Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 29, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2019
Okay so how tf did Arthur kept up with Shinra in this fight, I call BS, season 1 put up some great potential but that's all gone just because of this BS fight, this is NnT all over again, where season 2 everyone strength is broken, don't tell me they'll introduced power levels now

So for those who forgot, Shinra goes toe to toe with someone who can stop time but somehow Arthur can keep up in speed? BS

Did he just pulled a Maka "courage" Albarn?

Jul 29, 2020 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
power of (false) belief makes Arthur stronger like he believes he is the king of knights

Jul 29, 2020 7:04 AM

Nov 2019
deg said:
power of (false) belief makes Arthur stronger like he believes he is the king of knights

Sure but that's not how physics works inb4 it's anime

Sure he gets stronger by strong false belief but physically against someone with that speed, NO, heck even precognition and prediction won't justify that crap, coz even if you predict someone's movement, if you're too slow it won't matter
Jul 29, 2020 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
@YggdraSEED

this show is soft science fiction and not hard science fiction (that concerns realistic science like physics)

and besides Shinra is not as powerful when he fought his brother since he got no blessing from the evangelist this time via that Adolla Link
Jul 29, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2019
@deg still, he is too fast, was literally vanishing before their eyes, Arthur doesn't have the physical prowess for that even for this show's logic, added Shinra was 1. Fighting with a style Arthur just seen 2. It's safe to assume the possession powered up Shinra temporarily

With these points we have the biggest insult in any battle shounen fight in history
Jul 30, 2020 2:51 PM
Jun 2020
@YggdraSEED there’s no evidence Shinra was getting a power up from being controlled. The only person who got stronger during the fight was Arthur and he’s already considered Shinra’s equal. Arthur reacting to high speed isn’t new, he was able to react to Sho’s severed universe albeit not dodging it completely.

Arthur was holding his own against him while being amped himself and neither of them were at their full strength really. Shinra wasn't under the evangelist grace and Arthur wasn’t at max delusion. Nothing illogical at all about the fight tbh
Jul 30, 2020 10:01 PM

Nov 2019
@treejoh okay so he dodged Sho, I get it with Shinra, he's literally a walking jet engine but Arthur? How? He has a light saber, what justify his physical speed? None

And didn't Arthur got fodderized in season 1, Shinra defo way ahead of Arthur after season 1 yet this kinda crap still happens smh
Jul 30, 2020 10:37 PM
Jun 2020
@YggdraSEED Arthur was able to react to Sho because he’s got great eyesight and is able to react to quick movements. Just because he uses a sword doesn’t mean he can’t also be physically strong, go back to season 1 when they fought the talking infernal, Arthur was knocking it around barehanded with ease.

Ogun also confirmed Arthur and Shinra were equals in their academy days since they fought all the time with no clear winner.

As for being fodderized in season 1, shinra was aslo defeated rather quickly by Sho. In fact it wasn’t even til he acquired grace through linking that it even became a fight. Shinra is fast without grace but Arthur being able to hold his own isn’t an asspull since he was amped himself. And Shinra was landing hits too so it’s not like Arthur was stomping him or anything
treejohJul 30, 2020 10:47 PM
Jul 31, 2020 6:42 PM

Oct 2017
Arthur when in imaginative mode is always stronger, it's almost a joke in the series.
It is similar to Tamaki's undressing joke.
Aug 1, 2020 1:08 AM

Nov 2019
@treejoh lmao okay so he has a good eyesight, that means what? Ya know what don't answer that

And about Ogun, it's an opinion, he doesn't have a Geiger counter or something to say oh yeah they're both over 9000, and he didn't saw Shinra's multiple fights in season 1 especially against Sho

At this point I agree with most people here, it's nothing more than a gag like with Tamaki's lucky lecher, Arthur is weak, period, but if it's a gag, okay from now on I'll let it slide even if he pulls a deus ex machina for the last boss, I'm done taking this show seriously, just another Fairy Fail, never even like Soul Eater to begin with
Haunt88Aug 1, 2020 1:12 AM
Aug 1, 2020 8:30 PM
Jun 2020
@YggdraSEED Arthur has been established as Shinra’s rival since his introduction lmao. Just cause you don’t like it doesn’t make it not true.

And Ogun literally trained with them in the academy and broke up multiple fights that neither of them got the upper hand on each other, you’re just choosing to ignore these points lmao. Shinra barely increased in strength from season 1 to now anyway. His light speed is very conditional. Not to mention Arthur also trained with the same people and improved as well.

Arthur is not weak by any means, Shinra has been getting bodied the past 3 episodes by a man without an adolla burst while Arthur is handling a pillar.
treejohAug 1, 2020 10:34 PM
Aug 1, 2020 8:35 PM

Oct 2017
treejoh said:
@ YggdraSEED Arthur has been established as Shinra’s rival since his introduction lmao. Just cause you don’t like it doesn’t make it not true.

And Ogun literally trained with them in the academy and broke up multiple fights that neither of them got the upper hand on each other, you’re just choosing to ignore these points lmao. Shinra barely increased in strength from season 1 to now anyway. His light speed is very conditional. Not to mention Arthur also trained with the same people and improved as well.

Arthur is not weak by any means, Shinra has been getting bodied the past 3 episodes by a man without an adolla burst while Arthur is handling a pillar.

Yeah, Shinra is one of the weakest shounen protagonists, Arthur is more naturally stronger and more lethal with the plasma sword.

Even when Shinra manages to get stronger, Arthur is always 1 step up.
Aug 1, 2020 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
@Chanbara I wouldn’t say Shinra’s a weak MC, cause compared to his peers like Deku, Asta, or Tanjiro he’s clearly higher on the scale. I’d say it’s that Fire Force has a relatively balanced verse and it makes Shinra seem weaker than he is.

Gotta remember that he recently became a fire soldier and never really had any training other than the academy. As the series grows he’ll grow too. Same with Arthur.
Aug 1, 2020 10:52 PM

Oct 2017
treejoh said:
@Chanbara I wouldn’t say Shinra’s a weak MC, cause compared to his peers like Deku, Asta, or Tanjiro he’s clearly higher on the scale. I’d say it’s that Fire Force has a relatively balanced verse and it makes Shinra seem weaker than he is.

Gotta remember that he recently became a fire soldier and never really had any training other than the academy. As the series grows he’ll grow too. Same with Arthur.

True, you're right.
Aug 3, 2020 5:13 AM

Nov 2019
@treejoh the show doesn't need to established they're rivals, pretty clear in op and ed and the show establishing it with Arthur's ass pulls, they aren't doing a good job that's all it is

Ignore what points lol, they fought Ogun 2v1 big deal, and Shinra and Arthur fought yeah but it's a spar, that's not really an argument, coz at that point if they fought both blood lusted and going for the kill, Shinra would've been sliced to pieces, idk why you bring this irrelevant argument when my argument where past this events, Shinra's fights and him learning how to control his speed and Ogun's advice to him are AFTER all that training was over, see how irrelevant your argument is, them training was way past when Shinra got strong and improved his control and became even faster

But my bad coz yeah Arthur is not weak, I take it back, that was definitely an overstatement BUT, man you can't deny the ass pulls of Arthur, there's no way he's stronger or even close to Shinra at this point, hence ass pull, he's a gag character, like come on, chuunibyou power? Tf lol
Dec 11, 2020 3:49 PM
Jun 2014
Aside from that shit fight, couldnt they have made a better rival? arthur is just perfect in everything. Show jokes with him sometimes, but he is perfect and not just that, he's an ass. Fairy tail for example did it right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.