Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
I don't care about price or anything. I'm just looking a good quality dvd box set(s) of the original Macross. I've tried searching ebay, amazon and extensively reading the reviews, but most of the reviews seem to be written by people who had watched Robotech first and are now discovering Macross, so their insight into the quality/authenticity of the whichever edition/release it is that they're reviewing isn't terribly helpful, as most reviews are along the lines of "omg, I watched Robotech growing up but decided to check out Macross for the first time and it's definitely worth watching. [Insert monologue about how Robotech is actually an amalgamation of three series including Macross] All Robotech fans need to see this!" or "FOR DIEHARD ROBOTECH FANS ONLY" etc. etc...

I'm leaning towards finding a copy of Animeigo's release titled: Macross Super Dimension Fortress: Complete Box set, but I'm hesitant as there also seems to be a remastered version released over six volumes that features a new english dub (which isn't a selling point for me, since I'm only interested in the original Japanese VA's and decent enough subtitles). I was wondering if the remastered version is true to the original release, as in uncut, original sfx/music, but with improved coloring/visual acuity.

Thanks. Oh, and I'm not asking for links, just the title and company of the release. I'm pretty sure that way I'm not breaking any rules.

Edit: Never mind, my indecision finally subsided and I made up my mind on which release to get.
C_M_Oct 16, 2018 3:26 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

58 by Nicoman- »»
Oct 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 29 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

33 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 19, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 26 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 6, 2009

38 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 25 Discussion

starseeker - Feb 14, 2009

46 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.