Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2018 2:35 AM
Jan 2017
So I just wanted to know your guys opinions on which you'd prefer the battle action part of gintAma or the funny and slice of life part of it. For me personally I love the comedy and slice of life part of it and it's been so good to get some comedy in the recent episodes after 3 years of action packed season of gintama
Oct 3, 2018 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer both. Anyway how long the anime will be? The manga is already ended?
Oct 3, 2018 2:45 AM
Jan 2017
Frroku said:

There is one more episode left for this season. But the manga is on hiatus rn and will continue its final chapter is jump giga… btw I don't read the manga. Just sharing the news 😅
Oct 3, 2018 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
Son_nish-kun20 said:
Frroku said:

There is one more episode left for this season. But the manga is on hiatus rn and will continue its final chapter is jump giga… btw I don't read the manga. Just sharing the news 😅

Damn. A few weeks ago, they said that had only a few chapters left..
Thanks.
Oct 3, 2018 4:57 AM
Oct 2015
they said that bcoz their current magazine contract is over...but they got contract with another magazine now so it will continue..but don't know how long
Oct 3, 2018 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
pratiksingh1594 said:
they said that bcoz their current magazine contract is over...but they got contract with another magazine now so it will continue..but don't know how long

Who told you this? Because that's nowhere close to what actually happened.
What happened is Sorachi miscalculated the date when he thought Gintama should end. Months ago, he's already told Jump Editorial Department that Gintama will be really finished by the end of August 2018. But he screwed up and needed more chapters than what he has estimated. Jump, who's already made some preparation for September issue (Including a new manga to fill Gintama place) couldn't back off anymore. Rather than axing Gintama or forcing it to end, Jump decided to let Sorachi finish Gintama in Jump Giga and give it a proper ending.

Jump Giga is also a property of Shueisha just like Shonen Jump. So there is no such a thing like the contract ended or whatever you're talking about because both magazines are under the same company.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Oct 3, 2018 10:42 AM
Oct 2015
well i dont know about whose company it is, i only know that they wanted for gintama to end in weekly shounen jump and he was ordered to end it before the timeline but he shifted to another.I dont know about giga...anyways i dont read its manga..well not anymore..so idk the details that much
Oct 3, 2018 11:41 AM

Mar 2018
If I really have to choose between purely one aspect vs another,then comedy & slice of life aspect, former of which Gintama is KNOWN for.But ideally and practically,Both. It depends on the timing of the appropriate situation . Sometimes, it is actually a combination of both elements that bring out the best of Gintama . I know this is a pretty simplistic statement but sth which is true.
E g The okita mitsuba arc is a short arc encompassing both of these elements(comedy/sol aspect more prevalent tho) , giving one of the best if not the best short arc of the series even with only 2 eps of development
Oct 5, 2018 6:45 PM
Apr 2016
I object to the title of this thread, all of gintama is shounen
Oct 26, 2018 2:57 AM
Aug 2014
DanVideos said:

Was thinking the same.
Nov 1, 2018 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
-Alians- said:
DanVideos said:

Was thinking the same.

Very true, but you got to admit there is quite a difference between slice of life Gintama and Action/Battle Shonen Gintama.
Nov 1, 2018 5:23 AM
Aug 2014
RealMTL said:
-Alians- said:

Was thinking the same.

Very true, but you got to admit there is quite a difference between slice of life Gintama and Action/Battle Shonen Gintama.

I mean yeah, there is a difference between slice of life shounen Gintama and Action/Battle shounen Gintama.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

101 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Aug 1, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 2, 2018

80 by MiamoreCash »»
Jul 4, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

77 by tomoe22 »»
May 24, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

95 by tomoe22 »»
May 23, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 12, 2018

62 by tomoe22 »»
May 21, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.