Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2021 5:59 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
So like the title says I want to get into this show and I tried to watch the OVA from a long ago and I just couldn't get into it was so boring for like the 15 episodes I watched I was literally bored out of my mine. I might like this one better as it is newer but I have to know why is the score so bad compared to the OVA? Is because it doesn't have good animation or did the story change a lot?
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jan 21, 2021 7:15 PM
May 2016
I haven't watched the OVA, but watched the show on Netflix and thought it was quite good. What I really like is how the characters are portrayed, the different societies and the scenarios. It was worth the while for me, but lacked a bit of interest in the plot per se.
K4Z0K4Jul 13, 2022 6:57 AM
Jan 22, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
Started watching this myself only when the die neue these were airing, and after getting into it and finished the first season, went to watch the old anime. I don't know what was about it but I couldn't continue after few eps... Haha, the storyline goes a bit differently from die neue these.
Started to read the novels then! The new anime follows the novel so much better, and it looks nicer to me lol.

The score might be because old fans prefer the "original" anime, or new viewers go in with high hopes to only get the beginning...?

Can't say but give it a try lol ^___^
Jan 22, 2021 5:33 PM

Oct 2017
DragonYuk said:
So like the title says I want to get into this show and I tried to watch the OVA from a long ago and I just couldn't get into it was so boring for like the 15 episodes I watched I was literally bored out of my mine. I might like this one better as it is newer but I have to know why is the score so bad compared to the OVA? Is because it doesn't have good animation or did the story change a lot?

It depends on what you found boring about LOTGH. I think the pacing is rushed personally and good OVA episodes were cut. Some characterization I think is a bit off like Reinhard but it's not that huge. He feels more colder in the new version which I am not really a fan of.

The other common reason is many people don't like the designs which I would agree somewhat outside of two (I don't like OG Julian design so even the basic new one is better I like Annerose here too). There are a few decent ones like Yang's but they feel more distinct in the OVA. Kircheis though especially not a fan.

The battles are more dynamic which you might find more interesting IDK. Outside of that LOTGH is still basically a space opera with a heavy focus on this analysis of authoritarianism and democracy through a lot of conversation and dialogue. That hasn't changed.

Though yeah it's not such a massive jump in quality that the difference in score indicates. It was interesting seeing some scenes with newer animation even if I still prefer the original. Though honestly most of the reason it got downvoted mainly pertain to the art style as that is what the most common complaint I saw for it.
BilboBaggins365Jan 22, 2021 5:40 PM
Jan 22, 2021 5:36 PM
Jan 2018
Summing up: [the plot for both is the same thing but you might say that the OVA is more detailed, i liked so much more of the Die Neue These because of the animation and the soundtrack so you should watch the first 2 episodes of the remake just to compare.
Maybe the new version has a lower score because the people who dont know the fame of the OVA drop to early or simply because they dont understand the greatness of the plot. It's just the diference in public for the OVA and the remake i think.]

I started watching Die Neue These when started airing and when it finished became one of my favorite animes.

After that i watched the OVA just to see why the diference in the score and i think is because of the diference in public, the OVA is more detailed and has a few extra scenes but i dont think that the new version stays behind, i watched the OVA only one time (and only 26 episodes witch was what new version adapted so far) and the Die Neue These a couple of times so i dont remember to much to compare both but for me their both pretty good.
Feb 17, 2021 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
I can't get into the whole old style and atmosphere at all, so I'm really looking forward to this. I think I could like it a lot story- and maybe character-wise too.
Maybe watch the old one too, I dunno ~
removed-userFeb 18, 2021 3:39 AM
Jun 12, 2021 3:30 AM
Nov 2019
taruto said:
Started watching this myself only when the die neue these were airing, and after getting into it and finished the first season, went to watch the old anime. I don't know what was about it but I couldn't continue after few eps... Haha, the storyline goes a bit differently from die neue these.
Started to read the novels then! The new anime follows the novel so much better, and it looks nicer to me lol.

The score might be because old fans prefer the "original" anime, or new viewers go in with high hopes to only get the beginning...?

Can't say but give it a try lol ^___^

What are the major changes between two???
Jun 12, 2021 3:32 AM
Nov 2019
BilboBaggins365 said:
DragonYuk said:

It depends on what you found boring about LOTGH. I think the pacing is rushed personally and good OVA episodes were cut. Some characterization I think is a bit off like Reinhard but it's not that huge. He feels more colder in the new version which I am not really a fan of.

The other common reason is many people don't like the designs which I would agree somewhat outside of two (I don't like OG Julian design so even the basic new one is better I like Annerose here too). There are a few decent ones like Yang's but they feel more distinct in the OVA. Kircheis though especially not a fan.

The battles are more dynamic which you might find more interesting IDK. Outside of that LOTGH is still basically a space opera with a heavy focus on this analysis of authoritarianism and democracy through a lot of conversation and dialogue. That hasn't changed.

Though yeah it's not such a massive jump in quality that the difference in score indicates. It was interesting seeing some scenes with newer animation even if I still prefer the original. Though honestly most of the reason it got downvoted mainly pertain to the art style as that is what the most common complaint I saw for it.

Is there any major change in the STORY???
Jun 12, 2021 3:34 AM
Nov 2019
RadioYactive said:
Summing up: [the plot for both is the same thing but you might say that the OVA is more detailed, i liked so much more of the Die Neue These because of the animation and the soundtrack so you should watch the first 2 episodes of the remake just to compare.
Maybe the new version has a lower score because the people who dont know the fame of the OVA drop to early or simply because they dont understand the greatness of the plot. It's just the diference in public for the OVA and the remake i think.]

I started watching Die Neue These when started airing and when it finished became one of my favorite animes.

After that i watched the OVA just to see why the diference in the score and i think is because of the diference in public, the OVA is more detailed and has a few extra scenes but i dont think that the new version stays behind, i watched the OVA only one time (and only 26 episodes witch was what new version adapted so far) and the Die Neue These a couple of times so i dont remember to much to compare both but for me their both pretty good.

Are those scenes important to STORY???
Jun 12, 2021 5:20 AM
Jan 2018
DoctoRojack said:

Are those scenes important to STORY???

No, the remake don't cut any important content i think (i watched a long time ago), but thinking right now i think the original is more easier to understand because it adds more explanation to the viewer, the remake is more straight to the point because it lacks those scenes. But it's no big deal really both versions have the same plot executed in the same way, so personally i always recomend the Remake because better animation and soundtrack.
Jun 12, 2021 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
DoctoRojack said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

Is there any major change in the STORY???

In terms of major events not really for instance the Iserlohn Fortress capture is a lot longer where it seemed way too easy to me in the remake. They cut the OVA episodes which focused a lot more on the ordinary soldiers during the FPA invasion of the Empire something I wish LOTGH did more going forward. The FPA short story really added to the tragedy of the failed invasion in my opinion. They were very good episodes. Other things like the Kastrop Rebellion made more sense in the original since they had a super weapon where in the remake it didn't really make sense why he thought he could break away without immediately being destroyed.

I can't say for the films covering the Civil War I haven't seen those yet.

Those are minor things and really outside of making Reinhard a bit colder in my opinion in the remake and the character designs which I said my views on again the remake is fine. Though again even though they are small to me it was significant it might not be for you it was more for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.