Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 8, 2020 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
So...has anyone seen the English dub that's being simulcast for this show? Granted, only four voice actors have been revealed thus far (Golem, Somali, Yabashira, and Shizuno), but from what little I've heard so far, I think it's a fairly decent, solid dub. Kyle Hebert and Corina Boettger are wonderful as Golem and Somali, though I do think the latter could stand to be a little higher pitched at times. The same with Kikila's voice actor. Whoever's voicing him in English makes him sound too quiet at times when he should be loud. But that's pretty much the only complaint I have about it. I really like the dub, flaws and all. What do you guys think?
Mar 21, 2020 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Apologies for the late response. I didn't notice this thread until now. But yes, I've been keeping up with the English dub since its initial premiere. I also think it's fairly decent, solid and I've been enjoying it too. I do like Kyle Hebert and Corina Boettger as the lead duo. The former projects a soothing, emotionless voice that's fitting for a Golem who's learning about human emotions and behaviours. The latter actually tries to sound child-like unlike some adult female voice actors who still struggle with that today. As far as the other castings are concerned, they seem fine so far.

The flaws you point out comes down to voice direction, which is an area where the dub does struggle with to some extent and could be improved upon. Despite that, it's one of the better dubs of the Winter 2020 season.
Mar 21, 2020 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
I think the dub itself is fairly good. I did find one bad performance in episode 6, which is Haitora's biological daughter. I know she only has one line and is pretty insignificant, but dear lord, not only was her voice way too low pitched for what appears to be a 6-7 year old girl, but whoever voiced her clearly made no effort to make her sound like she was in agony.
Mar 21, 2020 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, yes. That performance was noticeably bad. I hope not to hear anymore instances of that because I want to enjoy the dub for the rest of the show. If there's one thing I don't like how Crunchyoll handles their dubbing, it's their inability to show the credits at the end of the episode. You have to either hunt down the information yourself online or make some educated guesses. It's really frustrating to be honest. At least Netflix does this right. Anyways, I don't have anything further to add for the time being, but I'm sure we'll continue to lay down more thoughts in this thread as new episodes come out.

removed-userMar 21, 2020 9:33 PM
Aug 6, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 2021
Just finished the show and it has pretty good dub.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

114 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.