Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What were the causes of the low score?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2017
I haven't completely finished it yet, but from what I've seen I'd say it'd have to do with the directing. Particularly the 1st few eps are quite confusing to understand, or maybe this is a show that's better to watch at once rather than with a weekly gap. But hey, Serial Experiments Lain is wayyyy more confusing than this yet that show is in the 8's soooooo sasuga MAL I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flinguist said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I mean if someone isn’t into gay relationships, why would they want to watch gay stuff? That’s not homophobia lol.

It's one thing to not care about the homosexual portrayal of the relationships, and another thing to be put off by them. If you just "weren't into gay relationships" then you would've watched it without prejudice. The fact that you (or anybody else, for that matter) actively avoid the show or dislike it because of the gayness means it makes you uncomfortable (implying you 'fear' it) and this is where your homophobia shows.

Ehhh, I think there can be a difference between preference vs hate. Not wanting to watch a show because of it having homosexual vibes or 'gayness' doesn't necessarily need to have a negative connotation behind it, it could just be a case of not preferring to watch those kinds of shows because of say, commonly used tropes for instance, or one may not get general enjoyment from those type of shows (i.e., ones that supposedly have a lot of "queerbaiting") in the first place. And it's also a case of reality vs. fiction, one's preferences over what to watch don't necessarily have to correlate with their irl views (just look at all the disgusting fetishes out there like rape, loli, ntr, etc). If we talk about hating the show because of gayness, then yes I agree with your points.
Apr 11, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 2019
Short_Circut said:

Ehhh, I think there can be a difference between preference vs hate. Not wanting to watch a show because of it having homosexual vibes or 'gayness' doesn't necessarily need to have a negative connotation behind it, it could just be a case of not preferring to watch those kinds of shows because of say, commonly used tropes for instance, or one may not get general enjoyment from those type of shows (i.e., ones that supposedly have a lot of "queerbaiting") in the first place. And it's also a case of reality vs. fiction, one's preferences over what to watch don't necessarily have to correlate with their irl views (just look at all the disgusting fetishes out there like rape, loli, ntr, etc). If we talk about hating the show because of gayness, then yes I agree with your points.

This. I for one don't care much for cars (looking at your banner :)) and so I didn't enjoy Redline and won't be watching any other car-themed anime any time soon. But that doesn't mean I hate cars (that'd be stupid, cars are very convenient). I just don't find it interesting to watch them riding around, is all. Does nothing for me.
Apr 11, 2020 1:57 PM
Feb 2017
littlecrisis said:
Short_Circut said:

This. I for one don't care much for cars (looking at your banner :)) and so I didn't enjoy Redline and won't be watching any other car-themed anime any time soon. But that doesn't mean I hate cars (that'd be stupid, cars are very convenient). I just don't find it interesting to watch them riding around, is all. Does nothing for me.

What? Having preferences? That’s illegal in this community.
Apr 14, 2020 6:07 AM
Oct 2017
The story was great the art was acceptable even tho it made me feel im watchin a chinese anime more than a japanese one but I believe the causes of it’s low score is
1 story pace : they rushed few things while took a long time on other things and i kinda felt felt bored in the middle
2 gayly vibe: i believe the relationship btwn tsukasa and hiroki or the two friends in the beginning is not a gay one and even if it was a gay one I don’t have a problem with it but the studio over did it that it became kinda cringy and weird , i mean im cool with gay stuff but when there is too much of it it make me uncomfortable bc i want to watch the anime the story is but alot of gay vibe makes it less interesting
3 slow start : it made some people give up too early and gave the anime a wrong score
oppai_kamisamaJun 27, 2021 8:39 PM
Apr 20, 2020 5:19 AM
Apr 2015
Gay vibe was of one side (hiroki) also there reason for it not like banana fish
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.