Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2019 12:19 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode reminds me of that Road Runner vs Speedy Gonzales race.
Feb 25, 2019 12:58 PM
Sep 2017
Well, that roadrunner is a VERY obvious reference to the good 'ol show. Her redesign back last year was great. Her Pavilion animation is hilarious.

On a slightly less upbeat note - me irl driving

Feb 25, 2019 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
Cheetah, pronghorn and roadrunner, I validate the choice of Friends this week.
Feb 25, 2019 3:18 PM

Aug 2018
That was a fun episode and I’m wondering what the next stop will be.
Feb 25, 2019 6:02 PM

Sep 2010
Not much happening this episode. >.<
Race, another cerulean, tractor... nothing that interesting.
Feb 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
Cute but boring. This really lacks the mystery of the first season. Luckily, getting some of that in Kemurikusa.
Feb 25, 2019 6:40 PM
Mar 2018
i don't want to make a spoiler but after Cheetah save the antilocapra from the cerulean

THey meet up for a delicious dinner :v
Feb 27, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
A great enjoyable episode!
fun to see Cheetah, Roadrunner and Pronghorn!
5/5.

Feb 27, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
Cute but the story just won't advance. With so many reminders at the begining of the episode it's obvious that now the series focuses on small children only instead of a wider public (lots of reminders because they would forget what happens between one week and the next one).

With the story never advancing and kyururu unlimited drawings, the studio probably plans to extend the series indefinitely.

I don't understand the storywriter intentions in showing the characters scared of cerulians. By now it is well stablished that at least medium sized cerulians die at 1 serval punch, and that has happened with every cerulian in this season.

Why would the group run away from them? And, if they decided to flee because they thought that they couldn't fight, why do the next second they decide to stop, fight and win, as always, by a single Serval punch?

Another thing I feel the writer forgot about is armadillo/pangolin. What was the point of showing the mysterious tea sipping shadow at the end of an episode, if the next one shows the pair failing miserably, and then be forgotten by another 3 episodes? Do we have to believe that they are doing *something very important* so they can deux ex machina at the right moment later on?

Showing cute friends it's nice and all, but wouldn't it be great if we get to see those characters move the story in some meaningful direction?

Finally, I hope that the studios get the message and work on a better story, should we see a third season:

(Question in niconico: How did you like this chapter Options go from 1: Good to 5: Bad.)
Azumi-teiFeb 27, 2019 7:03 AM
Feb 27, 2019 7:04 AM
Sep 2017
Downvote bots are a thing. If you paid attention to niconico's chat, you'd see an unproportional amount of insulting accounts, a good chunk of which with rubbish names. NN ratings have been like this all season long with no variation.
Feb 27, 2019 10:06 AM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
Downvote bots are a thing. If you paid attention to niconico's chat, you'd see an unproportional amount of insulting accounts, a good chunk of which with rubbish names. NN ratings have been like this all season long with no variation.

Even if we accept that there are some nico bots, we would have to believe that the number of people watching and liking is tiny. Let's say that two thirds of downvotes are bots. That still leaves us with the triple of people disliking than liking.

Also, I don't see why couldn't both sides create bots. It's not like the people creating bots would get anything by giving downvotes, while in the other side, there is a potential gain from upvotes in the form of hype, more BlueRays sold, better product placement...

I think the dislikes are very harsh, but still, not everyone is happy with the target audience switch. I suppose most of the (real)people disliking are people who liked kemofure from season 1, and the people liking are people who liked kemofure before season 1, from the games and such.

I feel the best idea would be probably to create different stories in the same universe, some focused more in the mysteries and serious tones, and other stories more lighthearted like the current season.
Azumi-teiFeb 27, 2019 10:13 AM
Feb 27, 2019 10:20 AM
Sep 2017
Also, I don't see why couldn't both sides create bots.

Because people who are content seldomly waste time skewing ratings.
Feb 28, 2019 8:05 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
modboy said:
Cute but boring. This really lacks the mystery of the first season. Luckily, getting some of that in Kemurikusa.

If u just squint a little theyre almost the same show, maybe with a palette swap 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 28, 2019 8:09 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Best dialogue this week:
“MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW“
~Serval
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 1, 2019 3:05 AM

Oct 2007
Now, that was an interesting race. Making it a relay is more fun than just plain racing. Slight advantage to the cats because there's 3 of them, although that advantage was negated by the roadrunner flying.

In real life, isn't the road runner also a fast runner? Maybe better she had just run instead of fly.
Mar 1, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2016
Liddo-kun said:
Now, that was an interesting race. Making it a relay is more fun than just plain racing. Slight advantage to the cats because there's 3 of them, although that advantage was negated by the roadrunner flying.

In real life, isn't the road runner also a fast runner? Maybe better she had just run instead of fly.

In real life, the road runner wouldn't stand a chance. Road runners can run up to 30 mph, and fly a minute or less. Caracal can run at 50mph. At 46mph, a real life Wile E Coyote should be able to catch a Roadrunner.

It's ok, because all friends are actually superfast when they need to, like at the end of the race (around 4:35): https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34704016
Nov 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Feb 2020
"Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow!"

Lol. That never-ending meowing was so adorable. I love Serval. <3

Cute and hilarious race.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM
Jan 2021
Roadrunner's shirt said "Beep!" ... lol.
Glad to see a cheetah finally appear. It was an obvious species conspicuously missing from the first season. Also Serval's shoes have paw pads on the bottom. Cute episode all around. I still don't understand the hate for this season. 7/12 episodes in and so far each one has been enjoyable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 11 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Mar 25, 2019

21 by Serafos »»
Nov 5, 2021 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.