Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
Seriously... The presence of Haruko in the show alone made my rating be lowered by 3 points.

I liked Kana and the rest of the girls in the show, but whenever Haruko was showing up I was getting so pissed off. I was not like that in the original FLCL, I didn't consider Haruko to be annoying as much as these last two movies.

Only kids would laugh at Haruko's supposed to be "comedy". And not to mention the stupid fight scenes and stuff...

The same case goes for Fairy Tail, with the presence of Lucy! Just stop bringing annoying and stupid characters into your shows!
Apr 16, 2021 11:30 AM
Apr 2016
salahaddin94 said:
Seriously... The presence of Haruko in the show alone made my rating be lowered by 3 points.

I liked Kana and the rest of the girls in the show, but whenever Haruko was showing up I was getting so pissed off. I was not like that in the original FLCL, I didn't consider Haruko to be annoying as much as these last two movies.

Only kids would laugh at Haruko's supposed to be "comedy". And not to mention the stupid fight scenes and stuff...

The same case goes for Fairy Tail, with the presence of Lucy! Just stop bringing annoying and stupid characters into your shows!

Then you didn t get the story at all. Haruko is a metaphoric character. She has to be stupid and absurd, you must hate her, to understand that YOU re the one who is wrong about how to manage your life. She is a punk, a forever annoying child, who messes up everything, but at the same time, she is the only one that wasn t flattened by the society and its conformities.

Also, in episode 6, she explains that you shouldn t care about what people think of you. That s exactly what you are doing, judging her, but she s telling right at your face that she doesn t care. And that you shouldn t about what other think about you, or else your personality will disappear while you re trying to look good for other and lying about yourself (like some characters did throughought the season)

In addition, Haruko is a metaphoric character for puberty. Is puberty annoying? Yes. And it s a bit chaotic and violent for some young people who didn t expect it.

So yes, she is annoying. That s the point. If she was not lile that, she would completely loose the meaning of her character. You want to delete her? I m glad you re not the director, you would have completely ruined the show!

Hope it helps.
Franck_NicolasApr 18, 2021 10:46 PM
Jun 12, 2022 2:26 PM

Jan 2020
People who see metaphors in Haruko are just projecting their own insecurities into the show.

>She has to be stupid and absurd, you must hate her, to understand that YOU re the one who is wrong about how to manage your life.
Lolwut? I don't even hate her. She's funny and interesting, with great voice acting. Not even once while watching the show, have I had the crazy thoughts mentioned by the user above.

>In addition, Haruko is a metaphoric character for puberty. Is puberty annoying? Yes. And it s a bit chaotic and violent for some young people who didn t expect it.
She's not. She's not even human, so the concepts of puberty don't apply here. She's just a wild animal chasing her own goals and putting everything else as 2nd thought. It's as simple as that. Again, you're trying to find a hidden meaning in something that doesn't have one.
Sep 16, 10:47 PM

Nov 2015
@GennosukeKouga no, what ruined the show are these girls being soo uninteresting.

đź’˘

More topics from this board

Poll: » FLCL Alternative Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2018

80 by Alkimia »»
Sep 5, 6:28 AM

Poll: » FLCL Alternative Episode 2 Discussion

Vysarine - Sep 15, 2018

19 by Berry-Vodka »»
Sep 4, 12:03 AM

Poll: » FLCL Alternative Episode 5 Discussion

Vysarine - Oct 6, 2018

15 by NothingFound »»
Aug 19, 10:34 PM

Poll: » FLCL Alternative Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vysarine - Oct 13, 2018

58 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 5, 10:33 PM

Poll: » FLCL Alternative Episode 4 Discussion

Vysarine - Sep 29, 2018

16 by St0rmblade »»
Mar 23, 2020 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.