Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 5:29 PM
Feb 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Good points:
- Animated, this episode was my infancy (read as gateway) and the start of my love for this series and all anime in general... In the original media (read as manga) is just as good, better paced even... When you think of this part as an wrestling event everything here is pretty much justified.
- I could be at an impressionable age when I first saw it but the "Dragon is Alive", scene when Shiryuu's heart restart beating is still Great!

Ymmv points:
- Seiya was created after the mold of the hot headed idiot hero... but here we have the notion that he sure listened to Marin lessons... Not only that, he was wise enough to put it into practice after a severe blow to the head... If you are reading this... he was going against character or more like he deserves more credit than people give him?
- It's just me or the way his arm is turned when he broke his shield feels unnatural? I can reach the back of my arm with my fist just fine but I still can't shake this feeling that his arm position was way too convenient to make Seiya's "suicidal strategy" works...
- The scene when Pegasus hits the Dragon weakpoint is done better in the anime...

Bad points:
- In hindsight all the "Contradiction" (read as the strongest spear and the strongest shield clashing) scheme... and how it plays Shiryuu like a fool...
-> Someone trained in Greece and someone trained in mother Russia pick it up faster than he that was trained in China, the tale's origin...
-> Why he bothered trying to punch Seiya after he smashed his face against his shield?
-> How slow was his arm? Since gravity moved Seiya away before the Dragon's punch landed...

Ps.: My note is a 5 but thanks to dumb muscle memory hit a 4 and can't take my vote back...
mrponeisOct 20, 2019 6:16 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 1 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 26, 2012

5 by AndersonMSz »»
Dec 26, 2022 11:07 AM

» Where to read the original chapters?

Henriqueta - Sep 11, 2022

2 by Henriqueta »»
Sep 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 110 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 26, 2017

6 by hypermegakakar »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:34 PM

» Saint Seiya Manga Ending Question (Spoilers)

removed-user - Aug 11, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 98 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.