narrative and explain literally everything othetwise people would get confused and would rant. Seriously, the state of the anime community has never been this worse before.
Jul 30, 2021 8:42 PM

Oct 2010
It is not about creative versus standard.
It is about getting worse product.
Not because creative approach is bad per se.
But because director and scriptwriter and whoever involved lack the skill and understanding to make it work.
You can not just shuffle episodes and call it 'non-linear storytelling'. Because it is not.
Carefully planned and prepared flashback has nothing common with messed chapter order.
To see that just take any book and read it backwards. You won't get better story unless it's dictionary.
Jul 30, 2021 9:01 PM

May 2011
geptor said:
But because director and scriptwriter and whoever involved lack the skill and understanding to make it work.
You can not just shuffle episodes and call it 'non-linear storytelling'. Because it is not.
Carefully planned and prepared flashback has nothing common with messed chapter order.
To see that just take any book and read it backwards. You won't get better story unless it's dictionary.

Yup totally agree with you on this. I don't mind if they do time skips in story if it is done in the right way. However in this case they did not make it the right way and I think this actually hurts the story.
Jul 30, 2021 11:13 PM
May 2019
lgght-249 said:
yeah the anime is good but the adaptation of the manga to the anime is wonkers man shits not in order
Jul 31, 2021 5:59 AM
Jun 2016
Hrybami said:
Baccano, Haruhi, Princess Principal, Jintai...

-Baccano: mystery with multiples pov that explore different 3 different events set in different times
-Haruhi: slice of life
-Princess Pricipal: standard storytelling in medias res with standard flashbacks
-Jintai: still a good anime despite the bad achronological order
-Peach Boy Riverside: clusterfuck that destroys all pathos and characters' arcs and doesn't even conclude the events its narrating
Jul 31, 2021 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
Hrybami said:
BunnyBaronBarma said:

There's plenty of example of anime with non-linear timeline and it proved to work. I don't know what makes people think it doesn't work when we previously had Baccano, Haruhi, Princess Principal, Jintai...

But I guess people expectation in creativity recently decreased. You need to provide a homogeneous narrative and explain literally everything othetwise people would get confused and would rant. Seriously, the state of the anime community has never been this worse before.

I'll believe you that all the ones you mentioned are doing it right since I've never watched them, but this is not the right anime to do the same. if your definition of creativity is to make the story so out of order that you can't even connect the dots, then I don't know what to say to you.
Jul 31, 2021 2:05 PM

Aug 2018
I generally don't mind changes in the broadcast order, but man, this one is retarded. It makes no sense. It's like playing 3 arcs at the same time, I never watched such a dumb order ever... and I have watched my fair share of shows.
Jul 31, 2021 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
Hrybami said:
BunnyBaronBarma said:

You are reading too much into it... In an interview the staff told that the reason they did this was so that the audience wouldn't be confuse and think the protagonist was Mikado instead Sally...
Which was a stupid reason, since if it were released in chronological order no one even with less of half a brain would think that, seriously what was on their heads with this decision.

It's not some grandiose matter of creativity or that the anime community state has decreased or some other anime watcher elitist bullshit. This was just bad decision with production of the show.
Jul 31, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2020
I’ve been enjoying it. Story has been fine to follow. Is it a 10/10? Nah. But it works for me and I’ll finish it.

But I’m just a casual viewer, fuck me right?
Jul 31, 2021 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
geptor said:

Of course if there was no logic behind the order it would be bad. The thing is that so far every episode has a logic for its placement and nothing was spoiled beforehand. All the characters were introduced in their respective episodes and the original first episode (actual first episode) served as Sally's and Mikoto's flashback. The only downside is the jarring transition between the episodes which should be something expected when watching something out of order.

Arylon said:
Hrybami said:
Baccano, Haruhi, Princess Principal, Jintai...

-Baccano: mystery with multiples pov that explore different 3 different events set in different times
-Haruhi: slice of life
-Princess Pricipal: standard storytelling in medias res with standard flashbacks
-Jintai: still a good anime despite the bad achronological order
-Peach Boy Riverside: clusterfuck that destroys all pathos and characters' arcs and doesn't even conclude the events its narrating

Well unlike Haruhi, Peach Boy didn't spoil. And unlike Baccano, Peach boy isn't confusing. Still looks fairly similar to the other two.

It will conclude the events in its narrating. I don't know what you're talking about. It's not a different story or different characters arcs lol. Watching it in chronological or release order won't change the narrating. The only difference is the order of the events and the revelations.

BunnyBaronBarma said:
Hrybami said:

I'll believe you that all the ones you mentioned are doing it right since I've never watched them, but this is not the right anime to do the same. if your definition of creativity is to make the story so out of order that you can't even connect the dots, then I don't know what to say to you.

Why can't you connect the dots? Just a reminder that you're not supposed to be able to connect everything together until the end. The order has barely any influence on the narrative so far. The order has been easy to follow up until now and followed a certain logic.

...that sounds like the argument of a source purist who will criticize any modifications made to an anime.

Snaita said:
Hrybami said:

You are reading too much into it... In an interview the staff told that the reason they did this was so that the audience wouldn't be confuse and think the protagonist was Mikado instead Sally...
Which was a stupid reason, since if it were released in chronological order no one even with less of half a brain would think that, seriously what was on their heads with this decision.

It's not some grandiose matter of creativity or that the anime community state has decreased or some other anime watcher elitist bullshit. This was just bad decision with production of the show.

I know it's easier and more amusing to just call people's decisions dumb rather than trying to understand them. I don't think it's a matter of grandiose creativity either, but at least some of these decisions were creative and coherent. You're on something with anime watchers. People's intolerance of change is breathtaking.

But anyway, if you don't want to watch it in the release order, then just wait until the season finish airing. I've been pretty tired of homogeneous narrative lately and found this anime to contain some welcomed fresh air and I believe it's more entertaining to watch it that way, at least to me.
Aug 1, 2021 2:58 AM

Jun 2012
Hrybami said:

I know it's easier and more amusing to just call people's decisions dumb rather than trying to understand them. I don't think it's a matter of grandiose creativity either, but at least some of these decisions were creative and coherent. You're on something with anime watchers. People's intolerance of change is breathtaking.

But anyway, if you don't want to watch it in the release order, then just wait until the season finish airing. I've been pretty tired of homogeneous narrative lately and found this anime to contain some welcomed fresh air and I believe it's more entertaining to watch it that way, at least to me.

You were the one who talked about people expectation on creativity or that the anime community state, I just quoted you

As I mentiioned in my previous reply the release order were not chosen to be different or to give a different experience or to be creative and coherent... good god there is other streaming platform in Japan releasing in chronological order instead of this one, which just makes the whole decision even more stupid. Because the shows you gave as an example only had 1 release order and at least they sticked with it until the end, instead of having 2
Aug 1, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2010
Hrybami said:

Of course if there was no logic behind the order it would be bad. The thing is that so far every episode has a logic for its placement and nothing was spoiled beforehand. All the characters were introduced in their respective episodes and the original first episode (actual first episode) served as Sally's and Mikoto's flashback. The only downside is the jarring transition between the episodes which should be something expected when watching something out of order.

Nothing was spoiled? Are you kidding? We dabble into manga info just to understand wtf is going on because of those "jarring transitions". E.g. whole first episode (aired as 4th) had only Sally twintails form as new element. Everything else was pretty much known or devised from other episodes. 18 of 20 minutes wasted.
Hrybami said:

Why can't you connect the dots? Just a reminder that you're not supposed to be able to connect everything together until the end. The order has barely any influence on the narrative so far. The order has been easy to follow up until now and followed a certain logic.

If logic is easy feel free to explain it in 500 letters. 'Watch and see' does not count. I am kinda stupid so enlighten me.
Hrybami said:

...that sounds like the argument of a source purist who will criticize any modifications made to an anime.

But anyway, if you don't want to watch it in the release order, then just wait until the season finish airing.
I've been pretty tired of homogeneous narrative lately and found this anime to contain some welcomed fresh air and I believe it's more entertaining to watch it that way, at least to me.

I repeat. It is not about changes. It is about result quality. Are changes make better product or not?
Show content itself was not modified to adapt for new air order and to make story coherent. But it will be proper story when viewed in proper order.
Custom air order is just a mind game of too-smart-ass director who envy of Haruhi creators.
And if you prefer some creative narrative just find something that suit you tastes instead of telling me how I should watch this one.
Aug 1, 2021 6:15 PM

May 2021
The modifications in the airing order doesnt work because they are 100% not done with such in mind. There is no way that a human with a working brain would think that airing such 4th episode (1st episode) after having those 3 episodes was a correct decision. The episode make almost no sense in terms of developing the story further because we know EVERYTHING that happened there. That episode could have been a 2 minute flashback and it could work better. The problem is not that it isnt easy to follow (Well, it kinda is when whenever the episode start you have to think where the fuck you are supposed to be, but it gets clear eventually), but that most of the changes are completely worthless. The only current reasoning behind this order could be to add suspense to the decision of Sally in the 3rd episode (Maybe the episodes before it would spoil way too much?) but I'm pretty sure that there could be a better way to do so

Aug 2, 2021 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Gween_Gween said:
The modifications in the airing order doesnt work because they are 100% not done with such in mind. There is no way that a human with a working brain would think that airing such 4th episode (1st episode) after having those 3 episodes was a correct decision. The episode make almost no sense in terms of developing the story further because we know EVERYTHING that happened there. That episode could have been a 2 minute flashback and it could work better. The problem is not that it isnt easy to follow (Well, it kinda is when whenever the episode start you have to think where the fuck you are supposed to be, but it gets clear eventually), but that most of the changes are completely worthless. The only current reasoning behind this order could be to add suspense to the decision of Sally in the 3rd episode (Maybe the episodes before it would spoil way too much?) but I'm pretty sure that there could be a better way to do so

The reason why they release this way... forget it I'm tired... if you want to now just scroll up
Aug 2, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2021
Snaita said:
Gween_Gween said:

The reason why they release this way... forget it I'm tired... if you want to now just scroll up

I read it before you way it, is still stupid. What I meant is that it was a brilliant idea probably made up after doing the whole thing, otherwise it doesnt make a little sense to do the whole 4th (1st) episode, like the fuck

Aug 3, 2021 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
Gween_Gween said:
Snaita said:

I read it before you way it, is still stupid. What I meant is that it was a brilliant idea probably made up after doing the whole thing, otherwise it doesnt make a little sense to do the whole 4th (1st) episode, like the fuck

The stupid thiing that I waas talking about is that the 4th (1st) was actually released simultaneously with the 1st (4th) in Japan on some streaming service, so it's really like the fuck
Aug 5, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Here to address everyone's problems, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Either stick the the chronological version (whch you can find on streaming services in Japan or wng it on nyaa) or the TV broadcast version (which comes out on subs).

You can never find a more-than-fucked-up timeline than this for no apparent reason. Some friends I've spoken to have said that the TV broadcast version has a better start than if this show had started chronologically.
Aug 5, 2021 12:08 PM

Feb 2019
How is 3 after 5 when carrot and the knight is already traveling with them? Personally I don't like the anime either but the order isn't what makes it bad
Aug 5, 2021 2:56 PM

Jun 2017
It's very faithful to the manga actually but they just decided to air out of order which is too whacky.

It's probably best to wait for all of it to air then reorganize the eps according to timeline.
Aug 5, 2021 5:13 PM
May 2020
I think if the anime was in the right bloody order it would be quite good but it’s very frustrating how it’s jumbled about.
Aug 7, 2021 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
People crying in the comments about a perfectly fine mode of storytelling. I fear that they watch something more complicated and good like Serial Experiment lain and can grasp what are you watching. O something more simple like any other form of disjointed fiction.
Aug 8, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2013
I'm just gonna wait until it stops airing and watch it in order. If the first season doesn't tie the story together then that will be really sad.
Aug 8, 2021 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
I don't think it's necessary bad because I like the episodes. It's just frustrating that it's all jumbled up. I'm probably just going to wait until the end of the season and watch it all at once.
Aug 8, 2021 9:37 PM
Aug 2014
Hrybami said:
But here is the thing... the source material isn't supposed to be. That is the thing. It is not like that because the anime director thought it was good to mess up the order. I rather just read the manga than deal with this.
Aug 8, 2021 9:49 PM
Aug 2014
sarcasmosrevenge said:
People crying in the comments about a perfectly fine mode of storytelling. I fear that they watch something more complicated and good like Serial Experiment lain and can grasp what are you watching. O something more simple like any other form of disjointed fiction.

Not everything needs to have complex storytelling or be disjointed to be good though. Especially if the source material itself didn't do it. That is the thing. I can figure out the things about this and figure out what is happening but I don't want to (or go back to this is after this is done airing). When I could easily look at the manga and forgot about all of this. It is upsetting. This is not like this is the best manga of all time or that complicated. I am going to go out on a limb that the manga itself follows a fellow simple story all things considered. Which is not a bad thing.
Aug 8, 2021 10:01 PM
Sep 2020
Air in the wrong order so they can sell blueray in the correct order.

Creating the problem then sell the solution for the problem they created

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.